• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

DrForester said:
kitler4972.jpg

Tacitus_

BigJonsson said:
OMG

This guy thinks that Hitler and his inner circle were gay, and he used gay soldiers because they were more savage:lol

And the Nazis met in a gay bar

It was almost painful to watch it, that guy was so nuts :lol :lol :lol

Heads up for those of us in Canada: The Comedy Network is pushing each episode of The Daily Show this week back by a day because they wanted to make room for a New Zealand marathon yesterday.

How smart is that?

So, if you wanna see the current episode, you're gonna have to tune into CTV at 12:05am for the rest of the week. (CTV airs it in HD, anyway.) If you don't care, you can see it the day after on Comedy or on their website.

jambo

FYI: The Daily Show is on ABC2 every night in Australia from 7.05 PM followed by The Colbert Report at 7.30 PM.

Plus it's the previous days episodes so it's only like 7 hours old!

B.K.

What the hell? They're on break AGAIN? What's the point of even watching the show when they take breaks every other week?

jambo

Yeah fuck those guys. They shouldn't ever get time off, they should do episodes 7 days a week.

Fuck it, just make a Daily Show and Colbert Report 24/7 channel and never stop, it's not like they have lives or want to spend time with their families or anything.

B.K. said:
What the hell? They're on break AGAIN? What's the point of even watching the show when they take breaks every other week?
They are off Monday.

We get episodes Tues-Thurs.

Sucks, but I don't care too much.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
jambo said:
Yeah fuck those guys. They shouldn't ever get time off, they should do episodes 7 days a week.

Fuck it, just make a Daily Show and Colbert Report 24/7 channel and never stop, it's not like they have lives or want to spend time with their families or anything.

Pre-record Jon making funny faces and gestures. Play after random foxnews clips. No one would know the difference.

Copy and paste DrForester making posts complaining about them making fun of Fox News for weeks on end. No one would know the difference.

DrForester said:
Pre-record Jon making funny faces and gestures. Play after random foxnews clips. No one would know the difference.
We get it.

You don't like the show anymore.

It doesn't matter that Fox News ratcheted up the crazy in the past two years giving Jon more then enough material to work with on them alone.

Coverage of that crazy isn't limited to Fox News, and neither are Jon's bits. They show the same level of stupid being covered by the other channels too, but they are still Fox News stories. Jon kicks the rest of the media when they run with the shit. Or create their own.

Generally there's a touch of rationality to the stuff MSNBC and CNN runs, no matter how frivolous some of it is. Fox News as a whole doesn't have rationality. It's like hour after hour of conservative talking points and fear mongering.

I'm not giving CNN and MSNBC a pass. They are shit filled tacos. But Fox News is on an entirely different level. They have the highest ratings (stupid shit for news but I digress) so they control the narrative. And so far they haven't shown any ability to do so in any kind of civic minded way.

If a Democrat is in office they want chaos and inflated controversy. Maybe even blood.

While dick riding the truly evil.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thunder Monkey said:
We get it.

You don't like the show anymore.

To be honest, I've enjoyed the show alot more since evil Stewart. More comedy about the news and not the reporting of the news. I still like parts of the show. The interviews are usually enjoyable as are some of the corespondent segments. Disliking the fox news stuff is not meant to be in any way a defense of Fox News, as for me the joke has been run into the ground at this point. It's like a catch phrase that's run its course.

DrForester said:
To be honest, I've enjoyed the show alot more since evil Stewart. More comedy about the news and not the reporting of the news. I still like parts of the show. The interviews are usually enjoyable as are some of the corespondent segments. Disliking the fox news stuff is not meant to be in any way a defense of Fox News, as for me the joke has been run into the ground at this point. It's like a catch phrase that's run its course.
As long as they say stupid shit they deserve the derision.

I don't find the joke as funny any more... but they just keep getting worse.:lol

So I can't very well ask him to stop.

Davey Cakes

I love Month of May but I never care for it in live performances for some reason.

That said, Ready to Start was great as the first choice and it sounded excellent.

Also, Win and Jon talking was hilarious. Short guy next to tall guy. Love it. :lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Blago is awesome. I live in Illinois and the guy is still telling people that he'll run for public office again. I don't know how the guy got a hung jury on 26 of 27 counts. He's just that awesome.

You don't get the nickname Hot Rod for nothing, I guess. :lol

Top Bottom