• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

M3wThr33

Banned
Wurm said:
Bullshit! Also their excuse that "all other" Trophies are like that is a lie. The Mainichi Issho trophies checked you save after viewing one News Item, and awarded the rest of the trophies you'd retroactively earned.

Would have been a simple case of having the trophies match the 'Awards' list, then maybe one easy extra one to trigger the game searching your awards list to them.

Fucking disappointed with Criterion over this.
Technically, yes, but it's against what Sony allows, so you basically have to argue with them about it. Warhawk is online, so it's more difficult to start over, and Issho is Sony's own, so they can break their own rules.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TTP said:
Well, look at the trophies list. They dont mirror all the in game awards one. For example, there is no Elite license trophy. Only Burnout (Gold). So you better copy your save somewhere, do the trophy thing, and put it back.

PS: My kid just unlocked a couple of trophies :lol I'll let him play for a while :D

Even Burnout license takes forever though. This is stupid, especially for a locked save game. Warhawk had retroactive trophies... I dont see why this shouldnt. At least the license and jump stuff that it tracks, the park or repair can be non retroactive... they are easy.

I am on the fence. PLus they have them split into three sections, I dont know why, and only the core ones are needed for Platinum. Its not like you can play without the patch...

Returners

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

argh, i've already played it again since my PS3 broke down...

now I have to play it AGAIN?! =S

just one question, does the road rules stay if you start a new game?

sorry to hear about this trophy kerfuffle. i'm only about halfway through the single player cause i spend so much time doing stuff other than the events, so i'll still be able to pick up a good number of trophies, but i was looking forwards to actually getting some trophies. none of my other games have them yet.

i'm not massively upset cause i also have the 360 version, but it's a shame that they went on record with a promise that they haven't been able or allowed to keep.

spwolf

i am getting PSN version today, and I bet I will earn some trophies faster than you suckers (j/k)... see you in the game, cant wait...

They need to offer shit load of games PSN, I dont want to pay 75 Euro for every game when I can buy over PSN with US account

Anton668

Returners said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

argh, i've already played it again since my PS3 broke down...

now I have to play it AGAIN?! =S

just one question, does the road rules stay if you start a new game?

Offline - no
Online - not sure, but doubtful

Well they should have said something sooner about the trophies not being retroactive. I don't care about them enough to start a new save. Whatever.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Escalation said:
Well they should have said something sooner about the trophies not being retroactive. I don't care about them enough to start a new save. Whatever.
especially since they said the opposite a week ago with the bikes

BeeDog

What the fuck? Goddamn morons, you promised this 15460829 times in your blog posts, and now you don't back up the promise? Shit.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Escalation said:

Yep, I am not best pleased. I have been putting quite a bit of time into the game thinking that they would be retroactive, I will probably start again but it will be so annoying.

AndyD

aka andydumi
plagiarize said:
well call me crazy, but i figure if they'd have KNOWN a week ago they'd have said so.
you know they didnt realize this yesterday. they must have known weeks ago. plus sony takes a bit to certify the patch, so they knew. its bullshit overall. and the patch wont kick in to download for me.

Doel

Finished all the bike challenges last night too.

Fuck this game now, I'm done. Don't promise shit unless its already in the game. How many times do developers need to be reminded of this.

and I just got my B lisence, FUCK YOU CRITERION

even though I have put about 6hrs in this game, I can't feel that bad seeing how most of you put at least 10x that amount

Remy

Disappointing. I'm at like 75% for the Freeburn Challenges and I didn't really want to lose that.

I'll probably trudge through the game again - it's still high on my GOTY list, and if I've already dumped 60+ hours into it, I can dump some more - but this killed me re-buying the PSN release.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So can you get trophies for new goals in an old save? And why wont mine kick in? I even deleted the install data and its still only downloading the 1.4 bike patch...

Anton668

andydumi said:
So can you get trophies for new goals in an old save? And why wont mine kick in? I even deleted the install data and its still only downloading the 1.4 bike patch...

Andy, I presume your in the USA. Seeing as how your profile say so. That being the case, THE TROPHY PATCH ISNT OUT YET!

And you can get trophies on a game save from before the patch. You just cant get all of them. well, depends how far along you are.

Nisa65

Anyone know if there's a difference between the UK PSN version of this and the HK one, both are up for download now but there's a pretty big difference in price.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anton668 said:
Andy, I presume your in the USA. Seeing as how your profile say so. That being the case, THE TROPHY PATCH ISNT OUT YET!

And you can get trophies on a game save from before the patch. You just cant get all of them. well, depends how far along you are.

Cool and cool. I was wondering about the patch because the ingame news says its available... and people on my friends list are playing it with trophies... I know two of them are in the UK, not sure about the other 2.

Anton668

andydumi said:
Cool and cool. I was wondering about the patch because the ingame news says its available... and people on my friends list are playing it with trophies... I know two of them are in the UK, not sure about the other 2.

would seem everywhere but here.....

and to clarify on the save data part..... (from the Criterion forums)

For example

Drive through 50 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 50th set of Yellow Smash Gates

means that the trophy will be awarded when the number of smashes you have increases from 49 to 50. So, if in your save game you have smashed less than 50 smash gates you can still get this trophy. If you have already got 50 or more then you'll only be able to get this trophy by starting another game. (You can backup your original save so you progress is not lost). The same logic applies to all the other trophies.

But what about one's like "Complete 10 Timed Challenges"?...if we already have all challenges done and if we do 10 timed challenges, will that earn us the trophy, or will we have to do 10 non-completed-already timed challenges?

The description for that one is

Awarded when you set your 10th Time Road Rule.

so its awarded when the total of timed challenges goes from 9 to 10. If you have already done 10 or more then you'll need to backup your save and start a new one.

Its also worth pointing out that some of the trophies can still be completed with a 101% save. For example:

Awarded for winning any Offline Race

will be awarded whenever you win an offline race, even if you have won it already.

The rule is to take the trophy descriptions literally and they will tell you exactly what you need to do to earn them.

tribal24

Banned
i dont care if they couldnt get it retroactive in all i care is that they actually put trophy. people shouldnt be disaapointed over this they already gave us so much. personally i dont mind

Volcynika

Aw, and my PS3 just did three red beeps when I shutdown while picking a car in the game! EVIL CRITERION! (Not really, I know the issue and that it isn't harmful)

jax (old)

Banned
I seriously just started playing from scratch last weekend (did I post this already). Not retroactive = EEUUUUrrghhhhh. I'm up to midway through class B license. I'm NOT going back to 0 again.

Anton668

tribal24 said:
i dont care if they couldnt get it retroactive in all i care is that they actually put trophy. people shouldnt be disaapointed over this they already gave us so much. personally i dont mind

I think everybodys biggest problem (mine as well), is they didnt say anything till after the update went online.

Even as of the bike pack they said the trophs were retroactive.

It was a big announcement and something they have been touting for months now.

ppl were busting their ass to get all done before the update. If I would have know this was the case, I would have left the game alone 2-3 months ago.

Im sorry, but I find it hard to believe they woke up this morn and went "Shit, guess it dont work after all!".

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anton668 said:
would seem everywhere but here.....

and to clarify on the save data part..... (from the Criterion forums)

That makes it a bit better. I can at least use my main save to do some of the stuff.

But I agree with you, they knew of this before this morning, yet they consistently said it will be retroactive.

h3ro

SCREW THAT SHIT.

I already put in over 200 hours into my save file, no way in fucking hell am I going through that again. Fuck Trophies. Don't announce shit you aren't 100% sure is going to work, it makes you look like a dumbass.

Whatever, I'm not playing Burnout again until the new island is available, have fun grinding out those stupid tedious races again guys! I'll be having my mind blown in Wipeout.

Anton668

again from Matt at Criterion (just posted)

SCEA have not yet made the update active. It should be any time now. Unfortunately it is Sony that decides when this goes live, and not us. For what it's worth, sorry for the delay.

-Matt

Volcynika said:
And I JUST got my Burnout license. Goddammit.
and I just got my Elite. :/

I mind about the Road Rules, but I doubt it'll be too hard to get all those again. Plus it lets me start over again with the online challenges of which I think I have 37 done. It also lets me start setting Road Rules times since I didn't care enough to do it too often in my current play through. I'll buy the PSN version and start anew because I love the game that much.
Anton668 said:

Maybe he should try formatting his HDD and see if that helps get the patch. I mean, he's tried everything else except reading the posts in this thread so why not this too.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bune duggy said:
Maybe he should try formatting his HDD and see if that helps get the patch. I mean, he's tried everything else except reading the posts in this thread so why not this too.

Haha, funny guy. I read the thread, but people just say its out... not I am in France and its out... Plus when I saw the in-game news I assumed its out everywhere...

Patches have never gone up at the same time everywhere. Hell, there were problems with the bikes patch going up in different parts of the US at different times. Servers are weird like that.

Also, I realized I'm doing a bit of cognitive dissonance in my reasoning for playing through the game again. That's ok. At least I know I'm (sorta) lying to myself.

plagiarize said:
well call me crazy, but i figure if they'd have KNOWN a week ago they'd have said so.

You're crazy. The TRC's regarding trophies have been published since July 31st, 2008 so they knew since then. It states clear as day that trophies can only be opened up in real time. They knew they wouldn't pass cert with a trophy patch unless they did this.

Devil's advocate: maybe they thought that since Sony's game could do it (that weird cat game) then they could as well. I mean, it's not really fair of Sony to do something they won't let 3rd parties do.

Top Bottom