• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Mar

h3ro said:
Sorry 360 Burnout owners, you're going to have to wait until July 24th. Certification just got delayed for the second time... :(

Fuck.

That's all I can say... Although at least it gives me more time to finish all the challenges before the new ones take over and no one plays the old ones anymore. 323/350 so far.

fuuuuuuck.jpg

Now we, 360 owners, have to wait longer for the update, because of the stupid certification process, what a load of bull. I've been waiting for it, the day has arrived, only to find out that I have to wait longer, FUCK YOU MS certification!!

Flunkie

Banned
StickyFingers said:
fuuuuuuck.jpg

Now we, 360 owners, have to wait longer for the update, because of the stupid certification process, what a load of bull. I've been waiting for it, the day has arrived, only to find out that I have to wait longer, FUCK YOU MS certification!!
They said that bugs were found in the 360 version, so I don't think it was all Microsoft's fault.

sinnergy

StickyFingers said:
fuuuuuuck.jpg

Yeah it would be much better that they release it now with a nice console bricking feature in the update.. right?

STG

Always-honest said:
nice!!!!!! so when are the new island + bikes coming?

bikes will come in the Davis update in August 2008.
and the new Island comes with the Eastwood update which comes somewhat later this year

Still no custom sound tracks! Edit: Oh there is custom sound tracks. Just not from the IN CLOCK XMB!

Instead they added a bunch of new classical music tracks to the game. At least in the JP version. What new music did the other version get?

Steroyd

PuppetMaster said:
Still no custom sound tracks! Edit: Oh there is custom sound tracks. Just not from the IN CLOCK XMB!

Instead they added a bunch of new classical music tracks to the game. At least in the JP version. What new music did the other version get?

damn your edit.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Press Left or was it Right, on the d-pad and select it. Doesn't support streaming music from a media server so it's pretty much useless to me.

Erebus

Wow I like the new color scheme/menus! It feels like I'm playing a brand-new game.:D

One question though, why are my songs being played sequentially and not random? I enabled the shuffle mode but it doesn't seem to change anything at all. :S

h3ro

Cagney... :O

So, these free cars... how do we get them and will GAF help me get them? :lol

I'll be back on later today so lets get the GAF room back up and running!

Nightz

Gah, I just had to read about Cagney being released once I got to work. My 8 hours here will seem more like 80 now. :( Can't wait to get it tonight though!

j-wood

Criterion continues to blow my mind.

Seriously, great developers.

EDIT: Just got the update installed, and everything is friggin awesome.

Just an FYI, when you have a custom soundtrack going, R1 still works to skip to the next track :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I have to wait for people to be in the "lobby" before being able to create a road rage or marked man race right? I don't see those options when creating. Just a general "race".

Aladuf

Banned
Downloading it now while I'm on a lunch break. I can't wait to give it a quick whirl before I head off back to work, but I really can't wait until we all play tonight. :D

Aladuf

Banned
Wow! I fucking love the new interface and everything. Whipping through the streets or getting into an insane crash while cranking some custom music just a minute ago was the most badass moment I've had in a video game in a while.

Our game tonight is going to be so much fucking fun I can tell. I wanna hit up that airport and Figure-8 track so bad!!

Anton668

h3ro said:
Cagney... :O

So, these free cars... how do we get them and will GAF help me get them? :lol

I'll be back on later today so lets get the GAF room back up and running!

Long story short....

new "paint jobs" we have now. Hunter Olympus, pretty much have to unlock online during special calender event. Special secret whatever car....... ??????

Graduation Weekends
In these, we’ll let you try out new cars and new liveries for a whole weekend. Over the course of the weekend, you’ll be able to test drive our vehicle of choice, and if you want to keep it, then we’ll set up an online challenge for you to complete.

The first such event will be our “Mount Olympus” event in which you’ll get to test drive the new Hunter Olympus, and, if you win an Online Road Rage event in it, you’ll get to keep it forever.

We’ll be running multiple Graduation Weekends that will introduce even more vehicles and for those players who participate in all of them, there’ll be a special prize.

love this update

I know how to access the custom soundtracks but how exactly do you get the game to play the playlist in a random order. I set the playlist I select to shuffle but nothing happens and no song starts and if I just select a song manually it plays the songs in order

EktorPR

^^^
'Been wondering that myself, too.

Btw, if anyone still has some free space on their friends list, feel free to add me.

PSN id: EktorOni

Aladuf

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Haven't DL'd Cagney yet but I'm about to.

Add me PLEASE!!

PSN: Name_Generated

I'm pretty sure you're on my PSN list already so when we're on I'll send an invite your way for sure.

I have to head off to gamestop real fast because I'm in such a Burnout Paradise high right now that I'm gonna go ahead and double dip and get the 360 version too but hopefully when I get back some of you will be ready to play!

h3ro

Aladuf23 said:
I'm pretty sure you're on my PSN list already so when we're on I'll send an invite your way for sure.

I have to head off to gamestop real fast because I'm in such a Burnout Paradise high right now that I'm gonna go ahead and double dip and get the 360 version too but hopefully when I get back some of you will be ready to play!

whoa. you're crazy. I have family over playing CoD4 right now, I'll be on soon enough...

Top Bottom