• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Dragon

Banned
jett said:
Lightning's "cut-scene" model is a far cry from Squeenix's now apparent bullshots...

I know I can tell everything from screens broadcast on the internet in less than full resolution!

Somnia

Gonna post a few more pics, but he is uploading all of them to here http://esegk.com/ff13demo.cgi

090415-110718-1280x720p-boss.jpg

090415-111153-1280x720p-snow.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
I gotta say this level design is sooo boring, I know of course it'll change up in the game but I hope it's not just long corridor traveling ala FFX again. This demo is nothing but one, long straight corridor with a cool-looking background so far, extremely reminiscent of the Zanarkland thing in FFX.

Amir0x said:
Yeah but... you know how in some games before a character 'officially' joins your group, he'll run along beside the character during an important scene or introduction bit? I was wondering if this was just like that or if all characters would be viewable on the field.

I don't think Square has said anything officially about that. But it seems like they want the world to feel more alive this time, so it'd make sense for them to always be visible.

jett

D-Member
Graphical nitpicks aside I'm disappointed that the game shifts to a "battle backdrop" instead of being Chrono Trigger-like...

Top Bottom