• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
matthsv said:
I think you have to uncheck 720p and enable 1080i in the ps3 system menu to change to 1080i

yup, have 1080i enabled as the lowest possible resolution,

rc213

PSN: rc213 /PST

I still haven't got the update, Been ass deep in work. =(

I still don't have 2 sets of challenges done to get the Bonus car.

M3wThr33

Banned
I bought this at launch and NEVER played it.
I put it in tonight, went to dinner while I waited for the update to download, came home and played 2 and a half hours straight. (I played the demo for hours on end when it came out)

God damn, this game is awesome. I spent 20 minutes alone in the airfield trying to go through the donut. Although, when I did, it felt a bit canned in terms of animation.

PSN: M3wThr33

nny

Just downloaded the update, now you can listen to classical music while playing, cool! I love the complete opposites of what I'm doing on screen and what music is playing. Before these tracks were available only for the black and white "screensaver" mode, no?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bp1094flatspinliquidmetal14.jpg

Anyone ever get this score? Posted this in March and the user who said he beat it never posted. Unless it got lost in the clutter.

LiquidMetal14 said:
[im g]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/LiquidMetal14/bp1094flatspinliquidmetal14.jpg[/img]

Anyone ever get this score? Posted this in March and the user who said he beat it never posted. Unless it got lost in the clutter.
1094 isn't that high. I swear I've seen higher, whether it's constantly reproducible is up for debate.

h3ro

Here's the car that we're all missing out enough because we aren't 1337 Burnout forum members :(

Nakamura Rai-Jin Turbo

Looks sick, its like an Audi R8, no boost on the car though. It has a full Speed rating, 0 for Boost and 4 for Strength... I hope they make it available to everyone some day.

Also, I'll be on later on today if anyone wants to play a few rounds. I went on quick to check some messages and saw a few guys already on...

h3ro said:
Here's the car that we're all missing out enough because we aren't 1337 Burnout forum members :(

Nakamura Rai-Jin Turbo

Looks sick, its like an Audi R8, no boost on the car though. It has a full Speed rating, 0 for Boost and 4 for Strength... I hope they make it available to everyone some day.
Well, only 64 copies available for each platform, so it's highly unlikely unless you post like forever on their forums.

Financially, it makes no sense for them to put at least one artist to build a model, test it for both platforms, and just have 128 people in the world enjoy it. But then again, it's all fan service, and it really gets people talking about it.

Hi, i just downloaded the patch and installed it..tried to play the game now but twice its stayed loading on the paradise news section, anyone else had this?

EDIT: fixed, it may of had something to do with the disc being 90% fingerprints

AlphaTwo00 said:
Well, only 64 copies available for each platform, so it's highly unlikely unless you post like forever on their forums.

Financially, it makes no sense for them to put at least one artist to build a model, test it for both platforms, and just have 128 people in the world enjoy it. But then again, it's all fan service, and it really gets people talking about it.
I think this will eventually distributed virally. That would be pretty awesome IMO.

WasabiKing said:
I think this will eventually distributed virally. That would be pretty awesome IMO.
Ohh. That would be awesome. Taking them down earns you the car...

Actually. The car technically sits on your drive in the Cagney update, doesn't it?

Mar

Hmm.. Not many 360 gamers posting in here at the moment... But if anyone sees me in game my gamertag is Mar 360x.

Just finished a 8 hour session or so (broken up with cooking dinner etc). I still can't get enough of the game, and this is without the new patch. I'm up to 177 hours all up now. The game still blows me away with its quality. Can't wait to finally try the new game modes and challenges.

F-Pina

Hi Guys!
Just bought this second hand. Been willing to buy since launch but only now i have some time. Awsome game.

There are so much options and things to do that i just get lost... oh well :)

ty_hot

Bought my copy on Second Spin (only U$24 with free shipping)

Burnout Legends (or DOminator, I don't konw) is the only PSP game that I usually play.

Playing the demo, this Paradise seems to be also better :D

AlphaTwo00 said:

Better would be people hosting the game, take downs or completing a race, or whatever. And I think people would be willing to share with their fellow gamers, hoarding cars is not cool.

Agent X

WasabiKing said:

I was thinking the same thing.

AlphaTwo00 said:

Actually. The car technically sits on your drive in the Cagney update, doesn't it?

As far as I've heard, it does. The same is true of several other new cars like the Olympus.

Shearie

I've been having good luck playing 8 player timed challenges with random people where everyone participates. Even got into a game with a guy that works at Insomniac. He didn't have thick skin though so I wasn't liked when I started thowing my usual flurry of insults around. :D

Anybody up for some timed challenges? I picked up the game again today and theres still a bunch of challenges i need to complete, not to mention the new timed ones.
Good to see some of the old guys i played with are still playing the game. Good times.
Feel free to add me:
PSN: devil_chicken

DuckRacer

dralla said:
The Raijin is now free for everyone, jump online and go to a junk yard and it's there. It is friggin' fast
awes--

oh wait, we're still waiting for our patch. i guess it's awesome in a totally different and negative way

gururoji

Sorry for the relatively naive question, but I'm just curious--do you guys that have played this a ton know the city like the back of your hand? I like the game quite a bit from what I've played, but I'm still sort of put off by what feels like a learning curve of learning the city. The turn signals and stuff help, but only so much. I just wondered what the seasoned vets would have to say about this question.

BeeDog

gururoji said:
Sorry for the relatively naive question, but I'm just curious--do you guys that have played this a ton know the city like the back of your hand? I like the game quite a bit from what I've played, but I'm still sort of put off by what feels like a learning curve of learning the city. The turn signals and stuff help, but only so much. I just wondered what the seasoned vets would have to say about this question.

Yeah, you'll have a (blurry) mental picture of the city soon enough. Don't sweat it, after 20-30 races you ought to find your way around pretty good.

It is time for me to buy Burnout Paradise... yes I am late. I'm not big about online sooooo....
Which version is the best overall? My main concern would be the framerate, load times, and pop-in (if any). To my understanding, the nod goes to the PS3, but then again the upcoming 360 HDD installs may make that a moot point.

Aladuf

Banned
Lord Helmet said:
It is time for me to buy Burnout Paradise... yes I am late. I'm not big about online sooooo....
Which version is the best overall? My main concern would be the framerate, load times, and pop-in (if any). To my understanding, the nod goes to the PS3, but then again the upcoming 360 HDD installs may make that a moot point.
Yeah, PS3 got the nod but both versions I believe were said to be extremely similar. All I can speak for is the PS3 version and it is great.

Thanks bud. Methinks I will get the PS3 version. I REALLY prefer the 360's controller, hell I love the system, lineup etc, but I've had mine die twice now, and I'm really leery of using it too much anymore. :/

Aladuf

Banned
rod said:
ive looked everywhere in the menus, how the hell do i play my custom tracks?

Press "right" on the D-pad as if you were going to play online but go all the way to the bottom of the list and Custom Soundrack is at the very bottom.

so I'm a little annoyed at the fact that 1) they moved to video only podcasts (it sucks battery life), 2) they moved to iTunes only as a delivery model, and 3) I haven't been able to get episodes 4 or the just-released 5 for some reason. Gets to about 5% done and just quits. Anyone else having problems? Suggestions for alternate ways to go about getting these things? Thanks.

Mar

bune duggy said:
so I'm a little annoyed at the fact that 1) they moved to video only podcasts (it sucks battery life), 2) they moved to iTunes only as a delivery model, and 3) I haven't been able to get episodes 4 or the just-released 5 for some reason. Gets to about 5% done and just quits. Anyone else having problems? Suggestions for alternate ways to go about getting these things? Thanks.

It's broken for everyone.

http://www.criteriongames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5227

quetz67

Banned
My Burnout (PS3) plays classical music all the time since the last update, even if I choose a track list. Not that I dont like it, but it gets a little repetitive.

Aladuf

Banned
Boy I've been craving some Burnout for the past couple of days, right now I'm out of town (so I can't play it) but the other day as I was sitting in the airport(s) I kept thinking of the airport in Paradise and just wanted to go race around there. :lol

Top Bottom