• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

DuckRacer

Cdammen said:
It's on the 26th.
Not anymore. August 4th at the earliest.
Burnout Paradise's New Software Update (codenamed Cagney)

Here's a quick post on the Xbox 360 version of our forthcoming software update.

We're still not able to provide a concrete date on this awesome FREE update. We're in the final stages of testing the revised version and will announce a concrete date as soon as we have one.

We're currently aiming for 4th August. That's the EARLIEST we can expect it to be available.

Many apologies to those keenly awaiting this pack. As always, we're trying to get this to you as quickly as possible.

We hope you can hold on a little longer for our brand new online game modes (Marked Man, Stunt Run and Road Rage), the Live Page and Calendar, our new cars, liveries, 70 Challenges and a mountain of smaller improvements.

More news here soon.
http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=332

Just give me the patch already. What could possibly be holding this up?

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Hunter Olympus is now available!

2676315947_ba9f6404e9.jpg

Looks like you don't have to complete a challenge to keep it either, it will be an Online only car that stays in your garage like the Rai Jin Turbo...

Very nice, will that third car be available sometime too? because all three cars are fucking hot.

For fucks sake, release the damn update already.

Now I have to wait until the 4th of August at the earliest!!?? Fuck Criterion and screw MS for whatever reason they hloding out on the update for so long.

Nice footage of the bike there, nice cornering too. And it will be cool to have a day/night cycle. That new island, is it part of this update aswell, or are they holding on to it to be the cashcow on the next update?

h3ro

StickyFingers said:

Now I have to wait until the 4th of August at the earliest!!?? Fuck Criterion and screw MS for whatever reason they hloding out on the update for so long.

Nice footage of the bike there, nice cornering too. And it will be cool to have a day/night cycle. That new island, is it part of this update aswell, or are they holding on to it to be the cashcow on the next update?

The Day/Night update is free and will be part of the next big update. Bikes will be pay for DLC while the new island will be totally free. :D

DuckRacer

StickyFingers said:

This update was supposed to be out in late June. And now they're saying Aug 4th at the earliest, who knows if it's going to be pushed back again?

They can emphasize that it's free as much as they want, but that doesn't mean shit if you can't use the content to begin with.

yeah. Criterion's been sitting on their asses this whole time. Seriously, they're working as hard as they can to get this stuff out. I imagine it's their perfectionism more than naything else that's holding it up. Remember the last update and how the 360 version had framerate issues after update? Probably something similar and they're just trying to kill the bugs dead this time. Keep in mind something they said a few podcasts ago: (paraphrased) "this isn't just an update, it's us messing with the actual code and changing it. Sometimes you change something and it breaks something else that you can't see at first."

StickyFingers said:

Jeez...

Cut 'em some slack, man. I mean, I totally understand the fact that you're looking forward to the update, but hey, at least they're still working on creating new content for the game and are continuing to perfect it. Keep in mind that the same can't be said for a lot of console developers.

kbear

I just got this game and love it. I've put about an hour into it so far doing nothing but driving around the city like a maniac getting the smash signs, billboards, jumps and other collecting stuff. I tried a couple of events but found the map to be a chore. I think I might just stick to driving around the city like a fool and skip the events. It will be fun to play this a couple hours a week just driving around randomly... a nice change of pace after playing so many shooters. So I'm assuming you have to do the events to unlock new cars?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Do any event on the map. Every time you pass an intersection there's one. And the road rules to beat. This game has strong replay value.

kbear

Some of these events are really fun... I love the Stunt Run and of course Road Rage. The races not so much since some of it is just luck

LiquidMetal14 said:
Do any event on the map. Every time you pass an intersection there's one. And the road rules to beat. This game has strong replay value.
*Intersections that have a light. There are a few that don't have lights...

I haven't booted my copy of 360 for a while, and I'm getting very antsy with the patch. Should I also just get the PS3 version for the hell of it?
kbear said:
Some of these events are really fun... I love the Stunt Run and of course Road Rage. The races not so much since some of it is just luck
I actually didn't like Road Rage as much, because of the way cars are generated around you, both infront and behind, it's less tactical than before.

Races, on the other hand, are way too easy once you know the maps. AIs don't take shortcuts hard enough, and aren't aggressive enough to know to try to take you down when you are ahead.

AlphaTwo00 said:
yeah, there's a few on the Interstate toll booths too.

Also, do the Marked Man events early because the AI ramps up when you get closer to your elite license. If you get them all done first, it won't be nearly as difficult. Plus you won't have my problem of getting the achievement for doing a Marked Man with the F-1 car. Man that was hard.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AlphaTwo00 said:

I haven't booted my copy of 360 for a while, and I'm getting very antsy with the patch. Should I also just get the PS3 version for the hell of it?
I'm on it. The patch has breathed an all new life to the game. And this game is not gimped (for once).

Mar

I managed to get 350/350 yesterday. So now I'm eagerly awaiting the new patch. Previously I was happy for the delays so I could get the last of the challenges done.

217 hours put into this game now. So epic.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
On the ps3 version, can you seek aka fast forward through a custom soundtrack mp3 file?

Flunkie

Banned
I'm enjoying this. I just got back into it a couple days ago, and I'm about halfway through Class A still. Got a ways to go.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda late to the party here but I'm loving this game so far. Like others I played the terrible demo and decided my money was better spent elsewhere. Then Amazon had this for their DOTD for only $25.

If I had realized this was actually SSX3 with a coat of Burnout I would have been in on day one. So awesome. Though I still don't get why they didn't include a restart option when you fail or quit an event.

Everdred

How does everyone like the online take down mode? It is in the last patch right?

I used to exclusively play online road rage on the previous versions. LOVE IT

Mar

Jive Turkey said:
If I had realized this was actually SSX3 with a coat of Burnout I would have been in on day one.

I've never played SSX. But I see Burnout Paradise as more of a platformer with cars.

Cdammen

borsdy said:
That update is on Live now :D
No it isn't. Not for me at least. It's the 4th of August and the clock is 12:06 and still no update here in Sweden :(

(EDIT) WTF... had to find it manually :)

Cdammen said:
No it isn't. Not for me at least. It's the 4th of August and the clock is 12:06 and still no update here in Sweden :(

(EDIT) WTF... had to find it manually :)

strange, all i did was put in the disk and got the title update, then it asked me to download the Cagney update "press A" ..

FunkyMunkey said:
DLing now =D. So what exactly will this include? Where can I purchase the bikes?

Cagney update info

http://www.criteriongames.com/comingsoon/cagney.php

bikes will be in another update "davis" .. in about a month

http://www.criteriongames.com/comingsoon/davis.php

Any details on the trophies? Someone here said they were coming this month, but I don't remember seeing anything like that coming out of Critereon Games.

Roxas

jeremy_ricci said:
Any details on the trophies? Someone here said they were coming this month, but I don't remember seeing anything like that coming out of Critereon Games.

I'm sure they said it would be out before the Davis update.

EktorPR

Ok guys, I'm confused: PS3 owners have had the update since nearly a month ago and I'm still yet to see Online Road Rage/Marked Man. How do I access these features?

EktorPR said:
Ok guys, I'm confused: PS3 owners have had the update since nearly a month ago and I'm still yet to see Online Road Rage/Marked Man. How do I access these features?
easiest way , create your online game, invite a few people, then go into game types, then select it.

Mar

Finally got to play the new update.

It's amazing how much they've changed. Lots of little subtle things too like added sound effects here and there. I've played the game too much so immediately noticed they've tweaked the engine sounds (they are more crackly) and added a cool effect to the boost.

It's awesome being given challenges and not knowing where to go again. Makes the game feel very fresh. Especially when they've got you going to places that you never visit usually.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I dont really get the point of the 2 new cars with no boost. I messed around with the hunter olympus online only to get trailed by a friend with his Boosting/Strength truck. The building up momentum with his boost overpowers the Hunter easily.

Living off a gamefly rental for now. Amazon needs to hurry up :D

Top Bottom