• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

I'll be online for a while at 8PM EST to get some of the online trophies, namely:

-8 player meetup in wildcats stadium
-10 timed challenges

PSN id: FlashFlooder

I'll be waiting in the stadium... see you all there??

Mar

Had some good games last night. I'd forgotten how fun the cars are to drive. Just being able to do random shit and stunts while you're waiting for people to finish challenges makes it a lot more entertaining. Whereas with the bikes, while they are just fun to ride, are lacking in the fact you can't do those things. I had a great time just launching my car at the hangar in the airfield, with the wreck flying straight up in the air, twisting and rolling, while people watched from below.

I'm down to just 3 challenges left to do now. So 487 of 490 done. I've never found any of them frustrating or annoying either. It's easy to find a group of people who are just laid back and interested in having fun as opposed to fully serious and agro about getting stuff done. It's such a great game for having a relaxing time throwing a piece of metal around a city.

Mar

drmcclin said:
-8 player meetup in wildcats stadium

Are people really having trouble with that one? Because that just seems strange to me. Pretty much every time I play the game there's an instance at some point where everyone has to go to the baseball stadium.

got all of 'em, thanks to anyone who might've contributed (send me your psn id so i can friend you).

^for me it was just a matter of getting all 8 people to actually follow through with a challenge. Lots of clueless people online it seems...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I have the hardest time trying to get the red team on road rage (everytime I try to change from blue to red the game starts, and very few people seem to play it) and I still need 7 Freeburn Challenges (aka not the timed ones) as well as the 5 bike ones. I also need that smugshot one but until LBP hits retail I'm not buying a PS eye yet so my platinum will have to wait...

drmcclin- I was Luse666 BTW, it was pure chance I happened into your room though :D

Len1978

Mar_ said:
Are people really having trouble with that one? Because that just seems strange to me. Pretty much every time I play the game there's an instance at some point where everyone has to go to the baseball stadium.

It took me a half hour to get this trophy, there was always a least two pecker heads that couldn't or wouldn't come to the stadium!

Mar

Len1978 said:
It took me a half hour to get this trophy, there was always a least two pecker heads that couldn't or wouldn't come to the stadium!

Are the hard achievements from the 360 version in the PS3 version as trophies? For instance, the two hardest ones on 360 were:

Win an 8 player race.
Lead 6 of todays best in 8 player.

BeeDog

Mar_ said:
Are the hard achievements from the 360 version in the PS3 version as trophies? For instance, the two hardest ones on 360 were:

Win an 8 player race.

No, the trophies are piss-easy for the PS3 version (thankfully). Probably because they couldn't award them retroactively.

Mar_ said:

Win an 8 player race.
The hardest challenge in the PS3 version of the game was "win a Marked Man with the F1 Racer". Not a trophy but still hard.

Mar

490.jpg

Finally got them all finished. I have completed the game, for the second time. It will be a third time when they release the next patch with new challenges... Again.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Mar_ said:
Finally got them all finished. I have completed the game, for the second time. It will be a third time when they release the next patch with new challenges... Again.

Too much time on your hands :p

I'm jealous. I wish I had the spare time to put that much into a game.

How many hours do you think you put into it (each time)?

Mar

Dizzan said:
Too much time on your hands :p

I'm jealous. I wish I had the spare time to put that much into a game.

How many hours do you think you put into it (each time)?

Heh, well if I can do it, anyone can. Full time job, married, etc. I very rarely play on weekdays and mostly just play on weekends. Just when I do get to play I play for long periods of time.

I'm way over 300 hours now. I lost 40 hours in a patch for some reason. Have 280 in cars, 60 in bikes or something. Getting all the challenges done is certainly the hardest part of the game.

Snipes424

Anyone playing the PS3 version atm? I need to get my last couple online trophies, and if you help me I will help you.

PSN is Snipes424

h3ro

Snipes424 said:
Anyone playing the PS3 version atm? I need to get my last couple online trophies, and if you help me I will help you.

PSN is Snipes424

I can't right now, but I'd definitely be down to go through the online stuff tomorrow (it's 2AM EST here). I'm sending you a PM now...

Aladuf

Banned
God, I shouldn't buy this game for a third time (PS3 BD, 360 version, PSN) but I'm seriously considering it. Trophies and the desire to beat it yet again has me tempted. And with all the games I'll be playing this fall... lol Gears 2... I'd never get much of a chance to play it anytime soon. :/

Mar

I forgot to mention. Some guy showed me his ass in Burnout last night. I really wasn't expecting it (obviously). But I took him down and there popped up a picture of a dude standing there with his pants down. I thought, maybe it's just a picture he's put in front of the webcam? I take him out again later on, and nope, it's the same guy but sitting in his chair this time.

The Xbox Live community. Always delivers.

Volcynika

Mar_ said:
I forgot to mention. Some guy showed me his ass in Burnout last night. I really wasn't expecting it (obviously). But I took him down and there popped up a picture of a dude standing there with his pants down. I thought, maybe it's just a picture he's put in front of the webcam? I take him out again later on, and nope, it's the same guy but sitting in his chair this time.

The Xbox Live community. Always delivers.

I think I've seen the other side of that on the PS3 version, but I didn't even feel like making sure I was right. D:

In other news, I just got my Burnout License trophy, now I just need to take care of the online trophies I have left (5 bike challenges, 10 timed challenges, and one timed challenge for cars). Woo!

hulot

Just downloaded Burnout and updated but there's absolutely no sound from any part, logos, intro, etc. I went to the sound settings of my system, it's going through hdmi, output formats 'Linear PCM 2ch. 44.1kHz' and 'Linear PCM 2ch. 48 kHz. Help would be appreciated.

Arrrgggghhh.... I've got all the jumps and billboards done but I'm missing just one or two smashes in each area. :(

I really don't want to have to try and follow a map one by one, I'd end up not playing the game again. Are there some ones that pretty much everyone seems to miss? I found one on top of a building (across from a car park)... are there any more like that?

maxax

Psychotext said:
Arrrgggghhh.... I've got all the jumps and billboards done but I'm missing just one or two smashes in each area. :(

I really don't want to have to try and follow a map one by one, I'd end up not playing the game again. Are there some ones that pretty much everyone seems to miss? I found one on top of a building (across from a car park)... are there any more like that?
PS3 version?

http://www.burnoutteamrocks.com/

I don't know if something like this exists for the xbox.

Mar

hulot said:
Just downloaded Burnout and updated but there's absolutely no sound from any part, logos, intro, etc.

I read about some funny things with the sound in previous pages of this thread. Maybe try reading back a bit. But have you tried going through the sound options in the game itself? I think there's a setting you need to change in there because they changed how it mixes.

Psychotext said:

The CBD area seems like a pretty common place to miss stuff. You rarely spend time there and there's assloads of stuff. My last smash was around that area. I ended up having to go round every street, every block, slowly, and checking out every building. When I finally spotted it I was like "you cunt".

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Five years ago, everyone had a USB Webcam except for me... I've been asking everyone I know if they could borrow me it but noooooo, apparently every single one's "sold/given it away".

Worst trophy ever. I'll just have to pay 50 bucks or whatever for the PS Eye.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Metalmurphy said:
Oh god...

facepalm.gif
Hey, I'll obviously use it for

2di38nq.png

too y'know :)

hulot

Mar_ said:
I read about some funny things with the sound in previous pages of this thread. Maybe try reading back a bit. But have you tried going through the sound options in the game itself? I think there's a setting you need to change in there because they changed how it mixes.

I searched but couldn't find anything. Everything else (ie other games, xmb) is fine, but Burnout (both PSN full and demo) refuses to play any sounds. I even reset my system settings but no go. I'd like to play this but never without sound. If anyone's also come across this and solved it, let me know.

Ok, I've finished off the smashes at the lake and mountains. 1 left in each of the other areas.

I'm going to take a look at the map and see if I can find the ones on their own.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Psychotext said:

Upload your save game to the Burnout EA site. It will give you a neat map with only what you are missing.

Mar

hulot said:
I searched but couldn't find anything. Everything else (ie other games, xmb) is fine, but Burnout (both PSN full and demo) refuses to play any sounds. I even reset my system settings but no go. I'd like to play this but never without sound. If anyone's also come across this and solved it, let me know.

Did you try the sound settings in Burnout like I said? I'm sure that's your problem.

Mar

Also, try disabling DTS in your PS3 audio settings. Apparently that fixes some sound issues with the game.

Hi Guys,

I got the game yesterday (UK release) but i cannot get the sound working. I my PS3 connected to my Home Theatre 5.1 system via Optical Cable, and do not receive any sound at all. None on intros or in game. When i go to audo options, it says use system settings. Iv had no problems with any other games or when playing music/movies etc...

Help Please!

I believe this may have something to do with DTS. Burnout Paradise tends to default to DTS instead of Dolby Digital, so if your receiver can't handle DTS, make sure that you've disabled that as an audio option in the PS3 audio settings. Hope that helps.

Thanks JG... you solved my problem!

Sounds exactly like your problem. And disabling DTS fixes it.

hulot

Mar_ said:
Also, try disabling DTS in your PS3 audio settings. Apparently that fixes some sound issues with the game.

First thing I found on Google and unfortunately, nothing was checked except the two 'Linear PCM's that I listed previously (which are also non-removable). I'm redownloading the PSN game but I don't remember there being a selection for that in the options menu. I'm looking at the demo right now (got it off Dead Space) and I see volume, usb camera, and motion sensor selections, but nothing about sound mixing. Thanks for the help though.

Mar

hulot said:
First thing I found on Google and unfortunately, nothing was checked except the two 'Linear PCM's that I listed previously (which are also non-removable). I'm redownloading the PSN game but I don't remember there being a selection for that in the options menu. I'm looking at the demo right now (got it off Dead Space) and I see volume, usb camera, and motion sensor selections, but nothing about sound mixing. Thanks for the help though.

Nasty. I have no idea then. You tried sound settings on your home theatre / TV as well? I honestly don't know and can't find anything like it on the criterion games forum either.

radjago

I live in Ohio, and I spent a few hours last night in Burnout on Live with a friend looking for the Obama ads and didn't find any. Color us disappointed.

radjago said:
I live in Ohio, and I spent a few hours last night in Burnout on Live with a friend looking for the Obama ads and didn't find any. Color us disappointed.

he didn't waste money on Ohio regions because he knows that people don't want blacks to take over.

radjago said:
Yeah, they seem to have all been taken down today. This afternoon they were replaced by Subway ads.
Damn you Five Dollar Footlongs *shakes fist*

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
After 60 hours of gameplay...I'm almost at 100%...one freakin smash. I'm missing 1 smash point!! Oh it pains me.

Worst part of it is that it's in Downtown Paradise. That area is too damn huge

radjago

Unregistered007 said:
he didn't waste money on Ohio regions because he knows that people don't want blacks to take over.
Wow, that's overly reductionistic, don't you think? Not everyone in Ohio is from the hills or the sticks.

h3ro

Second said:
Bought the game off PSN two days ago. The game is amazing.

Are there more updates planned for this game?

Yep, a new DLC Island with associated challenges, races and perhaps cars... all for FREE.

Majmun

h3ro said:
Yep, a new DLC Island with associated challenges, races and perhaps cars... all for FREE.

Criterion :bow

The game is such a great value.

I hope they'll include bike races this time. Midnight and Burning events are cool, but I want to race against other bikers too.

So I was itchy for something new to play after like two or three solid weeks of Rock Band 2 and I was about to go blow some money on some used crap and on a whim I threw in Burnout Paradise again and, wow. Thank you for saving me money with your awesomeness. I played like two hours on the bikes, which handle AMAZINGLY, like seriously I could just ride those for hours. It sucks a bit that you only get time challenges with them, at least at the outset I guess, but seriously, riding them is so fun, the sound is SO FUCKING GREAT for them, that I really don't mind.

Then I went back to the cars and wow, so many more events than I remembered.

What a great, fantastic, evergreen game.

If anyone has this and is suddenly struck with the urge to buy some old game used just for something new to do, pop in Burnout Paradise again, for a larf. It just might save you some dough.

Angst said:
Looks like this doesn't work with PSN version of Burnout Paradise. Anyone managed to get it to work with the PSN version?
Its probably worth noting that it is important to save the game the way its described at the website:

1. In Burnout Paradise (PlayStation 3) go to the UNDER THE HOOD menu and SAVE your game

I tried it with my autosave file at first and it didn't work. Maybe thats your problem, too.

Plus, I didn't work with Opera either. I had to use the IE.

Aladuf

Banned
Welp I just decided to buy Burnout off of the PSN. I had to do it, the whore in me wanted to beat it again and get some trophies in the process. And while I know we haven't played in a while I'd still like to get in some games with a few of the guys again once we're all brought together by some free DLC in the future. :D

Top Bottom