• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I don't think Square has said anything officially about that. But it seems like they want the world to feel more alive this time, so it'd make sense for them to always be visible.

More alive than, what, FF's before FFXII?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MechaX said:
Advent Children action? Besides the launcher (Which is pretty tame in comparison, more akin to Grandia III's Aerial Finishers), this is a far cry from the Advent Children "fly-around-wielding-oversized-swords-cutting-buildings" action.

Yeah i dont get what he is going on about, and I loathe AC

_RT_

Just have to ask a couple dumb questions as I haven't really been following the FF love lately.

1) This is a demo available for download?

2) It's $60?

It's insane. I've been playing Phantasy Star 2 on the Wii a bit lately and looking at this streaming video.... I'm like wooooaaaahhh.

I tried to play Final Fantasy 10. Just never got into it. Didn't even tough the next ones.
I can't believe how good these things look now. It's INSANE.

I miss having time to put into a RPG. Those were the days. lol

burgerdog

Something feels odd about Snow's last attack, I feel like he should lunge forward instead of just standing there. Would give it more ooooooooomph.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, I'm about to head out, but the most significant complaint I have is that the level design in the demo is lazy crap, with really neat backgrounds. My biggest fear was that from the past two Final Fantasy titles, which have had expansive worlds which really began to recapture the feeling of exploration lacking from modern FF titles, we would return to FFX-like level design. A very long, generally connected corridor with extremely view divergent paths. The backgrounds were always pretty, but the actually going through the dungeons was kinda [SUPER FUCKING] boring.

Since I only have this demo to judge by it's "too early to tell" how significant it will be throughout the game, but this level is so much like Zanarkland part of FFX that it's hard not to be a little worried about it.

+ Enemies on the screen
+ Visuals
+ Music
+/- Battle System

- Long Corridor Level Design ZZZZ
- Advent Children inspired action

inner-G

Banned
This shit is ridiculous awesome.

And damn this thread moves! I went to kinko's on pg. 11 and got back on pg. 15 :lol

kinggroin

Banned
hooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit talk about dragging things out.

This is bar none, my favorite game series of all time, but I gotta say, this stretch of endless futuristic road is getting pretty boring to look at now. Scene change please.

Hell, even the battle music is getting I'm on my nerves now.

can we import this?

Zilch

Banned
Poor Ami, he's built up his "OMG AC-like action" argument for years and now that the game has -- by any rational person's account -- very standard FF-like action, he's gone all delusional. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Osaka whore and flamehead look as retarded as ever. Shame, Osaka wouldnt look so bad if her outfit wasnt 7 kinds of retarded

Amir0x

Banned
Zilch said:
Poor Ami, he's built up his "OMG AC-like action" argument for years and now that the game has -- by any rational person's account -- very standard FF-like action, he's gone all delusional. :lol

"Very standard FF-like action" has become, sadly for Final Fantasy, Advent Children esque.

Unfortunately for you, as we see from the juggling flying gravity defying bullshit during cutscenes and occasionally in battle, it makes your failure of a joke even more of an epic failure.

jeremy1456

I'm impressed with the FFXIII footage I saw.

For some reason the rocket launchers and cars in the FFVersus video kinda bother me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what's the deal with Versus?

I had to stop watching, bandwidth cap nearly maxed out and all that jazz.

Zilch

Banned
Amir0x said:
"Very standard FF-like action" has become, sadly for Final Fantasy, Advent Children esque.

Unfortunately for you, as we see from the juggling flying gravity defying bullshit during cutscenes and occasionally in battle, it makes your failure of a joke even more of an epic failure.

You're ridiculous.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FtsH said:
why complaining about level design at this point? and it's a RPG, not action-adventure anyway.

Apparently the whole game takes place on that bridge and it last 85 hours.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm also getting tired of this advent children style design.

A nice change in art style would be great. Maybe even have amano go at it again.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
If the entire demo takes place on this futuristic road I won't feel bad for not importing it

i was due to get the demo tonight/tomorrow but i'm wondering whether to bother.

Reading this thread, it sounds like we're down the "on rails RPG" route - for the demo at least, i'm sure (i think) the final game won't be like that and this is just a battle show case.

Amir0x

Banned
Zilch said:
You're ridiculous.

But right, as always. You may like that stuff as are you want to do.

Anyway, interesting first look. I will be curious going forward exactly how lazy the level design stays. That was one of the most boring demo levels I've ever seen.

Top Bottom