• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

B.K.

I'm glad they're finally back. That was a long three weeks. It feels more like it's been three months since they went on vacation.

Really? No one bumping this halfway through the EST airing?

The ACORN expose was presented in a way that any news organization should be proud of, albeit in a comic manner. I'm really glad they covered it.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't believe how much such a simple question stumped that Arizona lady. Their government really isn't thinking things through at all.:lol

Tamanon said:
I can't believe how much such a simple question stumped that Arizona lady. Their government really isn't thinking things through at all.:lol
I really don't like how NY has handled the budget cuts, but doing something that stupid is just laughable. :lol

God dammit I missed Jon again tonight.... It takes way too fucking long for TDS shows to go online.

Guess I can catch the 10:30PST encore.... FUCK!

Milabrega

The Arizona skit was great. The falling clock and falling through the chair was excellent. That official was embarrassing when she couldn't answer the question. Matt Damon is great at interviews.

Ricky Gervais is tomorrow's guest. Thursday's guest is Big Bill Clinton! That means Blagovich is next week right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can't for Thursday's daily show, Bill Clinton!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Milabrega said:
Damn this a really informative Colbert Report.

I generally love his Word segments, but this one was really really good. And funny of course.

B.K.

KTallguy said:
Man I was going insane without it. Thank fucking god it's back.

I know. It feels like they've been gone three months instead of three weeks. I didn't know if I could take any more Conan.

What, Milabrega is the only other poster tuning in tonight? You were all so crushed when they went on break!

Colbert's killing it right now. I loved the Shaq call-out. That poster!

182hrr.jpg

"FUN!" :lol

Movie poster quotes have become much longer since then (yet incredibly similar in substance).

"THE LAUGHS START SOON!"

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting so much in a row (how much lower can I go, anyway, right?) but I just have to mention that The Flaming Lips just fucking slayed the entire Colbert studio. That song was fucking amazing.

Lelielle

I have been enjoying Colbert's show a lot more than the Daily Show as of late, I realize they are different concepts but Colbert's humor just strikes me as being way smarter (reminds me a bit of britcom stuff too) really scathing satire too "The Word" usually drives the point home like a laser beam. So glad the holiday is over I was starting to have withdrawal ..maybe Prescott Pharma makes pills for that....on second thought maybe not, I could do without subcutaneous funyuns.

Tieno

Just saw the ep with Ricky Gervais. Hilarioius, Jon and Ricky are great together, he's a great facilitator for Ricky. Too bad Ricky didn't continue on his Karl Pilkington talk. Still, hilarious, especially the bit about fat people.

I don't watch this show enough. Whenever I stumble across it I watch and enjoy, but I never seek it out.

This thread has caused me to put it on my DVR record list.

spliced

Jon needs to tone down the celebrity sucking up. That Ricky Jerkface interview was like watching a show with a ridiculously over the top laugh track.

DMczaf

trineo_feo said:
No one says anything about the Clinton interview?

It was awesome when he made a Die Another Day reference. I'm sure Solo is proud that a US President calls out Bond....and uses the worst movie in the 40+ year series :lol

trineo_feo said:
I loved when Stewart said "Let's talk about your other job as Batman", and Clinton just nodded like "sounds about right" :lol

What was that line about John Oliver being a hack that Jon made or something, and Bill Clinton effectively agreed with him? I could be way off but Jon said something disparaging about Oliver and Clinton agreed. :lol I love Jon's laugh when something like that happens with a guest. Jon losing himself in laughter makes this boy smile.

Tamanon

Banned
FleckSplat said:
Why the hell did they re-air last week's episode? Isn't three weeks enough?

Emmy's. New episode tonight. Jon's got Vali Nasr and Colber has Shai Agassi, Better Place CEO.

Top Bottom