• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

dream

I bought one today, an Aspire one and some low nicotine juice. I'm trying to quit smoking and haven't used a cigarette since I picked it up this evening. So far so good.

I didn't do a lot of research, hopefully the one I got it good.

Aspire stuff is generally pretty good, so you should be set with whatever you have. Beyond that, the only thing I can really offer is to keep at it. There may be times when vaping isn't scratching the exact same itch as smoking (for me, it was after meals), but trust in the nic that you're getting, and you'll get over that hump if it arises.

MercuryLS

Banned
Aspire stuff is generally pretty good, so you should be set with whatever you have. Beyond that, the only thing I can really offer is to keep at it. There may be times when vaping isn't scratching the exact same itch as smoking (for me, it was after meals), but trust in the nic that you're getting, and you'll get over that hump if it arises.

My issue is that I like it so much I want to puff on it constantly. I need to force myself to have designated vaping breaks. It doesn't help that I can vape inside my house.

dream

My issue is that I like it so much I want to puff on it constantly. I need to force myself to have designated vaping breaks. It doesn't help that I can vape inside my house.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm vaping far more than I ever smoked. If you want to make an effort to not vape constantly, jumping up to a higher nic level might help.

MercuryLS

Banned
I know exactly what you mean. I'm vaping far more than I ever smoked. If you want to make an effort to not vape constantly, jumping up to a higher nic level might help.

Yeah I might do that, the juice I have is 6mg. Might have to trying a higher dosage, or maybe I'll just force myself to limit my vaping and stick with this mg dosage. I'm hoping to switch to nicotine free juice in the future and hopefully stop altogether at some point.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I am picking up keys on Friday to a retail space directly across the street from the biggest mall in the Cincinnati area....

OMG.... I'm actually doing this.

UMGAWA

snow wolf 200w (a little over budget)
sigelei 150w (no temp control)
ipv mini 2 (75w, no temp control)

These three have taken my interest.
I have no interest in running lower than .3ohm and enjoy a cooler airy vape so would the snow and segelei be overkill power wise?
Temp control is only new so I could wait till a newer set of mods are released I suppose, they can only get better?

I picked up one of the Kanger Subox kits whilst I'm here stateside. This thing is great.

Looking at the tank itself though I can kind of see some air bubbles forming between the glass at the tank casing. I'm slightly concerned that it might start leaking.

Any tips for making sure this thing doesn't leak?

I picked up one of the Kanger Subox kits whilst I'm here stateside. This thing is great.

Looking at the tank itself though I can kind of see some air bubbles forming between the glass at the tank casing. I'm slightly concerned that it might start leaking.

Any tips for making sure this thing doesn't leak?

I wouldn't worry about it. I've had my Subtank mini just over 2 weeks now and haven't had any issues with leaking.

Rizific

These three have taken my interest.
I have no interest in running lower than .3ohm and enjoy a cooler airy vape so would the snow and segelei be overkill power wise?
Temp control is only new so I could wait till a newer set of mods are released I suppose, they can only get better?

id say a cooler and airy vape has more to do with the atomizers airflow control more so than the device powering it. but as for overkill? yeah you could say that. myself, i never go over 60-70w. if i were to get a dual battery box mod, it wouldnt be for the extra wattage. it would definitely be for the advantage in battery life over a single battery mod. although i much prefer the form factor of single battery devices. so yeah its overkill, the power is there if you want it but you dont have to take it that high if you dont want too.

edit: VapnFagan just released a first look video on the new Sigelei 150w and 75w temp control mods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxBKgjyUB5I

These sub-ohm coils seem pretty neat much more flavour however the first few hits seem harsher. I guess it just takes a little while to get it to the right temperature.

UMGAWA

id say a cooler and airy vape has more to do with the atomizers airflow control more so than the device powering it. but as for overkill?

Yes,indeed.

Thanks for the advice, watched a few reviews of all three. I think the ipv mini seems more aesthetically pleasing and I'm not overly concerned about having to carry a second battery if need be so it looks like a winner.

These sub-ohm coils seem pretty neat much more flavour however the first few hits seem harsher. I guess it just takes a little while to get it to the right temperature.
What nicotine level are you using? With my old eGo setup, I was happily using 24 mg. Since I got a regulated mod with a subtank mini, I've found that 24 mg. was way too harsh. I switched to 6 mg and it's a lot better.

Rizific

Yes,indeed.

Thanks for the advice, watched a few reviews of all three. I think the ipv mini seems more aesthetically pleasing and I'm not overly concerned about having to carry a second battery if need be so it looks like a winner.

are you looking at the ipv mini 2 or the ipv d2? id probably go for sigeleis vr or the ipv d2 over the ipv mini 2. i had an ipv mini 2 and while it wasnt exactly a bad mod, it felt cheap and got hot easily. personally, id go sigelei over p4u any day.

dream

I like to think that I'm a pretty good builder, but my inability to wick the Subtank Mini RBA Plus to handle 80/20 juice is making me question that.

That said, 1 week later, I am absolutely loving these:

123_60ae05ad-b32b-43c3-8168-e9ab0170049b_grande.jpg

At $60 for 180ml, the value is just unbeatable, and the flavors are fantastic.

spyder_ur

I like to think that I'm a pretty good builder, but my inability to wick the Subtank Mini RBA Plus to handle 80/20 juice is making me question that.

That said, 1 week later, I am absolutely loving these:

123_60ae05ad-b32b-43c3-8168-e9ab0170049b_grande.jpg

Can I ask where those are from? Always love trying new vendors.

The original subtank mini RBA has some pretty tiny juice channels. There are videos on modding them to wick better with thicker juices. The newer version of the RBA section has big holes for wicking instead of the tiny juice channels.

dream

The original subtank mini RBA has some pretty tiny juice channels. There are videos on modding them to wick better with thicker juices. The newer version of the RBA section has big holes for wicking instead of the tiny juice channels.

Yeah, I'm using the new RBA deck. I'm finding that I'm either using too little cotton, causing it to leak everywhere, or I'm using so much that it can't keep up with this thick juice.

UMGAWA

are you looking at the ipv mini 2 or the ipv d2? id probably go for sigeleis vr or the ipv d2 over the ipv mini 2. i had an ipv mini 2 and while it wasnt exactly a bad mod, it felt cheap and got hot easily. personally, id go sigelei over p4u any day.

Mini 2.

In what way did it get hot? The battery cap?
What's the sigelei vr? All I can find is a limited edition 150w with a oni printed on the side.

Rizific

Mini 2.

In what way did it get hot? The battery cap?
What's the sigelei vr? All I can find is a limited edition 150w with a oni printed on the side.

it got hot as in the whole mod got hot after a few chain hits. would happen when im sampling juice at a juice bar. happens to any mod really, but this would get uncomfortably hot. the overall quality of pioneer4you's products in general turn me off of their stuff as well. here is the sigelei vr 75w
Sigelei_75W_Box_Mod_Temperature_Control.jpg

and the similarly spec'ed ipv d2
2015-genuine-ipv-d2-75w-box-mod-ipvd2-temp.jpg

UMGAWA

it got hot as in the whole mod got hot after a few chain hits. would happen when im sampling juice at a juice bar. happens to any mod really, but this would get uncomfortably hot. the overall quality of pioneer4you's products in general turn me off of their stuff as well. here is the sigelei vr 75w

Well that isn't terribly worrying IMO. Rarely chain vape and local vape shop supplies a I stick 50 for use so you only have to swap your drip tip.
Think I'm gonna grab the mini 2 and order the vr75 once it hits shelfs here in Australia.

Best of both worlds.

Pete Rock

Scooped one of each flavor in 3mg and used a coupon code they posted on their FB page for a free ego kit, if they still have those in stock I will gift it to one of my smoker friends, if not no big deal to me. I thought I was done blindly ordering juices, but the price point is too sweet to pass on and all the reviews I've seen are positive. Good looking out, excited to try give these a spin, will report back next week.

Scooped one of each flavor in 3mg and used a coupon code they posted on their FB page for a free ego kit, if they still have those in stock I will gift it to one of my smoker friends, if not no big deal to me. I thought I was done blindly ordering juices, but the price point is too sweet to pass on and all the reviews I've seen are positive. Good looking out, excited to try give these a spin, will report back next week.
I went ahead and ordered one of each as well. Both flavours seem to be well reviewed. I wish I knew about the coupon code before I ordered, but oh well.

dream

Gotta warn you guys though, both Muffin Man and Milk Man will wreak havoc on your coils. I'm rewicking once a day and rebuilding every other day.

Radec

I'm loving this Pineapple and Rootbeer juices. Still adjusting on tobacco flavor.

Yeah, I'm using the new RBA deck. I'm finding that I'm either using too little cotton, causing it to leak everywhere, or I'm using so much that it can't keep up with this thick juice.

That's my first impression on the RBA as well. Just make the cotton go outside of those 2 holes. If there's still spitting, add a bit of cotton. Just don't compress them too much.

What nicotine level are you using? With my old eGo setup, I was happily using 24 mg. Since I got a regulated mod with a subtank mini, I've found that 24 mg. was way too harsh. I switched to 6 mg and it's a lot better.
I picked up 6mg bottles after making the switch yeah. Seems like the sweet spot.

DietRob

We got ghetto 'business cards' more like twitter follow us cards for the vape shop. I'm bout to share some pictures of what the décor will be like now. Give a follow if you want to see me build my shop.

pBSIJij.jpg

I have this statue in storage. It's about 3 foot tall and looks sorta like a vape cloud.

spyder_ur

What is everyone's go to US hardware vendor, based on price and reasonable shipping times? I need to restock, primarily on Nautilus BVC and Protank coils.

DietRob

Followed, have you got a timeframe on when the grand opening will be?

We are hoping for September. Absolutely has to be done by October for holiday shopping. There are millions of people that shop at Tri-County Mall during the holidays. This holiday season is how we make our mark and get this thing moving!

Thanks for the follow! I posted a new pic today and I'll keep posting more as the development of the store continues. I'll give you a preview of some of the decor I'm shooting for.
nKJiRpx.png

I'm hoping to get that table to sit the statue in the business card on.

myvaporstore.com

What is everyone's go to US hardware vendor, based on price and reasonable shipping times? I need to restock, primarily on Nautilus BVC and Protank coils.
Soon to be EveryBuddyVapes. :)
In fact I have those coils on order right now. Just waiting for them.

I'm hoping to have a friend build me an eCommerce website. I will obviously cut major deals to my fellow GAF community. If I don't have what you want tell me and I'll get it for you.

For those of you using the Kanger Subtank mini with the 0.5 OOC coils have you noticed that the first 5-10 hits are super harsh until things get hotter.

Any tips for getting around that? It's fucking my throat up.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
For those of you using the Kanger Subtank mini with the 0.5 OOC coils have you noticed that the first 5-10 hits are super harsh until things get hotter.

I don't have that particular tank, but generally, it means that the wick isn't completely saturated. Usually, the fix is to either let the tank sit longer before you hit it so the juice absorbs or to do some "dry pulls" or both.

I don't have that particular tank, but generally, it means that the wick isn't completely saturated. Usually, the fix is to either let the tank sit longer before you hit it so the juice absorbs or to do some "dry pulls" or both.
I'm preping the wick with juice as normal. This tends to be after it has been left standing for a while as well with some juice in already. I noticed it likes to spit a fair bit till it gets hot as well.

DietRob

I'm preping the wick with juice as normal. This tends to be after it has been left standing for a while as well with some juice in already. I noticed it likes to spit a fair bit till it gets hot as well.

When it's been sitting hold the power button down for a good 4 seconds without hitting it. Then do it again for a second or two. Then no more nasty hits. At least for me and my subox mini.

UMGAWA

We are hoping for September.
I'm hoping to have a friend build me an eCommerce website. I will obviously cut major deals to my fellow GAF community. If I don't have what you want tell me and I'll get it for you.

Awesome!
Hopefully the Aussie dollar will resurface as I'm looking to make a order around then for some gear.

What nic level? Vg?
Max I run is 6mg, primed coils and let is sit for a few minutes then several dry pulls and it's super smooth from then on.

spyder_ur

myvaporstore.com

Yup that's one of my go-tos and is always solid - was just seeing what people were using.

We are hoping for September. Absolutely has to be done by October for holiday shopping. There are millions of people that shop at Tri-County Mall during the holidays. This holiday season is how we make our mark and get this thing moving!

Thanks for the follow! I posted a new pic today and I'll keep posting more as the development of the store continues. I'll give you a preview of some of the decor I'm shooting for.
nKJiRpx.png

I'm hoping to get that table to sit the statue in the business card on.

Soon to be EveryBuddyVapes. :)
In fact I have those coils on order right now. Just waiting for them.

Looking forward to checking it out once it launches.

spyder_ur

I am considering getting a high Wattage device. Is the iStick 50W safe - I've heard reports of it exploding but I've been very happy with my 30W iStick, with the exception of the threads now being shot.

Also, I am considering getting one of the subohm/rebuildable tanks - I hit the Kanger Subtank and it was pretty impressive. I haven't gotten into rebuildables at all and don't really know where to start. Any thoughts? I could get the iStick 50W and a Subtank mini for $65.

How is the KBox - very cheap on MVS.

DietRob

I am considering getting a high Wattage device. Is the iStick 50W safe - I've heard reports of it exploding but I've been very happy with my 30W iStick, with the exception of the threads now being shot.

Also, I am considering getting one of the subohm/rebuildable tanks - I hit the Kanger Subtank and it was pretty impressive. I haven't gotten into rebuildables at all and don't really know where to start. Any thoughts? I could get the iStick 50W and a Subtank mini for $65.

How is the KBox - very cheap on MVS.

Get a kranger subox mini. I dunked it in my pool with the battery in it. Took it apart let it all air dry 24 hours and good as new.... They are safe.

Just got my aspire mini cf vv+ premium kit. Anything I should be looking for? Like mods and maintenance stuff for it. Also is the ecig totally modable? New to this. Just bought some beard 18mg nicotine with cheesecake flavor. Feels good.

Husker86

I've been using ecigs for a few years now, but haven't really been keeping up on information online. I make my own liquid and have an eCom-C Twist battery with a Kanger ProTank 2.

My problem is that my setup doesn't seem to pass flavor through very well. I've even bought some liquid locally (to rule out that my homemade stuff just doesn't have good flavor) and I basically can barely tell it's flavored. I've taken hits off of other people's setups and flavor explodes from them.

Is it my tank? Before that I had EVOD tanks and experienced that same thing.

I use 1.8 or 2.2 ohm coils and usually have my battery at or near its lowest setting (3.5 watts?). Is that the cause?

Rizific

I've been using ecigs for a few years now, but haven't really been keeping up on information online. I make my own liquid and have an eCom-C Twist battery with a Kanger ProTank 2.

My problem is that my setup doesn't seem to pass flavor through very well. I've even bought some liquid locally (to rule out that my homemade stuff just doesn't have good flavor) and I basically can barely tell it's flavored. I've taken hits off of other people's setups and flavor explodes from them.

I use 1.8 or 2.2 ohm coils and usually have my battery at or near its lowest setting (3.5 watts?). Is that the cause?
what kind of set ups were those other people using that provided better flavor?

dream

_1fc96a81e48de35e8372639caef2cd11ae6f099f2ee45d6a1e_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

So I grabbed a Velocity (the Tobeco clone) yesterday, but didn't get around to building it until today. Did a quick build--8 wraps of 23 gauge--and after my first pull, I thought "shit, this is as good as my Dark Horse." After the second, I decided that it's the best RDA I've ever used.

The 2 post design is fantastic. Your coils are pretty much auto-centered once you tighten down the hex screws. The post holes are also massive. Since it's a two post design, each coil in a dual coil build gets its own post. So if you're building with nickel or titanium, you can put those really long temp control coils in this thing without a problem. This also means you could potentially do an insane dual clapton build, like this guy did:

11084636_1397468507245300_845583159_n.jpg

The airflow settings are incredible too. I used to think that the Dark Horse was the best for airflow settings, but the Velocity is just better. You can open up the direct airflow (the slots that go directly over your coils) as wide or as narrow as you want, depending on whether you want clouds or flavor. But the six little dots above the direct airflow (that makes the dripper look like a South Park Canadian) works as indirect airflow. Why is this good? Because the huge post holes and deep juice wells almost beg for low ohm builds fired at high wattages, so the indirect intakes brings in air to cool down the vapor as you pull it up.

I picked mine up locally, but eciggity has it for $20. Fasttech has some for $10, but I can't speak to the quality of those. My Tobeco clone is great though--the machining is perfect, the insulator looks like PEEK, and there wasn't a hint of machine oil on it.

I'd recommend this to anyone who drips. I can't imagine how RDAs could get any better than this.

Husker86

what kind of set ups were those other people using that provided better flavor?
That would have been a good thing to find out haha.

I don't know, but they had big batteries. One of them I know would not be someone who researches a lot and do his own tweaking, so its definitely an off the shelf setup from a local place, albeit a pricey one I assume. I'll ask him, but I bet he doesn't even know what to tell me.

That looks like a really nice RDA, dream. It looks and sounds pretty sweet, aside from the lack of single coil airflow option. I also like the smiley face design for the airflow.

I just ordered my first RDA from fasttech about a week ago. I got a Revolt clone because I love the look and it's got some rave reviews. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Tobeco Velocity clone though, in case I ever want to do some crazy dual coil builds.

3.5 watts is nothing for a 1.8+ dual coil. Unless you mean volts. I'd go 4-4.5 volts or 10-12.5 watts. I think a none-expensive nor complicated upgrade would be an eLeaf iStick with an Aspire Nautilus mini. The Aspire will boost the flavours (and the heads last twice as long as Kangers) and the iStick will give you much better battery life and power flexibility. Unless you want to dive straight into RDA's, mods, subohm and the like.

Muffin Man and Milk Man juices arrived today. Those slim bottles that come with it are tricky to fill with the nozzle they give you for the big bottle. I may be doing it wrong. Maybe it'd be easier to fill them by squeezing air out and then letting it suck up the juice.

I haven't tried the Milk Man yet, but I'm really liking the Muffin Man so far. It has a nice apple cinnamon muffin taste. It's sweet, but not too sweet.

Top Bottom