• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The music in the demo is my favorite part so far. The music against the boss thing in the beginning is incredibly awesome.

N30RYU

rataven said:
Has anyone watched ACC yet? Have any impressions been posted?
Also, any 100% confirmation that being region A isn't really region free? Some BR movies have region and the result is being region free.

Yeah, the lettering is silver, looks gold due to the lights in the office (plastic covering probably didn't help much either :p).

Probably watch the movie first (it's eye candy) and then play the demo.

inner-G

Banned
FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK

epic letdown :lol
UPS guy shows up, I have mini heart attack and sign for package...

... and it's something for my brother :/

LiK

N30RYU said:
Also, any 100% confirmation that being region A isn't really region free? Some BR movies have region and the result is being region free.

awaiting news from the Europeans.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheChillyAcademic said:
Which is odd because I used FedEx as well and everything went smoothly. I have an irrational hate of UPS so I try and steer clear of them when I can.

He meant to say "values." I remember I went to Michigan once and it was such an interesting experience. People were so nice and didn't treat me like a martian just because I was and L.A. "boy" (unlike people in Kansas).

Haha LA boy.

StuBurns

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
It has to be region free, the movie itself has been confirmed to work on Asian, US and EU PS3s.
Well Japan and the US are the same BluRay region.

I didn't know any EU PS3s had tried it.

Oh yeah, forgot to post this originally:

IMG_0803.jpg

I wish our blu-ray cases were more like these... (I like the locking jewel cases)

Hobbun

inner-G said:
Ya I'm in IL, which isn't that far from there, but I'm not expecting it till tomorrow.

Though the UPS site sez it was in KY at 20:00. I don't know if that's HK time or US time...

I'm in IL, too!

My tracking also says in Louisville. I think I did the same as you, inner. You ordered through Play-Asia and picked UPS, as well?

Should get here tomorrow. :D

Kagari, sorry about all that crap you are going through. Hope it gets cleared up soon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
inner-G said:
Couldn't agree more.

i'll take zany over-acted stuff over stiff, 'realistic'-ally behaving Elder Scrolls-type characters anyday.

I mean, c'mon, it's FF. The same series with the wonky sprites that jumped around and spun and shit.

ES isnt realistic, its just poor. Dont confuse the two

StuBurns

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
Well as far as I know there are three Blu-ray types:

A, B and ABC. This particular set doesn't have the designation on the case.
You said it works on European PS3s, so it's region free. I was just saying, it playing in a US PS3 doesn't mean it's region free.

LiK

TheChillyAcademic said:
Well as far as I know there are three Blu-ray types:

A, B and ABC. This particular set doesn't have the designation on the case.

cool, that should be it. looking forward to stuburn's post about it. :D

StuBurns

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
I also thought that Blim and his partners were capturing gameplay from their EU PS3s?
They're capturing material from the demo disc though. That is region free. It doesn't mean ACC is.

inner-G

Banned
Kagari said:
So the demo is just over 5GB in size on the disc? Guess you'll be needing that DL disc after all, Kitase.
Yeah, I just read that on the internets as well.

I guess everybody can kiss a downloadable demo goodbye.

inner-G

Banned
Kagari said:
Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen now.
I wonder what that means for the 360 version though, seriously.

They'll need major cuts in bitrate or resolution for the videos. Either that or they could replace the CG with in-engine stuff maybe?

StuBurns

Banned
A PSN/XBL release could have major compression, and it could be a smaller chunk of the game.

It could still happen, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom