• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Amir0x

Banned
definitely holds up pretty well for a game state as of December 2008. Definitely the best looking RPG of all time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
He either sucks at using the software or has a shitty equipment.

Still, game looks incredible.

Amir0x

Banned
every time i see an enemy on the field instead of randomly triggering, God gives another angel its wings.

you go FFXIII, you go

Did I just see him take on an enemy standing right next to two other enemies?

Seems like he just selected one and there was no aggro or anything. Did he have a chance to group them?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, he's getting good at the battles. They are starting to look cinematic and chaotic.

Seems like he just selected one and there was no aggro or anything. Did he have a chance to group them?

There was a "warning!" aggro popping up above their heads. I think they started to follow him and he attacked the group.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
battle transitions are fucking spot on. bravo square, bravo

Somnia

090415-104603-1280x720p-000216.jpg

090415-104420-1280x720p-000222.jpg

This is reminding me of metal gear solid 4, the way things are blowing up everywhere and those aircraft come and just zoom by, very impressive. This seems like an awsome demo.

Y2Kev said:
There was a "warning!" aggro popping up above their heads. I think they started to follow him and he attacked the group.

Hmm, didn't see that. Looked like he walked up to a group.

So there was a way to bring the group in? Sort of how like Blue Dragon did it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Battle transition and execution of battle system feel tight. I can tell I will like this already. Music has a hauntingly good vibe.

Boss Man

Oh man, I'm really liking the look of the battle system. I was afraid of the FFXII comparisons that I've heard.

Amir0x

Banned
R Squared said:
I kinda like that it's a nice mix of the X and XII systems. :/

Seems more like FFX-2 + Advent Children stupidity. FFX-2 had a great battle system, and of course what makes me happy is the enemies on the screen. I hate random battles more than anything in RPGs, so it's nice that this won't have it.

I hate the fucking Advent Children action though. Seriously so dumb. Ah well.

Feep

Banned
God, I shouldn't be watching this. It's just making the wait for much harder.

This and TWEWY have reaffirmed my love of SE.

Edit: The battle system needs a better visual indication of when a enemy dies in mid-air, if this happens, the battle ends very abruptly...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Too bad the feed is choppy for me. Guess I'll have to see it in true form later with vids.

Kinda sad that party members dont show up on the field it seems.

Also dear lord that chat is insipid. May everyone in it burn.

Battle music is alright

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
HK-47 said:
Too bad the feed is choppy for me. Guess I'll have to see it in true form later with vids.

Kinda sad that party members dont show up on the field it seems.

Also dear lord that chat is insipid. May everyone in it burn.

Battle music is alright

The chat is disabled for me.

MechaX

Amir0x said:
Seems more like FFX-2 + Advent Children stupidity. FFX-2 had a great battle system, and of course what makes me happy is the enemies on the screen. I hate random battles more than anything in RPGs, so it's nice that this won't have it.

I hate the fucking Advent Children action though. Seriously so dumb. Ah well.

Advent Children action? Besides the launcher (Which is pretty tame in comparison, more akin to Grandia III's Aerial Finishers), this is a far cry from the Advent Children "fly-around-wielding-oversized-swords-cutting-buildings" action.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I never realized how fucking awesome Lightning's character design is until now.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
charsace said:
Wish the battle system would have went fully realtime.
I'm glad it didn't. Real-time systems can't match the depth of pausable/turn-based systems, and they're not nearly as good for showing off graphics.

Amir0x said:
Afrochoco character running along the top was kinda lol.

Advent Children-esque action = -_-

Music when it kicked up a notch = :D, though it's the same from that one trailer

Same here. But if this is the basic battle system, then I shudder to think of what over-the-top, gravity and logic defying shenanigans will take place with the full system.

I like how the encounters are handled more like Chrono Trigger's. Probably the best way to do it. Although...they do seem to get in your way like in Lunar.

Top Bottom