• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

rataven said:
Ha, good point. I went with UPS.

Is this something we need to sign for?

with UPS, it depends on the driver.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Which is odd because I used FedEx as well and everything went smoothly. I have an irrational hate of UPS so I try and steer clear of them when I can.

Kagari said her pax was randomly chosen by customs so that's why. like i said earlier, it's just bad luck.

rataven

TheChillyAcademic said:
I remember I went to Michigan once and it was such an interesting experience. People were so nice and didn't treat me like a martian just because I was and L.A. "boy" (unlike people in Kansas).
Are you being serious?? I'm just so shocked because Michigan is always crapped on by the media. I of course agree with you though, we are nice!

LiK

rataven said:
Are you being serious?? I'm just so shocked because Michigan is always crapped on by the media. I of course agree with you though, we are nice!

i like midwest people. ;)

rataven said:

Its true lol When you're gay its easier too just assume the entire middle of the country is going to automatically hate you. When they don't, its a nice surprise :D

Zilch

Banned
You guys have any thoughts on the design decision to have the transitions in and out of battle?

As far as I can tell, the battles take place in nearly the exact same part of the "exploration" map that they are initiated in and not in a generic arena (like past FFs with random battles).

It's hard to complain about, since the transitions are so quick, but I do wish it was totally seamless (like FFXII).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TheChillyAcademic said:
Its true lol When you're gay its easier too just assume the entire middle of the country is going to automatically hate you. When they don't, its a nice surprise :D

Interesting way to see things.

Darkpen

Banned
Michigan's a generally democratic state, but there are still those who are incredibly conservative, even amongst the youth.

inner-G said:
The West coast is not a cultural abyss now?
since when was a coast state a cultural abyss?

LiK

careksims said:
Don't say next week! All would be right with this thread if Kagari can get her package today. Any luck with them?

FedEx dont do weekends unless you paid for that service fee :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
careksims said:
Don't say next week! All would be right with this thread if Kagari can get her package today. Any luck with them?

Hmm, okay, now I'm being told it's an issue on P-A's end and they forgot to include a release form... I'm not seeing a phone number on their site, is the only way to contact them through email?

Kagari said:
Hmm, okay, now I'm being told it's an issue on P-A's end and they forgot to include a release form... I'm not seeing a phone number on their site, is the only way to contact them through email?

Sadly yes, you can fax them certain inquiries but I've never had luck contacting them through any sort of phone number. That's the only advantage NCSX has over PA, but they tend to ship much slower.

LiK

Kagari said:

no phone number, email or fax is the only way.

neojubei

Kagari said:
Clearance delay
ANCHORAGE, AK

Is what it says. D: Damnit, I want to plaaaaaay.

If I was in Indiana I would bring my copy over your place. Damn, so sorry Kagari. This should not have happened to you of all people here.

Kagari said:

So it was PA's fault all along.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
If I was in Indiana I would bring my copy over your place. Damn, so sorry Kagari. This should not have happened to you of all people here.

It's okay. I'll be patient. Wrote play-asia a letter expressing my dissatisfaction, so hopefully they'll respond to me soon.

Going to go back through the thread and post some of various people's impressions in the OP though in the meantime.

neojubei

TheChillyAcademic said:
Sadly yes, you can fax them certain inquiries but I've never had luck contacting them through any sort of phone number. That's the only advantage NCSX has over PA, but they tend to ship much slower.

I won't say that is the only advantage.

rataven

Kai Ozu said:
When did you all pre-order? Mine has yet to even ship.
Back in February or March. If you pre-ordered a little later, I think you're probably down in the shipping queue. At least from play-asia.

rataven

Kagari said:
It's okay. I'll be patient. Wrote play-asia a letter expressing my dissatisfaction, so hopefully they'll respond to me soon.
Maybe you'll get something nice from them as a consolation?? :D

LiK

rataven said:
Maybe you'll get something nice from them as a consolation?? :D

i've had two packages lost from P-A and all they ever did was apologize and blame my post office. since Kagari used FedEx, it'll probably be resolved faster.

LiK said:
fucking ironic that this happened to Kagari. thanks a lot P-A!

rataven said:
yea Kagari, I'm really sorry to hear that you're not getting your copy before the weekend.

I think Louis XIV will set the mood.

We are most sorry Kagari.

Kagari said:

Going to go back through the thread and post some of various people's impressions in the OP though in the meantime.

I would most definitely follow through. You paid for express shipping and now you're forced to wait, its unacceptable.

Zeliard

RevenantKioku said:
Ugh.
Only if the game is properly designed around it. Otherwise, it is pointless.

Don't really see how New Game + is ever "pointless". I've never played a game with that feature that didn't have greatly increased replay value by virtue of it alone. Games are rarely balanced or designed around it - it's almost always viewed and considered as a bonus upon completing the game. The most you'll usually ever see is extra items/characters you can get in New Game + that you couldn't previously get, or an arbitrarily higher difficulty.

Dropped off by one of our mail center people around 9am (Pacific):

IMG_0799.jpg

Will be playing tonight.

rataven

LiK said:
i've had two packages lost from P-A and all they ever did was apologize and blame my post office. since Kagari used FedEx, it'll probably be resolved faster.
Well, that's really lame. At the very least, they better reimburse her for the express shipping.
And throw in a Cloud PS3 for all the bad word of mouth they are getting on gaf :)

Somnia

Mine doesn't even have an estimated shipping date now =( It was On/Before the 16th and then switched to On/Before the 17th and now it shows nothing, but preparing order. Come on Play-Asia!!!

Top Bottom