• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Agent X said:
It's simulating weather changes. There's a time of day adjustment, but unfortunately nothing yet for the weather changes.

Although I like the fog and all that, there are certain times where it would be useful to have the option to disable the changing weather conditions like there is for time of day.

did they add this weather shit thingy with the trophies patch ? becuase i didn't saw anything like it before with the bikes patch , fuck these useless trophies ruins my game :(

Agent X

Totobeni said:
did they add this weather shit thingy with the trophies patch ? becuase i didn't saw anything like it before with the bikes patch , fuck these useless trophies ruins my game :(

The weather was introduced with the Bikes pack.

STG

missing 2 trophies, 8 players in baseball stadium and the 16km bike driving while in an 8 player game thing
and thanks to my nice NAT3 connection I get disconnected every 2 minutes :|

I hate it

F#A#Oo

Banned
I bought this game a few days ago...at first I was all confused and didn't understand a single thing now I think this is one of the best racing/car games I've ever played...

I've pretty much grasped everything except how to start one of those "race rules" things that flash up...

chriskun

Agent X said:
It's simulating weather changes. There's a time of day adjustment, but unfortunately nothing yet for the weather changes.

Although I like the fog and all that, there are certain times where it would be useful to have the option to disable the changing weather conditions like there is for time of day.

wait, you can set the time of day??? thats fucking awesome, I've been thinking I have to wait for the time of day to change this whole time.

h3ro

F#A#Oo said:
I've pretty much grasped everything except how to start one of those "race rules" things that flash up...

I'm assuming you mean Road Rules. These are time trials for entire roads. To activated them, press Up or Down on the D-Pad and the signs will turn Red and cycle though the different types of rankings (offline, online times, etc). To start, just go to the start of a road and start driving on it, the clock will start and end once you reach the end of the road...

Agent X

chriskun said:
wait, you can set the time of day??? thats fucking awesome, I've been thinking I have to wait for the time of day to change this whole time.

Yes, and they did a good job of implementing it. You've got the following choices:

• 24 minute day
  • 48 minute day
  • 2 hour day
  • 24 hour day
  • matched to the time on your system clock
  • constant (time of day does not progress)

If you choose the "constant" option, then you have another list of options:

• sunrise
  • midday
  • sunset
  • midnight

crispyben

edgefusion said:
It looks like a glitch to me, it's the same blue tint that you get at the top of the screen (which is meant to be like what you get in some car windscreens to reduce sun glare), but it's been reflected down to the bottom of the screen for some odd reason. I would say it's a software issue/bug and not something major to worry about. Have you tried making a new save and seeing if the problem persists?
That could be it... I didn't try, I just wanted to make sure it was a non-threatening bug! Thanks.

Going back and replaying for the trophies I am starting to remember what pissed me off the most about this game. Its the collision detection. I've been caught in the crash animation and put into wrecks that would never have happened ~30 times since I started playing again. From the curb I was 2 feet from that resulted in the front of my car merging with the back to the car I drove behind crossing an intersection that resulted in me flipping 5 times forward over a rail and into a wall. I even had this weird thing happen where I'm driving straight during a man-hunt and my car out of nowhere jerks me right 5 feet into the back of a truck.

Either way this game is still alot of fun but the collision deal is by far the most frustrating aspect.

lupinko

Well, I'll probably go back and start all over for the trophies (since it would be weird to only get some of the trophies). I'll do it after I get through my PS3 backlog though or whenever I just feel like playing BP.

F#A#Oo

Banned
h3ro said:
I'm assuming you mean Road Rules. These are time trials for entire roads. To activated them, press Up or Down on the D-Pad and the signs will turn Red and cycle though the different types of rankings (offline, online times, etc). To start, just go to the start of a road and start driving on it, the clock will start and end once you reach the end of the road...

Thanks!:D

TimeLike

DongHungLong said:
Going back and replaying for the trophies I am starting to remember what pissed me off the most about this game. Its the collision detection. I've been caught in the crash animation and put into wrecks that would never have happened ~30 times since I started playing again. From the curb I was 2 feet from that resulted in the front of my car merging with the back to the car I drove behind crossing an intersection that resulted in me flipping 5 times forward over a rail and into a wall. I even had this weird thing happen where I'm driving straight during a man-hunt and my car out of nowhere jerks me right 5 feet into the back of a truck.

Either way this game is still alot of fun but the collision deal is by far the most frustrating aspect.

I've got over 200 hours logged into this game and have never experienced anything like this. I only crash when I hit something and the cars/bikes go where I point them.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i picked up a ps3 last night and grabbed the burnout paradise demo. As a huge burnout 3 fan (hated the rest) i have to say i was a bit shocked. I'm guessing it was the car and all but what happened to the speed and drifting? Its all so slow and odd :lol And im not a huge fan of the flappy paddles, do want my right stick back.

But i might pick it up on psn if it hits the AUS store since i couldnt find it last night.

Is there still a good amount of gaffers playing this online?

Kweh

So what's the deal with trophies, just patched the game up and tried the bikes out. I'm 54% through the game before today, will I have to restart to get the trophies?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Agent X said:
Yes, and they did a good job of implementing it. You've got the following choices:

• 24 minute day
  • 48 minute day
  • 2 hour day
  • 24 hour day
  • matched to the time on your system clock
  • constant (time of day does not progress)

If you choose the "constant" option, then you have another list of options:

• sunrise
  • midday
  • sunset
  • midnight

I like the hour of day matched to my PS3's clock, that is the real clock in my time-zone :). I do like to see the sun starting to set in the game as it is doing it here too :D.

Cdammen

evlcookie said:
[...] grabbed the burnout paradise demo. As a huge burnout 3 fan (hated the rest) i have to say i was a bit shocked. I'm guessing it was the car and all but what happened to the speed and drifting? Its all so slow and odd :lol And im not a huge fan of the flappy paddles, do want my right stick back.

But i might pick it up on psn if it hits the AUS store since i couldnt find it last night.
Belive me. The insanes speeds and awesome drifting is there. The demo is just a really bad represantation of the complete game. Pick it up, it's worth it :)

BeeDog

Well well, got 100% trophies today, finally. Don't know if this has been mentioned, but for the 24 hour bike trophy, you only have to choose the 24 Minutes weather option and wait it out to get it.

VNZ

I bought the PS3 version today but I haven't opened it yet.

This is the problem; there's no information on the box regarding included languages but a swedish flag. Usually that means that there's a choice of swedish in addition to the standard english, but I've heard that EA games sometime only include "exotic" languages on their games nowadays. I absolutely detest playing games in swedish (since they're usually badly proofread machine translations).

So, anyone know what languages are included on the swedish disc?

BeeDog

VNZ said:
I bought the PS3 version today but I haven't opened it yet.

This is the problem; there's no information on the box regarding included languages but a swedish flag. Usually that means that there's a choice of swedish in addition to the standard english, but I've heard that EA games sometime only include "exotic" languages on their games nowadays. I absolutely detest playing games in swedish (since they're usually badly proofread machine translations).

So, anyone know what languages are included on the swedish disc?

English, Italian, Spanish etc. I have a Swedish disc of it, and the game defaults to English.

lupinko

Kweh said:
So what's the deal with trophies, just patched the game up and tried the bikes out. I'm 54% through the game before today, will I have to restart to get the trophies?

Yes.
I'm in the same car for that one as well. =(

Baron

Ever since the latest update to the game that added trophies, I've been experiencing lockups when I try to start a game and choose a car in the junkyard. Has anyone else had the game lock up? The game starts up just fine, but when I select a car in the junk yard, the screen locks while zooming in on the car and I am forced to perform a cold reboot on the system to continue.

Baha

Baron said:
Ever since the latest update to the game that added trophies, I've been experiencing lockups when I try to start a game and choose a car in the junkyard. Has anyone else had the game lock up? The game starts up just fine, but when I select a car in the junk yard, the screen locks while zooming in on the car and I am forced to perform a cold reboot on the system to continue.

Delete the update and re-dl & install? Shouldn't take long to do and might do the trick.

bune duggy said:
not that there were load times before. I guess they're shorter but I don't really notice a huge difference.

why is that even after you make a save after the 1.5 patch, it doesn't work with the PSN version?

Ken Masters said:
The fog is fucking ruins the experience, they never should have put it in
Yes, it can be very distracting. It would be great if they would add an option to select the weather effects much like we can choose the time settings in the game.

Mar

Ken Masters said:

The fog is good but annoying when you're trying to beat times. There really needs to be an option to turn weather off for when you're doing such activities. The only way around it I've found is to change the time of day and hope the weather goes with it. Which most of the time, doesn't work anyway.

Baron said:

I haven't had any hard lock ups. But I've had it stall on me for a good 20 to 30 seconds. Just last night in fact I went from a car to a bike, and it sat there looking at the bike for ages. Just when I thought it was fucked and I was ready to reset, it suddenly put me on the road and I was off. I think it just takes it a long time sometimes to change the game modes.

Steroyd

Ken Masters said:

I agree, especially for Stunt Runs but thankfully I had the jumps memorized by time I had a Stunt Run + Fog combo.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ken Masters said:

thank you

Steroyd said:
I agree, especially for Stunt Runs but thankfully I had the jumps memorized by time I had a Stunt Run + Fog combo.

I can't do that :( , try fog in the mountains road it turn the game from racing to survival horror , not only that , i can't see the road , when there is fog it's like a PSone game when the street and everything just pop up to my fucking face .

you can set the time but not the weather , seriously what the hell , patch this pure crap Criterion .

i love the fog, but i'd already learnt the world by the time they patched it in. i have no problems driving through the mountains in it, but i realize now that it's because i learnt them without any.

either an option then, or keep the weather off for the lower licenses and make it more common as it goes up.

i love the weather, would love to see more, and would love to see seasons next!

Steroyd

Totobeni said:
I can't do that :( , try fog in the mountains road it turn the game from racing to survival horror , not only that , i can't see the road , when there is fog it's like a PSone game when the street and everything just pop up to my fucking face.

Silent Hill. :) At least you had a radio to tell you enemies were coming, same can't be said about burnout and jumps. :(

Mofro

Neo Member
The whole "weather" thing bothers me. I just don't see how Fog = Weather.

It's an element of weather, but to call this active weather is laughable:lol

Like a poster above, I was already pretty knowledgeable with the roads, but if I was just picking this game up now, I'd be very frustrated with the "weather".

How about some rain? snow? sleet? black ice on the roads?

Fog is not weather.

scitek

Well, they're from England, so really, fog IS weather to them. I just like how they think an interSTATE starts and ends in the same city.

Mofro

Neo Member
That's too funny. I almost made a Fog/London joke.

Never noticed the Interstate that runs just in one town, but now that you mention it, it is I-88:lol

Baron

Finally got my Platinum 100% trophy for Burnout Paradise today. I've also got about 30 more showtime road rules and 20 more stunt runs left to do for my 100%/elite license.

If you want a compadre to freeburn with online, add me: PSN is indigentia.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Picked up burnout paradise today, from the aussie psn store. PSN id is evlcookie , so add me and kill me if you have to :D .

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So after 90 mins of playing, its not too bad of a game. The bikes seem like they are easier to control especially in first person mode for some reason and are just more fun.

The controls do suck. As i play in fp mode i couldnt give a rats ass about the rotating camera, holding down r2 is just strange and uncomfortable.

Not a fan of the map, its just one of those things im going to have to get used to.

Seemed like a few freeburn online games were going on, so thats a nice sign of online play. Didnt jump in as my cars are pure shit.

Glad i got it, will need to play it alot more to get a real feel for it.

polg

My copy of burnout is being funny. Everything works if I choose a bike, but it freezes as soon as I choose a car :/

Has anybody else experienced this?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Question.

Custom soundtrack, its possible on PS3 right? If so can i just plugin my Touch and grab music from that or am i dreaming? :lol

Also it has no speedometer :(

Volcynika

evlcookie said:
Question.

Custom soundtrack, its possible on PS3 right? If so can i just plugin my Touch and grab music from that or am i dreaming? :lol

Also it has no speedometer :(

Yes, custom soundtrack. If you put the music on your PS3 HDD, just go to easy drive menu (right on the control pad) and go to the last option.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Seems like theres no burnout love on gaf anymore :(

Got A license and i still havent figured out how to boost off the starting line, i assume you can still do it? :lol

Game is so far so good. The windmill place seems fucking pointless and i hate it with a passion.

Top Bottom