• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AlphaTwo00 said:
3010104971_206be766b2.jpg

Today's announcement.

...wait, what?
OMG! OMG OMG

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Totobeni said:
daaaaaaaaamn , freaking awesome Delorean clone

this is the party patch ? or other patch ?

Not related to party patch (which is not a patch, but DLC you have to purchase from store)

As you can read in my previous post, this car is NOT free either.

Sooner or later, they needed to charge for this stuff I guess.

Wow it is real. How much is it going to cost and when is it out? Also, speculation as to what the other "legendary" cars are?

Criterion said:
In addition to the Jansen 88 Special, look out for the Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit and the GT Nighthawk.

I'm guessing the GT Nighthawk has got to be KITT from KnightRider. The Bootlegger is probably the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. The Manthattan Spirit is probably the Ghostbuster's ECTO-1.

Seeing as the 88 Special can hover, the other cars should have special features too.

If the Knighthawk really is KITT and it doesn't talk Criterion will be ultimate fail.

The Bootlegger/General Lee needs to shift the game into slow motion whenever it catches air. Bonus points if the game freeze-frames and a crazy narration kicks in.

I don't care what the Spirit / ECTO-1 does so long as it has that fucking Ghostbusters siren.
Also, a driver should step out of the car and "ghost ride the whip".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TTP said:
Not related to party patch (which is not a patch, but DLC you have to purchase from store)

As you can read in my previous post, this car is NOT free either.

Sooner or later, they needed to charge for this stuff I guess.

yeah i know I posted that before you last edit , I read you post when i went to the page after that and did fixed my post .

It's shame tho , with ads ( many of them ) and other stuff ( sponsors , re-releasing the game twice ) I thought they can they can afford going free life-time DLCs/patches for the game but I guess it's not that easy for them .

AMUSIX

StrikerObi said:
I'm guessing the GT Nighthawk has got to be KITT from KnightRider. The Bootlegger is probably the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. The Manthattan Spirit is probably the Ghostbuster's ECTO-1.

Seeing as the 88 Special can hover, the other cars should have special features too.
If a KITT clone is in there, the special feature will definintley be Turbo Boost...the one KITT 'power' used in the climax of every episode. Hit a button to jump anywhere.

General Lee I'm not so sure. Extra air time off of existing jumps? Indestructable?

I agree with you on ECTO-1, it just needs the siren.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sykoex said:
I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!

Also, nomatter the price, day 1. :D
This! Day fucking one! I can definitely pay 10 bucks for Criterion DLC.

Mar

I really didn't expect either of these reveals. To be honest I'm not sure how i feel about them either. They neither get me excited or bummed. I'll be buying them all regardless though just to support my favourite game of all time.

You know what car, or livery, I'd like to see in the game?

bluesmobile.jpg

I'd argue the coolest car ever featured in any movie. It was invincible, performed stunts, drove through shopping centre walls, and was as fast as a bullet.

jett

D-Member
Yeah mofos I bought this yesterday on the PSN store, been playing for a few hours today. So far, so awesome. Sense of speed is unbelievable, dare I say it trumps Wipeout HD...somehow. Right now just driving and finding shortcuts and banners to destroy is fun enough. Not sure how is not having any sort of circuits gonna hold up, but so far I'm having fun, the driving model is excellent and much improved over previous Burnouts.

Also...I think I may actually need an HDTV for this game. Not to spruce up the graphics(which are decidedly 'meh' in SD -i thought the latest patch made things better for SDTVs, sup wit dat Criterion-), but because at the speeds I'm going I sometimes can't make out SHIT in front of me. :lol

BTW, is there like an online manual somewhere? Online mode is kind of alien to me, not sure what to do there exactly.

Oh and how do I access the new DLC'd areas? Map seems surprisingly smaller than I thought.

EktorPR

Unregistered007 said:
They should work on Burnout 5 now rather than this. ... but more content is good none the less

Noooo. I refuse to let Paradise die. The amount of stuff coming is easily enough for me to not even think about a potential sequel.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Unregistered007 said:
They should work on Burnout 5 now rather than this. ... but more content is good none the less
To be honest, I can't really think of anything I want in Burnout 5 that they couldn't add to Burnout Paradise with DLC. But then again, all I really want is a destruction derby mode and a follow the leader mode. Well, I guess having explosions again would be nice.

crispyben

jett said:
BTW, is there like an online manual somewhere? Online mode is kind of alien to me, not sure what to do there exactly.

Oh and how do I access the new DLC'd areas? Map seems surprisingly smaller than I thought.
The game manuals are online here, but if you're looking for explanations of the game's online modes, you can use the FAQs at GameFAQs. That said, there are several online modes: plain Freeburn, i.e. goofing around with up to 7 other players; Freeburn events (Road Rage, Marked Man, Stunt Runs) same as offline; ranked/unranked races; timed/untimed Freeburn challenges according to the number of players. To join/create/find an online game, press right on the d-pad, then down, then right and choose the appropriate option!

There are no DLC areas (yet), but the map is just the right size for now I think. The new island will be reached using the under construction bridge to the east of Angus Wharf...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I have a problem. All i need is the 10 showtime road rules trophy for a platinum, but when i check on the pause screen, it says i already have like 30 showtime road rules. What gives?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I accidently bough this game on PSN when I was trying to find out how big the file size was. It said I had 0 dollars in my wallet. Oh well, judging by 99% of the gaming population I'm in for a great ride.

h3ro

TONX said:
I have a problem. All i need is the 10 showtime road rules trophy for a platinum, but when i check on the pause screen, it says i already have like 30 showtime road rules. What gives?

Is this a fresh save, meaning you got those 30 road rules after the Trophy patch?

If you got those before the patch, then it won't count towards the Trophy. Just move your old save file over to a USB stick or SD card then start a fresh save to get some of the trophies you're missing. When you're done, just delete the new save and bring the old one back so you have access to everything you completed originally...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
h3ro said:
Is this a fresh save, meaning you got those 30 road rules after the Trophy patch?

If you got those before the patch, then it won't count towards the Trophy. Just move your old save file over to a USB stick or SD card then start a fresh save to get some of the trophies you're missing. When you're done, just delete the new save and bring the old one back so you have access to everything you completed originally...

ok i'll try that out, thanks.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Spy said:
That's pretty dumb if those of us who already have Burnout Paradise don't get the retry option.

Those of us who already have it a) should not need the retry option and b) know why it was not added in the first place.

Success at the game both offline and online is a matter of map knowledge. A retry button is a great way of preventing people from ever learning the map in its entirety.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys I've just bought this incredible game (for an incredibile price, X360 ver. just €12,59 at BlockBuster's Italy, ie "GameRush").

Is there any FREE DLC I can download with a X360 Arcade with a 250MB cart and no Live Gold?

Cheers :)

h3ro

Dash Kappei said:
Guys I've just bought this incredible game (for an incredibile price, X360 ver. just €12,59 at BlockBuster's Italy, ie "GameRush").

Is there any FREE DLC I can download with a X360 Arcade with a 250MB cart and no Live Gold?

Sorry bud, I don't think the add-ons will fit, they are free however. You should look into picking up the discounted 20GB hard drivers MS is making available to Core/Arcade 360 owners... There is some form to fill out and they hook you up with either a 512MB card for free or a discount on a 20GB refurbished hard disk...

Dash Kappei said:

I was under the assumption that a HDD was needed to even play the game. In any case, I think all of the major DLC Criterion has released is over 250MB. I don't know if MS is doing this outside of North America, but they do have a deal where you send your console serial number and if it's an arcade you can get a cheap HD for the upcoming NXE.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks guys, I'll definitely go with the "refurbished HD deal" thing since I'm missing out on too much great stuff these days, I just dunno if I should fill up my 250 cart before applying or if with the Arcade sku I'm entitled by default and there's no need to "cheat".

Btw Peronthious, thank god I can still play offline without the HD, that I know for sure since I'm having a blast with the game :)

DuckRacer

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/14/criterion-announces-burnout-paradise-toy-cars-pack/
3029470509_eb62608edd.jpg

Another week, yet another announcement from Criterion!*

As regular readers of the blog should know – we’re really committed to keep supporting Burnout Paradise through 2009, so this week we’re so pleased to tell you about ANOTHER DLC pack that’s coming.

Two weeks ago we told you about our Burnout Paradise Party Pack – giving you great pass-the-pad party play on your sofa…

Last week we gave you the first sneak-peek of what’s coming in our Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Pack, with the amazing, hovering 88 Special…

This week, well, we think the screenshot speaks for itself – the Burnout Paradise Toy Cars Pack:

We hope you agree that we’re keeping up our promise to take Burnout Paradise into places you’d never imagined.

These Special Edition Burnout Collectibles will be coming in 2009.

Next Friday, we’ll be back to tell you about even more DLC that’s coming next year.
(And regular readers and fans – we know what DLC we’ve not talked about in a while – be patient with us, it’ll come – it’s just we’ve still got MORE to tell you that you’ve not even heard about.)

See you in 7 days!

*And, another episode of our video podcast – Crash TV (that’s now streaming on our site, as well as being on iTunes)

I'm confused...they say "collectibles" but they're DLC? doesn't make sense. Now if they'd partner with Mattel and release these as that kind of collectible, I'd be all over that. twice. one to play with and one to display.

crispyben

It's been confirmed they're DLC. I don't see how they can be of a different size, so the design is what is toy-like in them. Also, they say it's the 3rd announcement out of 6, when they only promised 4 new DLC packs... Does that mean we'll also have two free updates, Eastwood/Island and a mysterious one?

Dante

Quick question.

When you get a new license does it give you the trophy for all the other licenses ( like the ones you've already earned ) on the Ps3 version, or do you have to start a fresh game?

Also, when is that quick restart "patch" coming?

Top Bottom