• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Never understand why they waste so much time on musical acts on The Daily Show, and on Colbert to a lesser extent. Surely nobody watches either of these shows to see a live performance? I'd rather they spent more time on current affairs as it's not like there's a lack of things to talk about.

Haven't really enjoyed this week in Texas all that much. Way too much time spent pandering to the live audience for a start, which I can't stand.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That Latinos piece was great.

I thought it was a little strange that they used the Sheriff from the county where I live, in Ohio, to talk about a piece for Austin but he made a proper ass of himself like he always does.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Never understand why they waste so much time on musical acts on The Daily Show, and on Colbert to a lesser extent. Surely nobody watches either of these shows to see a live performance? I'd rather they spent more time on current affairs as it's not like there's a lack of things to talk about.

Haven't really enjoyed this week in Texas all that much. Way too much time spent pandering to the live audience for a start, which I can't stand.

It's a promotion, so they probably get paid for it. Also a boost in the ratings perhaps by appealling to fans of the acts.

Man, I'm gonna miss Colbert so damn much. His interview last night with the Oakland politician was brilliant. Can't believe there's only a month and a bit left. :(

14 minute interview with Samantha Power last night. That's taking the piss. I know I go on about it a lot but that left only about 6 minutes for the rest of the show minus the credits and introductions.

Old man yells at cloud etc

dLMN8R

My wife and I saw Rosewater last night, at the showing where a live Q&A between Stewart, Colbert, and Bahari was broadcast from somewhere into theaters around the US.

Movie was very good, and Q&A was great too. It's weird though hearing Stewart be fully candid as an interviewee instead of the interviewer. He has a very different cadence of speech.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My wife and I saw Rosewater last night, at the showing where a live Q&A between Stewart, Colbert, and Bahari was broadcast from somewhere into theaters around the US.

Movie was very good, and Q&A was great too. It's weird though hearing Stewart be fully candid as an interviewee instead of the interviewer. He has a very different cadence of speech.

I was at the theater they were doing the interview at. The movie was excellent. I can't really say I have any complaints, it was just a very good movie.

Keasar

Catching up on The Daily Show. That Detroit water issue bit on the 17th was just so blatant corruption it is embarrassing.

Lewis Black's recent skit was great, actually can't remember the last time I saw one. Pretty much calls out Fox News for being whiny reactionary bitches.

I don't know if anyone saw it but on comedy centrals christmas thing they had colbert kinda talk out of character as colbert (he was colbert but joked about not actually being christian conservative). Its the first time I've ever seen him do that.

I know he sometimes get meta but it was really weird knowing the show is ending in a few weeks :(

Jintor

I don't know if anyone saw it but on comedy centrals christmas thing they had colbert kinda talk out of character as colbert (he was colbert but joked about not actually being christian conservative). Its the first time I've ever seen him do that.

I know he sometimes get meta but it was really weird knowing the show is ending in a few weeks :(

I've only seen probably less than five things with Colbert OOC - two interviews and a commencement speech he gave are the only things that immediately spring to mind

DietRob

I really really don't want CR to end but I kinda can't wait for that final episode. We all know it's going to be amazing.

gabbo

I really really don't want CR to end but I kinda can't wait for that final episode. We all know it's going to be amazing.

How do you think he'll die? I'm guessing an accident with Sweetness and he'll go off to meet Jesus or something outlandish like that

WillyFive

Yeah, I can't wait to see how Colbert ends it after all he's done already with the character.

He'll also need to find a way to transition the audience from his character to his real persona he'll be using in his new show.

explodet

Colbert is such a dork.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20880497_20880936,00.html#30264767
Stephen-Colbert-Gandalf-03.jpg

Stephen-Colbert-Bilbo-02.jpg

Stephen-Colbert-Legolas-01.jpg

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/12/09/stephen-colbert-hobbit-cover/

Keasar

Jordan Klepper is awesome though. From his first bit on the show I knew he was going to be good.

Klepper did a great job on this bit, I just can't believe what a total asshole the guy was. I am atheist and I would totally just say a prayer for a discount, I don't believe in the words I'm saying, why should I care?

Klepper did a great job on this bit, I just can't believe what a total asshole the guy was. I am atheist and I would totally just say a prayer for a discount, I don't believe in the words I'm saying, why should I care?

The even more ridiculous thing is that you don't even have to pray to get a discount. It seemed like a moment of silence/contemplation would do fine.

DietRob

Loved the interview tonight on Colbert.
Really annoyed me how he kept mispronouncing Smaug lol, glad he was corrected!

Yep, I'm not even a huge fan of those movies but that was the best interview I've seen on Colbert. Hilarious.

Silexx

Anyone else think that Jon and Asif were more or less directly addressing Bill Maher's comments with that first segment?

For reference:

Bill Maher ‏@billmaher 9h9 hours ago

Condemning attack is not enuf: unless U strongly endorse the right of anyone to make fun of any religion/prophet, U r not a moderate Muslim

Top Bottom