• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Glute.Belly said:
picking this up at lunch. 26 bucks used

You've probably already picked it up, but it would have been nice to spend the extra $4 and give that money to Critereon. Those guy's have been doing a lot of hard work for the fans and gamers, and haven't charged a dime. It would have been the lead you could do.

Either way, I hope you enjoy the game, I know I do.

mr stroke

j-wood said:
For like 4 more dollars you can buy a brand new copy that will really support Critereon.

decided to do the same(hopefully Critereon sells a bunch more with the new price), and WOW, thank god for this thread. I avoided this game for 9 months because of that lame demo, but the 29.99$ price and all the advice from this thread made me jump in. Holly shit what a great game, only thing that sucks is everyone playing online right now is really really good so much practice needed.

Railer

Picked this up today for 30 bucks. I also picked up Halo 3 at the same time, but so far i haven't been able to stop playing Burnout.
3½h and counting so far. My favorite challenges so far are definitely "Marked Man" and "Road Rage". It's just so damn fun taking down other cars.

After i unlocked this SUV looking aggression with 9/10 strength i feel like a monster, and it's such a good feeling. I haven't really gotten into the Stunt events so far, i find them hard. But yeah, awesome game. I kinda regret not picking this one up earlier.

h3ro

Railer said:
Picked this up today for 30 bucks. I also picked up Halo 3 at the same time, but so far i haven't been able to stop playing Burnout.
3½h and counting so far. My favorite challenges so far are definitely "Marked Man" and "Road Rage". It's just so damn fun taking down other cars.

After i unlocked this SUV looking aggression with 9/10 strength i feel like a monster, and it's such a good feeling. I haven't really gotten into the Stunt events so far, i find them hard. But yeah, awesome game. I kinda regret not picking this one up earlier.

Good job picking it up. Awesome games like this deserve continued sales. I'm guessing you're on 360 so make sure you also download the Cagney update from the Marketplace. It updates the entire UI and adds some great tweaks to the game play. :D

Railer

h3ro said:
Good job picking it up. Awesome games like this deserve continued sales. I'm guessing you're on 360 so make sure you also download the Cagney update from the Marketplace. It updates the entire UI and adds some great tweaks to the game play. :D

Yeah, on the 360. And yeah, it asked me to download it when i started the game up, so i followed the games advice :)

Railer said:

God, after getting that it was all I used until I got better aggression cars--aggression class vehicles are what really made this game click for me, I really had problems with the faster cars because I always missed turns, crashed, etc, but aggression cars give you some leeway for crashes due to their strength and the speed isn't overwhelming while good enough to win races since you can get takedown after takedown constantly filling boost (although that strat doesn't work so well where I am now, going for my Burnout liscense).

Okay, I just started playing burnout again after buying my brother's copy, and I am so used to driving in GTA4 that this game is freaking insane. It's like playing f-zero gx right after playing mario kart. :lol :lol I can't wait for the new update. I think i got this game at just the right time.

Wurm

Banned
Railer said:
My favorite challenges so far are definitely "Marked Man" and "Road Rage". It's just so damn fun taking down other cars.

If Road Rage is your favourite event, I strongly recommend picking up Burnout Revenge. Road Rage felt a bit too diluted in this entry i feel because Aftertouch Takedowns were taken out, as was Crashbreaker and the cheapness factor of "repairing" your car for more chances.

Cruzader said:
PS3 users:should I continue playing or wait for trophy patch?? Im like 20-30% done.

Trophies are going to be retroactive because the save files are locked. So keep playing and come trophy day, it'll be a PAY OUT :D

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
How much (do you think, if it's not announced) it'll cost on PSN? I'm getting a bigger harddrive soon (wow, 40gigs went quick, gotta stop buying games!), and thinking that I may be getting this. Maybe GT5P too, if I can use my old save from the disc-version.

Cruzader

Banned
Wurm said:
Trophies are going to be retroactive because the save files are locked. So keep playing and come trophy day, it'll be a PAY OUT :D

Sweet! thanx for the info. Now I dont have to worry about having to beat the whole game twice!

Aladuf

Banned
Mar_ said:
Too late to add my gamertag to the list?

Mar 360x
I want to play with you sometime man, I've been playing regularly on the 360 now. In fact I'll add you now so maybe we can get some people racing when the update hits or whenever.

Also, anyone else on the 360 who plays can add me if you want. GT: Aladuf23

EGM92

Is the Bike patch out yet? I just seen the trailer for it, SOOOO FUCKING HOT! I can't wait to play online with the GAF crew.

Mar

Aladuf said:
I want to play with you sometime man, I've been playing regularly on the 360 now. In fact I'll add you now so maybe we can get some people racing when the update hits or whenever.

Sounds good. It would be nice to play with GAFfers instead of randoms when my real life friends aren't around. Also, if I do invite you or other GAFfers to a game with my friends, just be prepared. We are... Kind of loud ;). In a good way of course. Laughing and joking around.

I actually have one of the Criterion guys on my friends list. He invited us to add him after he popped up randomly in a pub game I was in. Really cool guy. However I was afraid to invite him into one of my games with my friends, worried I might scare him off :lol.

Aladuf

Banned
Mar_ said:
Sounds good. It would be nice to play with GAFfers instead of randoms when my real life friends aren't around. Also, if I do invite you or other GAFfers to a game with my friends, just be prepared. We are... Kind of loud ;). In a good way of course. Laughing and joking around.

I actually have one of the Criterion guys on my friends list. He invited us to add him after he popped up randomly in a pub game I was in. Really cool guy. However I was afraid to invite him into one of my games with my friends, worried I might scare him off :lol.
:lol you're loud? I think that's quite alright.. all the Burnout nights we used to have on the PS3 got pretty damn rowdy. It just makes it so much more fun.

big_z

i hope this bike update changes the front end of the game again. it takes forever to get to the game currently, way to many useless screens and loading.

Mar

Aladuf said:
:lol you're loud? I think that's quite alright.. all the Burnout nights we used to have on the PS3 got pretty damn rowdy. It just makes it so much more fun.

Oh, you previously played the PS3 version? Are you going for 202%? I would be if I had a PS3.

seat

Mar_ said:
Too late to add my gamertag to the list?

Mar 360x
Aladuf said:
I'd like to add with you guys if you don't mind. I have Paradise on the back burner right now since I've recently become a Gears-a-holic, but I'm sure I'll get sucked in again when the bikes roll around. Also, I was having a lot of fun with GDJustin with the challenges, but I think he may have sent the game back to Gamefly. Not sure though.

Gamertag: deepseated

Anyone can feel free to add me if they like.

Aladuf

Banned
Mar_ said:
Oh, you previously played the PS3 version? Are you going for 202%? I would be if I had a PS3.
Nah, I'm going to attempt at getting 101% or at least close to it (depends how much I can play before Gears 2 comes out) in the 360 version but by the time I beat the PS3 version I had stopped playing it for the most part. All of us would just get on to play when there was an update or whatever but that's about all I played of it then.

seat said:
Gamertag: deepseated

Anyone can feel free to add me if they like.
Just got the friend request, added.

Bookey

Professional Monk
We all want to meet up on patch day? If so Gt is Therealbookey seat already added me and I'll add the others in a sec

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just rebought this for PS3.

I've never had as much fun with an online game as I did going for achievements with some GAF members on Super Bowl Sunday. What a blast.

seat

Aladuf said:
Also, I see you said you're into Gears too, I play it every night still so we should definitely try to play that sometime too.
Thanks, definitely. Keep in mind I'm new to Gears, so I might be kinda sucky to play with, but damn I love it. I don't know why I put off trying it for so long.

h3ro

seat said:
Thanks, definitely. Keep in mind I'm new to Gears, so I might be kinda sucky to play with, but damn I love it. I don't know why I put off trying it for so long.

Roll, Shotgun, Roll. Rinse, repeat. :D

Phatcorns

What up homies, I think I am buying this after work today for 360. I was gonna wait for the PSN download version because I would infinitely prefer to have a digital copy, but I must play!

Couple of questions, do you guys play the 360 version? I definitely want some people to play with online.

Is the bikes update going to be available for 360 tomorrow too? I thought I read somewhere that only the PS3 will get the update for tomorrow and the 360 update will come later. But I haven't found anything saying that since.

Should I wait for the PSN version? I could easily wait another month, but if it's gonna be a few months then maybe not.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Phatcorns said:
What up homies, I think I am buying this after work today for 360. I was gonna wait for the PSN download version because I would infinitely prefer to have a digital copy, but I must play!

Couple of questions, do you guys play the 360 version? I definitely want some people to play with online.

Is the bikes update going to be available for 360 tomorrow too? I thought I read somewhere that only the PS3 will get the update for tomorrow and the 360 update will come later. But I haven't found anything saying that since.

Should I wait for the PSN version? I could easily wait another month, but if it's gonna be a few months then maybe not.
Bikes should be same on 360 and PS3 at the same time. I'd say you get the 360 version now, it's a hell of a good time to get the game now.

Makes me think too, I'm sure it has been mentioned but this is an excellent strategy to give your game good sales in the long run. Only needs to me marketed a bit more.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Phatcorns said:

How much is the 360 version now? PSN version will be priced 30$ IIRC (in line with the gratest hist price)

Roxas

Phatcorns said:

They said "Fall", so no later than next month i would assume.

h3ro

TTP said:
How much is the 360 version now? PSN version will be priced 30$ IIRC (in line with the gratest hist price)

Both are currently $27.99 on Amazon... I don't know what that is in your crazy European space currency...

Aladuf

Banned
Just posted this in the Burnout Bikes update thread but I figured I'd post it here too, to see if anyone knows..

Ploid 3.0 said:
New burnout bikes gameplay footage. Foggy weather.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40160.html
Just saw this image in that video showing some award I never remember having in the PS3 version. Did they announce some new in game achievements for the PS3 version or achievements for the 360 version that I didn't know about, or is this just an old one that I don't remember getting?

burnoutawards.jpg

It says:

Paradise Award: 4 of 20
Get your Motor Running

I'll do the same thing: :)

main_banner_00004.jpg

with all the new stuff they're adding, I'm not surprised they have new bike-specific awards.

I have a birthday party I have to go to on Saturday (about the only day I have left for getting online) so I won't be able to play against anyone until probably next week. :(

seat

Apparently the Cagney update's been removed from the download page in preparation for the bikes update on 360. Wish I'd known that before I cleared the my 360's cache today! Guess no online Burnout for me until the new update hits.

Mar_ said:

I think I'm gonna pick up Burnout again when I get my 360 later this month, and yeah I'd like to play some of you guys.

gamertag: disappeared 2

Xav

I hate the bikes so far, no boost bar of any kind and no drifting. No flatspins in the air and when you crash the rider is gone while the crash itself leaves much to be desired. Think I'll stick to the cars... the ones that allow Burnout 2 style boost chaining anyway.
The night/day cycle is cool though I feel it's something that should of been there from day one. Anyway it's all free so thanks to Criterion for showing others how it should be done.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Well i have gotten a 100% motorbike license. I am disapointed that the Firehawk Competition GP doesn't have an aussie flag :D.

Ow well great fun.

Top Bottom