• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Pimpwerx

Loved how Jon just got Gretchen Carlson or whatever from that Fox News show for acting like a dumb blonde. She was top of her class in high school, went to Stanford, attended Oxford and won Miss American Pageant playing some classical piece on the violin. The chick embodies "cosmopolitan, intellectual elite". It's so funny to see someone get burned for acting dumb by pointing out how smart they actually are. Her act is tedious, and I've only seen her in TDS and Olberman clips. PEACE.

Shiggie

whytemyke said:
I saw him here in Chicago and he was incredible.
The bugle podcast.

the-bugle.jpg

Funny, funny, funny stuff.

Milabrega

Pimpwerx said:
Loved how Jon just got Gretchen Carlson or whatever from that Fox News show for acting like a dumb blonde. She was top of her class in high school, went to Stanford, attended Oxford and won Miss American Pageant playing some classical piece on the violin. The chick embodies "cosmopolitan, intellectual elite". It's so funny to see someone get burned for acting dumb by pointing out how smart they actually are. Her act is tedious, and I've only seen her in TDS and Olberman clips. PEACE.

Yeah that was a Cramer-esq call out.

phalestine said:
Is it just me or did Huckabee gain some weight?

Yeah he got thick.

This Conservapedia guy on Colbert is a complete tool. Colbert is kind of dropping from his character and going on the offensive.

Conservapedia is down for at the moment, they must have anticipated a Colbert Nation take over.

MrDaravon

Thomper said:
Nah, Jon Stewart just parodied Glenn Beck's style of crazy conspiracies:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-5-2009/the-11-3-project (if that link doesn't work, go to the frontpage and watch the 11/3 project video.

It's great, but I can't help but think that Colbert probably would've acted it out slightly better. :lol

I know this is super old, but I just saw this and this is seriously the best thing I've ever seen on the Daily Show.

Socreges

Banned
B.K. said:
Yes. He was in Vancouver tonight and will probably be there all week.
Well, he recorded the segments here last Wednesday and Thursday. So I'm not sure if he's still in the city and if they've filmed enough to go all week.

But good to know.

Firestorm

B.K. said:
Yes. He was in Vancouver tonight and will probably be there all week.
It's his stuff from Wednesday and Thursday last week. It's not really "Live" from Vancouver =P I don't see Buble or the 80s Miracle on Ice captain in the lineup though?

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=75cc4c98-b5e9-4e8f-a504-5560c05acacc
The Colbert Report: Live From Vancouver 2010

2/22: Shaun White
2/23: Lindsey Vonn, Bob Costas
2/24: Scott Hamilton, Seth Wescott
2/25: Jeret Peterson, Ryan St. Onge
I wasn't there the second day, but I'm pretty sure Shaun White wasn't there so I guess he did more tapings.

B.K. said:
This guy looks like he's getting pissed at Colbert. :lol
Haven't seen it yet, but was it the part with Ujjal Dosanjh? Did he put the caste question on air? :lol

Thomper

Firestorm said:
It's his stuff from Wednesday and Thursday last week. It's not really "Live" from Vancouver =P I don't see Buble or the 80s Miracle on Ice captain in the lineup though?

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=75cc4c98-b5e9-4e8f-a504-5560c05acacc
I wasn't there the second day, but I'm pretty sure Shaun White wasn't there so I guess he did more tapings.

Haven't seen it yet, but was it the part with Ujjal Dosanjh? Did he put the caste question on air? :lol
Shaun White was with Stephen in New York (though they've redecorated Colbert's set to pretend it's also in Vancouver). And yes, the caste question was in. :lol

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I thought that Rocky was the only one who could get a Russian crowd to chant USA. Rocky is Colbert, Colbert is Rocky. We should have sent him to end the Cold War.

anaron

Thomper said:
Shaun White was with Stephen in New York (though they've redecorated Colbert's set to pretend it's also in Vancouver). And yes, the caste question was in. :lol
It was so incredibly hilarious/awkward being in the audience for that. :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ezduo said:
This is the funniest thing I think I've ever seen on The Daily Show.
Seriously, I'm in tears here. :lol

Like a dozen news personalities doing cameos.

Olbermann and Jason Jones :lol :lol :lol

I need a drink of water.

Pimpwerx

Yup. Chat roulette had me rolling. Definitely one of the best segments they've ever done. Glad Olbermann was on there. Was only missing someone from Fox to make it perfect. PEACE.

The guy John Stewart interviewed who wrote the book saying Liz Cheny is right and the Al Queda 7 are wrong was an absolute douche. John gave him ample time to make his point. John should have bitch slapped him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
yankeeforever2 said:
I thought he did alright to hold his own but you see he was pissed because Jon countered all his points and got pissed he lost.
Yeah, and then he went "I'M NOT BEING TREATED FAIRLY"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Courting Disaster author interview is hilarious.

I just wish I didn't live in shitty shitty Canada and could actually watch the full interview, because I don't see how he could actually pull himself out of the gutter by defending the attacks against the "Al Queada 7".

I'm sure if I called John Woo a member of the war crimes cabal he wouldn't like it much either. :lol

Top Bottom