• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

I am bored at work so I downloaded all of the Crash FM podcasts and have been listening to them. I've made it from 1 to 18 and I'm listening to 19 right now. This is only in 2.5 days, too. It's actually a little annoying because so many people are complaining about the same things (no retry, lack of crash, etc) that it's driving me batty.

It also really makes me want to play the game again. I think I'm going to turn it on for a few hours this weekend. I'm only 4 events away from completing the game so I really should.

_RT_

I was way into this game for a while.
Have all the licenses except the last one. You know why? Stunt runs.

They suck.

Bigtime.

Nightz

bune duggy said:
I am bored at work so I downloaded all of the Crash FM podcasts and have been listening to them. I've made it from 1 to 18 and I'm listening to 19 right now. This is only in 2.5 days, too. It's actually a little annoying because so many people are complaining about the same things (no retry, lack of crash, etc) that it's driving me batty.

It also really makes me want to play the game again. I think I'm going to turn it on for a few hours this weekend. I'm only 4 events away from completing the game so I really should.
You should listen to the last few. You'll get even more excited about the stuff that they have planned.

So does anyone want to schedule some races in the coming days?

I've started playing again and it seems I've raised my world rank to 462. Been playing a lot of ranked races and coming in top 3 90% of the time.

BTW what's everyone's rank? You can go HERE to see. (Just scroll down a bit, it's on the right)

Player Progress Summary
World Rank 462
Time played online 65h 9m
Online races won 81
Online races played 186
Online races unfinished 44
Online races unfinished % 24%
Takedowns 570
Number of times taken down 589
Number of crashes 2323
Events started 230
Number of rivals 71

apparently.
Burnout Paradise new software update codenamed Bogart is now live on Xbox 360

Good news for Xbox 360 Burnout fans – the latest software update (codenamed Bogart) is now live.

For the full list of our changes hit this link or head over to the Paradise forum and let us have any feedback.
come on, sony.

actually, you can keep it for now:
Xbox 360 Bogart frame rate issue

We're aware there are some framerate issues with yesterday's Bogart update on some Xbox 360s.

This relates specifically to the frame rate in streaming zones and does not seem to be an issue on all machines.

Thanks to everyone for all the feeedback on the forums.

We're doing everything we can to resolve this as quickly as possible and will post further info on a solution as soon as we have it.

Aladuf

Banned
Ah, that was a good impromptu game we just had there fistul and Shins. Once again fistful I have to give you props on your patience with us as we sat there driving around in circles.:lol

But yeah, about what you said earlier in here, I'd love to schedule some games again! After playing tonight and having a good ass time I definetly want to do this again with a full room of people.

I had to post this as I thought it was neat. I was doing the event online where everyone has to do a bunch of barrel rolls at the airfield, and at the spot where there is two ramps right in a row I hit the first one, did a barrel roll counterclockwise, landed it, then immediately did a barrel roll clockwise off the second ramp. I know it doesn't sound like much but it looked really cool. And I'd like to ask if you have a camera at least point it at something. Half the pictures I saw yesterday didn't have anyone in them and didn't appear to be pointed at anything in particular.

Okay, I need some help with the stunt runs. So far I've managed a whopping 175,000points. I'll read over this thread (all 57 pages) at some point, but if anyone has any tips at hand to scoring big, I'd appreciate it. I don't hold much hope but it'd be nice to get the 1,000,000 points and x40 multiplier awards some day.

painey

Im glad this was bumped.. i got the game back for rental yesterday and actually went online, and its the most fun online ive had in a long time. Taking down people is great, especially when its accidental and the online challenges are the best idea ive seen in a long time

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So what's the word on custom soundtracks for PS3? Have they been introduced yet with the latest patch? I could have sworn I saw a screenshot with the feature added (or was that a fake?).

tha_con

Banned
dark10x said:
So what's the word on custom soundtracks for PS3? Have they been introduced yet with the latest patch? I could have sworn I saw a screenshot with the feature added (or was that a fake?).

36 days or so from now.

BeeDog

tha_con said:
Bogart, or Cagney?

Bogart is mostly technical fixes, Cagney is added features.

I guess Bogart is the one that was released today then.

Anyways, sorry for asking, but does anyone know a trick to force the spawning of cars you can take down? I have 5 cars to take down, but none of them has spawned for a looooooooong time!

Barrett2

_RT_ said:
I was way into this game for a while.
Have all the licenses except the last one. You know why? Stunt runs.

They suck.

Bigtime.

Stunt runs are killing me as well. I need to do a better job of scouting the areas before hand, but it's still frustrating, if you don't get a massive combo right away, you are toast.

BeeDog said:
I guess Bogart is the one that was released today then.

Anyways, sorry for asking, but does anyone know a trick to force the spawning of cars you can take down? I have 5 cars to take down, but none of them has spawned for a looooooooong time!

There are none. Just drive around different areas and they'll spawn eventually.

kenta

Has no PEINS
lawblob said:
Stunt runs are killing me as well. I need to do a better job of scouting the areas before hand, but it's still frustrating, if you don't get a massive combo right away, you are toast.
I used to hate Stunt Runs as well but then I understood what they're expecting you to do and it became total cake.

Basically you need to get in a Stunt car (obviously), and from wherever you're at on the map you can tap the boost once every 3-4 seconds to keep your chain going until you reach "your line". On the way there you can powerslide here and there, do little jumps and barrel rolls if you're lucky, things like that. But once you're in your line all you have to do is follow your routine.

My routine involved heading to the bridge on the lower part of the map, going over it westbound and then turning around and doing it eastbound, sticking to the right side of the road afterwards and going through the naval base, making my way to that one straight northbound road over the freeway with the billboards in the middle divider, then heading to the northeast shipyard, then heading to the beach area until I ran out of boost. No matter where I was starting on the map I found a way to make it into that line and it was a guaranteed 30x multiplier at the very least. Hope that makes sense and helps

Aladuf

Banned
atomsk said:
man, criterion is really dead set on extending the games life.

Yeah, they're adding a fuckton of things to the game. Once we get all this DLC it just doesn't seem like it'll stop getting better and better.

_RT_

kenta said:
I used to hate Stunt Runs as well but then I understood what they're expecting you to do and it became total cake.

Basically you need to get in a Stunt car (obviously), and from wherever you're at on the map you can tap the boost once every 3-4 seconds to keep your chain going until you reach "your line". On the way there you can powerslide here and there, do little jumps and barrel rolls if you're lucky, things like that. But once you're in your line all you have to do is follow your routine.

My routine involved heading to the bridge on the lower part of the map, going over it westbound and then turning around and doing it eastbound, sticking to the right side of the road afterwards and going through the naval base, making my way to that one straight northbound road over the freeway with the billboards in the middle divider, then heading to the northeast shipyard, then heading to the beach area until I ran out of boost. No matter where I was starting on the map I found a way to make it into that line and it was a guaranteed 30x multiplier at the very least. Hope that makes sense and helps

Yeah. I mean... I've figured out *what* I need to do. It's the implementation that I suck at.

Dizzan

MINI Member
So todays update allows you to get the hummer type car? The one with no boost but high top speed and massive car wrecking abilities.

How do we get it??

Also, add me for some online. Im getting back into it again

PSN: dizzan also for GTAIV and MGO

atomsk said:
man, criterion is really dead set on trying to sell more copies of the game.

fixed

rc213

Anyone here want to help me finish the 2 Player Challenges? I only need like 4-5 from the bottom of the list. I think you get a car for finishing 2 sets correct?

DuckRacer

Woah:

http://criteriongames.com/comingsoon/cagney.php

Am I LTTP with this? They're adding a ton of shit. Nothing huge like the island (which is supposedly coming this fall :|) or the bikes, but just a boatload of minor things like a new car and new liveries and tons of new challenges and a live update board and being able to activate the sirens on the police cars and refining the engine sounds of several cars and custom soundtracks on PS3 and the like. I mean seriously:

2435516621_a9707c2fd8.jpg

2436954704_16de93807b.jpg

2436083967_cc6b4c4ea8.jpg

This is pretty cool. And all for free apparently.

And they posted this up as well (surprisingly):

2438255859_18217aa130.jpg

It almost boggles the mind.

Undisclosed feature of the PS3's Bogart update:

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=164

PS3 players with the recently-released Bogart software update will be able to import their save game via USB drive or Memory Stick and analyse it on criteriongames.com!

Based on that, we create an interactive map that allows you to view the location of all incomplete discoverables. That includes Jumps, Smashes, Billboards, Junkyards, Body Shops, Paint Shops, Gas Stations and Car Parks.

Our technicians are just putting the final touches to this feature – we expect it to go live imminently!
Nice!

rc213

Our big announcement on Friday

After yesterday's clue, we saw some interesting guesses on our new content.

These ranged from planes (which we've already talked about) to big-rigs (which we haven't).

Nowhere near!

We think you'll be genuinely surprised by what we're going to talk about in the next podcast session.

Hit this link to subscribe to the podcast or tune in to our streamed video version here on Friday to find out what we're up to.

In the meantime, keep the guesses coming!

By TheTeam@Criterion - Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:56:20 GMT

:O :O :O

they just put ep. 30 up on iTunes, I'm downloading it now. I can't find on the site when it was recorded, though. I'm guessing today since it didn't download last night when I updated my iPod.
Friday's big announcement!

There's a massive clue in our Burnout Paradise Media & Downloads section that gives away the big announcement we're making on Friday.

Hit this link to head over there and see if you can work what it is.

Mail us at the mailbag, if you think you've worked it out...we'll call out everyone who got it right in Friday's podcast!

The announcement will be made here on the website, then we'll give you a bit more detail in our live streamed Crash FM podcast, which will go out at 5:00pm UK time.
http://www.criteriongames.com/burnout/paradise/mediadownloads/

I see nothing other than trailers and backgrounds.

Bebpo

Banned
Duck said:
Woah:

http://criteriongames.com/comingsoon/cagney.php

Am I LTTP with this? They're adding a ton of shit. Nothing huge like the island (which is supposedly coming this fall :|) or the bikes, but just a boatload of minor things like a new car and new liveries and tons of new challenges and a live update board and being able to activate the sirens on the police cars and refining the engine sounds of several cars and custom soundtracks on PS3 and the like. I mean seriously:

Any word on if there will be new single player challenges? Like new races or billboards or I dunno what they can come up with but I'm sure they could think of something! Online is great, but new SP stuff is what I'm in for.

I hope the island is pretty freaking big considering how many months they are taking to build it. Hopefully it has dozens of billboards, gates, races, etc...

Bebpo said:
Any word on if there will be new single player challenges? Like new races or billboards or I dunno what they can come up with but I'm sure they could think of something! Online is great, but new SP stuff is what I'm in for.

I hope the island is pretty freaking big considering how many months they are taking to build it. Hopefully it has dozens of billboards, gates, races, etc...
Is the island free as well as the bikes and stuff? Or are they the first things of DLC that we will have to pay for.

h3ro

untoldhero said:
Is the island free as well as the bikes and stuff? Or are they the first things of DLC that we will have to pay for.

The bikes are going to be pay DLC... which I don't mind at all considering the continued updates that Criterion have been giving us...

I'm really excited about this planned day/night cycle that they are implementing soon... can't wait to go through the mountains in the dark.

Haven't spent much time in Paradise City... I've been 'cross the country in a little place called Liberty City... :p

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I'd love for Burnout to go back to the fixed track style of racing. it's what tired me out of BP ultimately and i sold it the day before they annonced the Bike DLC. :-/

Now that I think about it, wouldn't a bike be too easy for Burnout? Weaving between traffic would be incredibly easier.

Iamthegamer said:
I'd love for Burnout to go back to the fixed track style of racing. it's what tired me out of BP ultimately and i sold it the day before they annonced the Bike DLC. :-/

Now that I think about it, wouldn't a bike be too easy for Burnout? Weaving between traffic would be incredibly easier.
No Boost Meter.

rc213

Big Announcement postponed a week it seems. =/

http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=173
Crash FM 30 – available this evening

This week's exciting Crash FM podcast, the 30th in the series is now uploading to iTunes.

As usual, you can hit our podcast link to subscribe and look out for the latest news on Cagney, speculation from the community on our next big announcement, burnoutgrandmas, letters, laughter and ramblings from the team.

This usually takes about 4 hours to be made available on iTunes, so you should be able to tune in sometime after 11:00pm UK time - that's 3:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

We look forward to bringing you the next Crash FM live on Friday 9th May and with it our long-promised big announcement.

By TheTeam@Criterion - Thu, 01 May 2008 18:58:23 GMT
Topic: Burnout Paradise News

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
bune duggy said:
wat.jpg

that's it? well, I wonder if it's going to have Crysis-like requirements.
Errr, while I doubt that a PC version is actually on the way, why on earth would it have Crysis like requirements? I mean, the game was designed to run at 60 fps on consoles so the PC should have no trouble pulling it off. Games like Gears of War and Lost Planet (console ports) easily hold 60 fps on the PC.

Top Bottom