• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Feep

Banned
He broke her magic grav powers! She said something like "there's no time", and then "we have no choice, huh?"

I don't speak much Japanese...

rataven

It's finally beginning to make sense as to why this game is taking forever to get out.

And Lightning is a badass. I love her.

Amir0x said:
Seems more like FFX-2 + Advent Children stupidity. FFX-2 had a great battle system, and of course what makes me happy is the enemies on the screen. I hate random battles more than anything in RPGs, so it's nice that this won't have it.

I hate the fucking Advent Children action though. Seriously so dumb. Ah well.
Yeah, that's what I meant X/X-2 in battle, but the battles themselves not being random, Like in XII. Also helps that the load time from real world to *skwoosh* world isn't terribly long.

And for the most part AC's action was alright for what it was (Dragon Ball Z+The Matrix+crack). If you're into that sort of thing. :/

charsace

MechaX said:
Advent Children action? Besides the launcher (Which is pretty tame in comparison, more akin to Grandia III's Aerial Finishers), this is a far cry from the Advent Children "fly-around-wielding-oversized-swords-cutting-buildings" action.
I could see the battles looking like AC after someone learns how to play the game. Not hard to imagine massive tag team juggles taking place.

I was hoping for smoother transitions into battle. It's not that the loading times aren't quick, but with the camera cutaway and then the characters all popping into place, it feels less seamless.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sazh is always on the field he just walks around instead of standing right behind Lightning like in other games.

I don't understand. Is this just for the scene, or do all characters in the game do this? Or is it just Sazh? And why is Sazh unique? And what do you mean he walks around, like he has a random path he takes (which would be cool, it's always so lame your team following around single file :lol)?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The art and design looks top notch. This is totally delivering for my expectations and running good too. Minus the lag of the connection.

Boss fight right now, the boss music sounds very Sakimoto with lots of instruments, and a nice melody. It does go real weird with all the piano parts, it's a strange boss theme, I guess it's ok it sounds a little too happy though..

And Amirox, I don't know why you don't want Advent Children action, I think this looks fantastic, what kind of action do you want?

Amir0x said:
I don't understand. Is this just for the scene, or do all characters in the game do this? Or is it just Sazh? And why is Sazh unique? And what do you mean he walks around, like he has a random path he takes (which would be cool, it's always so lame your team following around single file :lol)?

Whenever this guy has been standing still and moving the camera you can see Sazh walking around. And some times when he's running Sazh is running in front of Lightning.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Whenever this guy has been standing still and moving the camera you can see Sazh walking around. And some times when he's running Sazh is running in front of Lightning.

Yeah but... you know how in some games before a character 'officially' joins your group, he'll run along beside the character during an important scene or introduction bit? I was wondering if this was just like that or if all characters would be viewable on the field.

Top Bottom