• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Flunkie

Banned
rc213 said:
12 Days Left

New Video Podcast is up, With some sweet sweet stuff.

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=305

CRASH TV Podcast #37 goes live with WORLD EXCLUSIVE FIRST FOOTAGE OF BIKES AND DAY/NIGHT IN PARADISE

• - Latest News on the Codename: Cagney Update
  • - The Supporting Features of Codename: Cagney - including footage of the custom soundtracks in action on the PlayStation 3
  • - Burnout PC and how the Rock Band guitar controller transforms Stunt Run on the PC
  • - Spotlight on the Burnout Audio Team and how for them, Codename: Cagney gives them the chance to push the Sounds of Paradise to places
  • - WORLD EXCLUSIVE FIRST FOOTAGE OF BIKES AND DAY/NIGHT IN PARADISE CITY
  • -The mailbag, questions and more
I just got done watching this. Awesome!

rc213

flunkie4455 said:

Anyone else really wish Sony added podcast support to the PS3. I hate having to download my favorite Podcast and then transfer to the PS3. =\

colinp

Banned
bune duggy said:
RSS in PSP to PS3? I just use my iPod so I don't have that problem. Now iTunes deleting my podcasts after I download them, that's a problem I do have. ugh.

You realize you can play with podcast settings in iTunes, right? The 'Settings' button at the bottom middle of the screen...? You can choose to Keep All episodes, or just the episodes you've you have not played, or the last x # of episodes...?

Trust me, the settings were the first thing I thought of. Everything is set to "keep forever" but the program is still deleting them - and it happens before I listen to them.

When anyone downloads stuff in iTunes, it goes to a temp directory while downloading and is then moved to the permanent directory upon a successful download. My problem is that the "move" isn't taking place. And since the temp directory is deleted when you shut iTunes down, this results in podcasts being deleted since they are never moved. I even made a thread about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313454

Aladuf

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
Just finished up watching it, oh my god I am SO EXCITED for the Davis update with Day/Night cycles and the bikes. That footage was so awesome, I can't wait to hit up the airfield at night with you guys. :D

rc213 said:
Anyone else really wish Sony added podcast support to the PS3. I hate having to download my favorite Podcast and then transfer to the PS3. =\

Do you have the option of sharing a folder on your PC that has the new podcasts and using the copy feature on the PS3 to transfer? Unless that's what you're doing, then sorry. :)

rc213

MotorbreathX said:
Do you have the option of sharing a folder on your PC that has the new podcasts and using the copy feature on the PS3 to transfer? Unless that's what you're doing, then sorry. :)

I actually have a NAS that I use for movies to stream to the PS3. But it's summer here in Los Angeles so I try to keep the least amount of electronics on when I can. So I just been using my 4gb SDHC card to watch stuff for now unless I can download them directly like the 1up Show. Also my pc is noisy as hell!

Ramenman

Do we know something about what happens, when a motorbike crashes, to the guy that was actually riding it ?

I'm afraid they'd just take the "oh look he just disappeared lol !" approach :/

jet1911

Ramenman said:
Do we know something about what happens, when a motorbike crashes, to the guy that was actually riding it ?

I'm afraid they'd just take the "oh look he just disappeared lol !" approach :/

Judging from the video podcast that's pretty much what happens.

Ramenman

Yep. That was quite predictable.

What's more disturbing though is that the bike doesn't seem to be as "wrecked" as what's written on screen. I understand that a bike might have less "crash potential" than a car, but still, if they can't come up with some destruction in a Burnout game it's kinda underwhelming.

I'm sure they'll fix that though :)

Flunkie

Banned
Alright guys.. here's the deal.

I NEED Burnout Paradise friends. Me and Aladuf are good friends, so whoever plays with Aladuf, add me as well. :) Look forward to seeing you online!

PSN: Flunkie44

OatmealMu

flunkie4455 said:
Alright guys.. here's the deal.

I NEED Burnout Paradise friends. Me and Aladuf are good friends, so whoever plays with Aladuf, add me as well. :) Look forward to seeing you online!

PSN: Flunkie44

You are? Then I'm sorry but I can't add you. It's uh... against my religion.

Aladuf

Banned
OatmealMu said:
You are? Then I'm sorry but I can't add you. It's uh... against my religion.
:lol :lol :lol

For real though, some of you add flunkie if we used to play together, I have a feeling that filling up these GAF-Burnout games may not be as easy as they once were. So any extra players are welcome.

Kolgar

So after several months off I started playing Paradise again ahead of the awesome new update.

What a great game.

The past two nights I've gotten online and played with some great guys. Got my Burnout Skills achievement two nights ago, and last night, playing with a bloke from England and a dude from Hawaii, I completed my second set of challenges for the Block Party achievement, a new (final?) car and 101% complete.

Tits and win, boys. Tits and win.

Aladuf

Banned
I just have to say after our quick impromptu match last night with fistful, h3ro, Oatmeal (officer), and myself it FUCKING blows my mind to see how good fistful still is at this game. It's like you didn't miss a single beat dude! You whipped our asses in those two races.

Aladuf23 said:
I just have to say after our quick impromptu match last night with fistful, h3ro, Oatmeal (officer), and myself it FUCKING blows my mind to see how good fistful still is at this game. It's like you didn't miss a single beat dude! You whipped our asses in those two races.

Funny you say that because I just got whopped online.

If anyone on the PS3 version wants to play I'm online right now.

is Cagney the first update or patch for this game? if not what where the previous ones for?

and are Codename Davis and Eastwood both upcoming updates for this game and do these updates cost anything?

Cagney is not the first update, but its the first to add some new, substantial content.

Davis and Eastwood are future updates, yes, and Criterion is not going to charge any money for them.
The DLC with the night races and bikes will cost money, though.

slaughterking said:
Cagney is not the first update, but its the first to add some new, substantial content.

Davis and Eastwood are future updates, yes, and Criterion is not going to charge any money for them.

thanks

did they ever patch the ability to re start races?

I really like the post release work they are putting into this game, but how often do they release Burnout games?

I wouldn't want to buy this game now and the updates only for the next one to come out Jan 09

Ramenman

slaughterking said:

That's confusing, I was sure that Codename Davis = The DLC with the night races and bikes..

I like how the Burnout guys anticipated the trophies so that even though Sony says "not on old games" they will still work in BP.

as for updates, let's check wikipedia:
Expansions

On the official Criterion Games forums, creative director Alex Ward has stated that new cars are in the works. These cars will be available as paid downloadable content. He has also stated that the first of what is to be several islands to be added will be made available as part of an update. Bridges extending from the main section of Paradise City will connect to these islands, offering "a new type of gameplay".[18][19][20] Forum posts from Ward also alluded to the possibility of underground sections and further online content (including adding sirens to the police vehicles, and horns to the others, which would be used online in some form). Altogether, this expansion project has been collectively referred to as "Freeburn 2.0".[21] Each update has been given a codename, including "Cagney", "Davis" and "Eastwood".[22]

Gaming site Kotaku has listed some of Burnout Paradise's new expansions. The update codenamed 'Bogart', will fix several glitches and was due to be released on April 24th. [23] It was made available to Xbox 360 users on April 18th and to Playstation 3 users on April 24th.

The Cagney update set to release July 10th, will introduce three new FreeBurn multiplayer modes: Online Stunt Run, Marked Man and Road Rage. Online Stunt Run will involve up to 8 players simultaneously competing for the highest stunt score within 2 minutes. Road Rage will feature two teams: One must race to a checkpoint and then the finish line, while the other tries to stop them. Marked Man will be like a game of tag, with the marked man having no boost, their car will be slower and he/she won't be able to see the other players. One player will act as the Marked Man. He will get points for survival and the other players will get points for taking him down. In addition it will also bring custom soundtracks and 1080i support to the Playstation 3.[24] Criterion also mentioned that they will aim to add "many more" online modes as time goes on.

On April 23, 2008 it was announced that Motorbikes and Night-Time would appear in the Davis Update, along with tailored locations, challenges and game modes.[25]

New levels released as islands bridging to Paradise City were announced on April 28, 2008 as a part of the Eastwood Update.[26]
also, for someone who has listened to every podcast you'd think I'd be able to recite these things verbatim. :lol

Agent X

Since the update to PS3 firmware 2.40, I seem to have lost access to all my buddies' Road Rules scores. If I pause and check the leaderboards, I am now the only person on the online lists. This occurred yesterday, and it's occurring today as well.

Has any other PS3 owner here experienced this problem since the firwmare update came out?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Any 360 people up for some freeburn challenges or races?

The looming update has re-initiated my desire to get 1000/1000. :D

tha_con

Banned
Only 4 more days until I get my custom soundtracks!! WOOO!!!

I've been DYING to get into crash mode and listen to some Katamari.

Agent X

snack said:
Which episode has the motorbike videos in it?

Are you referring to the Crash TV video podcast? I haven't watched episode 4 of Crash TV yet, but episode 3 had a segment showing a bike, as well as day-to-night and night-to-day transitions.

Decado

Argh. This game is so annoying. The open city design is the worst idea they've had by far. Really ruining the game for me. Not being able to restart races instantly, searching for events (which don't seem to show up properly on the map, to boot), spending more time trying to seeking directions to the friggin finish line (and crashing because you took your eye off the road) than having fun racing etc. I hope this is the last "open world" racer we see.

If the studio is running out of ideas, maybe they should just try another genre.

Decado said:
Argh. This game is so annoying. The open city design is the worst idea they've had by far. Really ruining the game for me. Not being able to restart races instantly, searching for events (which don't seem to show up properly on the map, to boot), spending more time trying to seeking directions to the friggin finish line (and crashing because you took your eye off the road) than having fun racing etc. I hope this is the last "open world" racer we see.

If the studio is running out of ideas, maybe they should just try another genre.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

h3ro

Decado said:

:lol

2zp38z9.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tunesmith said:
Any 360 people up for some freeburn challenges or races?

The looming update has re-initiated my desire to get 1000/1000. :D

Better wait the update if u plan to complete the online challenges cos it includes a fix the actually allows you to do that: challenge not cancelled when someone leaves.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
TTP said:
Better wait the update if u plan to complete the online challenges cos it includes a fix the actually allows you to do that: challenge not cancelled when someone leaves.

Yeah, can't wait for that particular fix. :lol The brief time I've been able to connect to the Paradise servers today I spent miraculously finishing the 8 player "Stuntman" challenge, where 1 player jumps over 7 on the beach, took something along the lines of 30 minutes to get the last 2 people to actually stop jumping around and line the **** up. :lol

Top Bottom