• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Hobbun

Synless said:
I actually had to call this morning to reactivate my order.....she sounded pissed then too. I will bet you it was the same woman and this was around 10. I got off the phone and said to my girlfriend "what a bitch" :lol

Edit* Just to make things clear I didn't ask her if it was being shipped today either. I just wanted it re-submitted and she was pissed.

Wtf? I think I'll stay away from NCSX in the future.

They need to deal with the customer calls and not be rude about it. It's their damn job.

rhino4evr

Digital-Hero said:
Dude shut up. Another poster on here told me to call after I said I don't want to pester NCS. I said I would give them time then called. I was polite over the phone now get the hell out of the conversation.

sorry, I read your post wrong. I thought you said you were arguing with her.

If she sounds annoyed it's because she probably has to hear from a bunch of whiney kids every day asking where their stuff is. Truthfully they are probably just running a little behind. Im sure they will ship out your order as soon as they can.

Zilch said:
How about "cultural abyss between the west coast and the northeast"? ;)
No no. The politically correct term is Iowa these days.
Durante said:
Apparently all the movies are 1080p. (I wonder if this will hold true for the full game. It almost certainly won't for the 360 version)
As in, like, they'll display in 1080p on my TV, without scaling?

Captain N

Digital-Hero said:
I looked and it's not under junk. Today I only got e-mail from Nintendo and Gamestop, I even checked the trash can to see if I deleted it on accident.

I just got my e-mail about an hour ago and I know they would sometimes not get the packages scanned by UPS and to them until after 5:00 P.M.

Synless

Hobbun said:
Wtf? I think I'll stay away from NCSX in the future.

They need to deal with the customer calls and not be rude about it. It's their damn job.
I was actually amused by how rude she was. It was certainly different then what I'm used to hearing from a customer service rep.

Synless

Captain N said:
I just got my e-mail about an hour ago and I know they would sometimes not get the packages scanned by UPS and to them until after 5:00 P.M.
Actually they emailed me something that said everything won't be shipped out until 6:00pm today. At least that's what my email said.

careksims

TheChillyAcademic said:
WOW....

Hmmm....

WOW...

I want to go through another time before giving my impressions.

But FUCK ME.

WOW.

I have to agree with you. Just A-fuckin' awesome. I cannot believe I'm playing it. Why is the real deal sooo far away!? I'm playing this for awhile and waiting for a english faq.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Battle music!

Hobbun

rhino4evr said:
If she sounds annoyed it's because she probably has to hear from a bunch of whiney kids every day asking where their stuff is. Truthfully they are probably just running a little behind. Im sure they will ship out your order as soon as they can.

That's still no excuse. It's part of her job.

I don't say this as someone with no experience in retail, I worked quite a few years of it in the past. I used to work at hardware stores (mainly paint dept.) and one time I had someone ask me seriously since the paint said waterproof, does that mean they could paint in the rain?

And I told them nicely "No ma'am, that only applies when it is dry."

Yes, people are annoying and ask stupid questions, but part of the job in working retail is dealing with them politely.

Anyways, back on topic.

I really love the boss music. Very FFX. I just hope there are more than two battle themes in the real game, or at least the option to turn off the music and just listen to the background theme, because it can become repetitive after a lot of battles.

careksims

Angelus Errare said:
Seriously, all the hype for this demo and screenshots / cam pics / anything is very lacking.

GAF is slipping!!!!

I don't have a good camera to capture it! :(

Getting the hang of battles and healing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Angelus Errare said:
Seriously, all the hype for this demo and screenshots / cam pics / anything is very lacking.

GAF is slipping!!!!

If you click the link in the OP under Final Fantasy XIII Trial Version, it takes you to the gamersyde page with all the screencaps and feeds ;)

Synless

This is going to sound far fetched, but is it possible that SE could update this demo from time to time with little battle system enhancements or such? That would be bad ass, like if they added 1 summon you could use as it got closer to release as a patch or something. I know it is 99% not going to happen, but a man can dream right?

Angelus Errare said:

GAF is slipping!!!!

ALL THE PICTURE YOU WANT :lol

Courtesy of Gamersyde.com
1185_0004.jpg

1185_0027.jpg

Synless said:
This is going to sound far fetched, but is it possible that SE could update this demo from time to time with little battle system enhancements or such? That would be bad ass, like if they added 1 summon you could use as it got closer to release as a patch or something. I know it is 99% not going to happen, but a man can dream right?

A man can certainly dream, but that is quite a bit of work for a demo when they're apparently going full steam ahead for a Winter '09 release.

I think I'm the only one who's really looking forward to Advent Children Complete, and wondering how the exclusive trailer for the movie on the movie disc is.

Amon37

Kagari said:
If you click the link in the OP under Final Fantasy XIII Trial Version, it takes you to the gamersyde page with all the screencaps and feeds ;)

I know but I can't look at gamersyde at work, need fap material :lol

StuBurns

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
I think I'm the only one who's really looking forward to Advent Children Complete, and wondering how the exclusive trailer for the movie on the movie disc is.
What? A trailer for the movie is on the movie disc?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
TheChillyAcademic said:
I also thought that Blim and his partners were capturing gameplay from their EU PS3s?
DjMizuhara lives in Japan and owns a JP PS3. He's the one who did all the videos.
And even if I had done the videos myself, I also only own a JP PS3 (and live in France).

Synless

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
A man can certainly dream, but that is quite a bit of work for a demo when they're apparently going full steam ahead for a Winter '09 release.

No, I am more then looking forward to watching the movie with extended scenes, I loved AC. The thing is I love FFXIII just as much and seeing as I've seen AC before, FFXIII demo is my primary focus.

Blimblim said:
DjMizuhara lives in Japan and owns a JP PS3. He's the one who did all the videos.
And even if I had done the videos myself, I also only own a JP PS3 (and live in France).

Well aren't you incredibly inconvenient >.< :p

The word on my end is it DOES work on EU machines, but I only know of two other three other gaming press guys who actually own EU PS3s. Have to wait to get the "official" word.

Hobbun

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

Oh no, I am too. I am one of the few who bought it mainly for the movie. One, I still haven't seen it. Two, it's blu-ray. And three, it has the extended footage, which I don't know will be in any other version or not.

And the demo is just the icing on the cake. Although I really wish it played more like how the game will be as the reason I want to play the demo is to see if I will like the battle system. However, a lot of people are saying it's 'gimped' compared to what it will be. So I'm still in the same boat as before for the most part.

stuburns said:
What? A trailer for the movie is on the movie disc?

Besides the previous trailers, there's also the one for last weekend's Squeenix Members Exclusive Screening to hype people up in the midst of the announcements and showing them the full thing.

StuBurns

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
Well aren't you incredibly inconvenient >.< :p

The word on my end is it DOES work on EU machines, but I only know of two other three other gaming press guys who actually own EU PS3s. Have to wait to get the "official" word.
What are you talking about, ACC or the demo? The demo is region free, it's working on US machines, but ACC I don't think we know about yet.

stuburns said:
What are you talking about, ACC or the demo? The demo is region free, it's working on US machines, but ACC I don't think we know about yet.

US is the same region as Japan for Blu-Ray. It works.

stuburns said:

What else do you think I'm talking about? We've been through that the Demo is Region free, this has always been specifically about the movie.

don't think I'm getting mine in the mail until Saturday.

At least those of you who got it early get working on a guide for us that can't read Japanese

Synless

Linkzg said:
don't think I'm getting mine in the mail until Saturday.

At least those of you who got it early get working on a guide for us that can't read Japanese
I hope to get mine on Saturday, but most likely won't get it until Monday :(

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Besides the previous trailers, there's also the one for last weekend's Squeenix Members Exclusive Screening to hype people up in the midst of the announcements and showing them the full thing.

Wait, are you talking about a FFXIII trailer? I know SE showed a brand new trailer after the ACC premier but I don't think it's included in the retail copy.

jett

D-Member
Synless said:
Battle music for normal enemies and the boss theme are kick ass!!!! I need this demo NOW!!!!

Only piece of music I'm not fond of is the background theme when you play as Snow, that got tired after 30 seconds. :p Everything else is sweet, sweet Hamauzu goodness.

Synless

jett said:
Only piece of music I'm not fond of is the background theme when you play as Snow, that got tired after 30 seconds. :p Everything else is sweet, sweet Hamauzu goodness.
I only watched a brief video involving Lightning. I haven't seen Snow's stuff yet.

LiK

NCSX shipping email received. UPS scheduled delivery is tomorrow woot!

btw, hearing about the "rude" person answering phones, maybe a ton of people are calling about that FFXIII demo :lol

anyways, their email CSR is excellent. it's probably a different person answering them. :)

Top Bottom