• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Yeah, this isn't necessarily indicative of FFXIII being a "tougher Final Fantasy," it's just a "shittily-designed demo that makes you play the whole thing twice."

LiK

Kobun Heat said:
Yeah, this isn't necessarily indicative of FFXIII being a "tougher Final Fantasy," it's just a "shittily-designed demo that makes you play the whole thing twice."

harsh :lol

i look forward to your written impressions

Majmun

I don't care if it's hard. Just hope there are enough checkpoints/savepoints scattered around.

I bet the final game will have checkpoints before each boss battle.

Are the cutscenes skippable btw?

Pachimari

What was the official websites again, with the beautiful music?

And the thread with the artwork and screenshot rips from the websites?

So I just got a game over on the behemoth and I got sent back to the title screen. I thought SE said you would just start over just prior to the battle. Anyway, there isn't much that happens after that so no big deal.

All I'll say is that the battle system is kind of confusing, but I'm willing to say it's because I don't know an ounce of japanese. Graphics are glorious. Definitely a step above MGS4, which is saying something. Cutscene models need some work though. Framerate drops during some scenes as well. The demo outputs automatically in 1080p, which is nice I suppose.

The only complaint I have is with the camera. I don't like how it zooms in every time you stop moving. It should stay fixed like FFXII

Also, Versus XIII, my god. The graphics didn't look so hot in the online feeds, but it's a totally different story on my TV. The cutscene models make even FFXIII look bad. Ridiculous animation and detail.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
H_Prestige said:
So I just got a game over on the behemoth and I got sent back to the title screen. I thought SE said you would just start over just prior to the battle. Anyway, there isn't much that happens after that so no big deal.

All I'll say is that the battle system is kind of confusing, but I'm willing to say it's because I don't know an ounce of japanese. Graphics are glorious. Definitely a step above MGS4, which is saying something. Cutscene models need some work though. Framerate drops during some scenes as well.

Other than that the only complaint I have is with the camera. I don't like how it zooms in every time you stop moving. It should stay fixed.

You got yours?

I wish we could have written in comments for what we'd like in the GOW3 collector's edition, cuz after seeing these pics it'd be great if CE/SE/LE packaging could be brought back to the jewel casing glory days of the PS1 :D

Cdammen

I've watched the first of Gamersyde's 720p videos. It looks really nice, especially the lightning and camera work. The battle system seems very fast paced, that's good because I get easily bored with turn based RPGs.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
*ringu ringu*

Kebinsan: moshimoshi
NCSX: shippu
Kebinsan: ^_____________^
NCSX: ^___________^
Kebinsan: arigatooooooooooooooo
NCSX: ^__________^
Kebinsan: ^_______^

Shadow780

NCSX:

*orders combined and shipped*

yeah baby yeah~

and WTF, their tel # is the same area code where I live, one day I will find their mysterious warehouse~:lol

H_Prestige said:
Yeah, this morning. The packaging is beautiful. I wish all ps3 games came in cases like these.

Agreed. Love these jewel cases...so awesome.

And Kagari, if you want, you can use my pics of the packaging.

Y2Kev said:
*ringu ringu*

:lol

They haven't shipped mine yet.. hopefully it will be today.. I ordered at 3 am on the 15th :D

LiK

Digital-Hero said:
As of 3:16pm New York time (where NCSX is) my order still says, "Status: Order Received" Like it has for months. :mad:

they change the shipping status in your account after 5pm when UPS actually picks them up.

Himuro said:
omfg ncsx

What the fuck

my billing address is in Houston. I wanted you to ship it to me in Florida.

Thems the rules. I used to have that problem with a few places when I was in college living in the dorms.

So the final fantasy 13 versus trailer is literally two characters talking to opera music for 3 minutes? I just want to make sure I didn't watch the joke trailer?

ilikeme

Y2Kev said:
*ringu ringu*

:lol

I'm watching Mizuhara's videos and it's just looking great. Some framerate drops will hopefully be fixed and it looks to be my favourite FF since VIII. Loving it. And I CAN'T WAIT to see new areas of the game. The pictures of Pulse featured on the homepage are soooo pretty. *swoon* And the summons <3 Mhmhm..
New Final Fantasy, it's finally coming...... in a year.... =(........ I'll be crying every weekend.

LiK

WickedLaharl said:
my status at ncsx still says order received but i just checked my email and they sent me my tracking # already. w00t!

it means it's packed up and ready to ship out. :) *high 5*

Hobbun

Himuro said:
omfg ncsx

What the fuck

my billing address is in Houston. I wanted you to ship it to me in Florida.

Well, you could always do a road trip to TX. :lol

Seriously though, I do hate that shit as well. Where said company for whatever reason can't have a seperate shipping and billing address on file.

Shadow780

I found their office address:

3370 Prince St # 307, Flushing, NY

WTF! that's literally 10mins from my apartment!:lol

I hope they have their warehouse attached to it so I can just go there and pick it up.

Top Bottom