• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

neojubei said:
Did that happen when you ordered with NCSX? I thought NCSX deals with all that customs business.

nope, from HMV.co.jp, also FedEx was the carrier and it was also held in Alaska customs.

joesmokey

So I chose UPS 2nd Day Air from NCSX, which was probably the most retarded thing to do.

I'm getting it Monday and wasting fast shipping time aren't I D:.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
inner-G said:
Maybe it's actually a good thing I went with UPS?

I'll lol if you still get yours first though. Then I'll cry.

I'm waiting for them to call me back so they can email me this form I have to fill out. D:

Shadow780

Cool, my ACC supplements are shipped...:p

51UYRDuSzRL._SS420_.jpg
510c3l2h5HL._SS420_.jpg
41aL7e7YM%2BL._SS420_.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
joesmokey said:
So I chose UPS 2nd Day Air from NCSX, which was probably the most retarded thing to do.

Should have sent it via USPS.

joesmokey said:

I always choose USPS Priority mail with NCSX. I get everything on Saturday.

careksims

Kagari said:
The status says it's been delayed in Alaska still... what the fuck.

Are you fucking serious!? Delayed in Alaska and for a video!? I'm so sorry to hear that Kagari :(

Mine's says On Transit/On time for today. I live in San Diego, CA.

Shadow780

LiK said:
did you preorder early enough? i expect you to open it up! :p

Nah, there're plenty of bundle pics online already, you can look at them.

I'd only open it if I bought another one or I can get it signed by Nomura.:lol

LiK

Shadow780 said:
Nah, there're plenty of bundle pics online already, you can look at them.

I'd only open it if I bought another one or I can get it signed by Nomura.:lol

oh, i know what it looks like, just looking forward to your unboxing :p

i dunno if Nomura has the energy to sign anything. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
careksims said:
Are you fucking serious!? Delayed in Alaska and for a video!? I'm so sorry to hear that Kagari :(

Mine's says On Transit/On time for today. I live in San Diego, CA.

Talking to them now... they said it was randomly selected, lol...

inner-G

Banned
rataven said:
My order is in Louisville too. Should get it tomorrow then, since I'm not all that far away :D

My Cloud PS3 still hasn't shipped yet though.
Ya I'm in IL, which isn't that far from there, but I'm not expecting it till tomorrow.

Though the UPS site sez it was in KY at 20:00. I don't know if that's HK time or US time...

After watching the videos, I get an eerily impression of Final Fantasy XIII resembling Final Fantasy VII except that it's set in a bizzarro world of sorts, largely cause everything seems in tact in terms of atmospheric elements, except that it's a world which is diametrically opposed to the one we're familiar with in FF7.

You have a lead protagonist wielding the buster sword of femininity, that doesn't have much to say apart from the cool or hot-headed one-liners, except now it's a girl and she's got flat hair instead of the spikey-doo.

A black character returns, and the bizzarro version of Barret couldn't be more glaringly obvious. Barret has the shaved crew cut, new guy has an Afro (with complimentary chocobo); Barret is an ultra-muscular dude with He-Man sized proportions, new guy is a tall wimpy figure disco jiving his way through combat; Barret wants to fuck shit up, new guy seems cowardly and avoids fights when possible; Barret wears cloths straight out of the slums with a bare-chested open vest, new guy is dressed in color coordinated threads like a hippie from the future (not a patch or tear in the clothing in sight).

I'm really looking forward to this, the load times between battles are brisk and seamless, the graphics are jaw droppingly gorgeous and the action seems intense right from the start. CANT WAIT! :D

Zilch

Banned
I mean that in the sense that there's no culture -- good or bad -- in the midwest. There's a lot of good (along with the crap) on the coasts. Anyhow, really just a joke. :)

On topic: thanks for uploading the demo vids on gamersyde, Blim and co.

LiK said:
different carrier right? she used FedEx

Which is odd because I used FedEx as well and everything went smoothly. I have an irrational hate of UPS so I try and steer clear of them when I can.

inner-G said:
The West coast is not a cultural abyss now?

He meant to say "values." I remember I went to Michigan once and it was such an interesting experience. People were so nice and didn't treat me like a martian just because I was and L.A. "boy" (unlike people in Kansas).

Top Bottom