• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

StuBurns

Banned
The international versions are the ones we have anyway. The original Japanese ones have less content than the ones we get, so the ones we get are rereleased over their. Except things like FFXII which is international + something. Standard international versions are the ones we have.

rataven

stuburns said:
The international versions are the ones we have anyway. The original Japanese ones have less content than the ones we get, so the ones we get are rereleased over their. Except things like FFXII which is international + something. Standard international versions are the ones we have.
Didn't FFX and KH I and II have more extra content than what we got in NA? Dark Aeons etc.

StuBurns

Banned
rataven said:
Didn't FFX and KH I and II have loads more content than what we got in NA? I wanted to fight the Dark Aeons.
It's not a lot of new content. They are basically to give them the content they are missing from our versions.

Hopefully with DLC and patches this won't happen anymore. Fingers crossed.

billy.sea

Banned
The game looks very pretty and I love the bird guy.

I am watching the 1UP video preview now, how come after 30 minutes of battling they are still in on the same bridge thing... Hopefully that will not be the case in the actual game or I will bored to tears.

inner-G

Banned
Man, if you're playing the demo on a 5.1 (or 7.1) setup, it's fuckin' epic when the Scorpion boss crashes back down onto the train. The screen shake, the sound, the music cutting back in, fucking amazing.

4th time I've played through the demo, I keep noticing more subtle stuff each time. I'm really anxious to see the new/final graphics builds when they get shown fully.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
All this XII talk just makes me want a new translation of the Ogre Battles and Let Us Cling Together done by Alexander O Smith, the king of translations

Fuck! I died on the Behemoth. (I think that's it? Snow's part.) One hour down the drain! :mad:

The game is gorgeous.
(Lightning is hot.)
I think, when the final version hits, it'll be the best looking game on the Playstation 3. Also, I noticed Oerba's square fingers. Old build!

The battle system is kind of "meh" for me. It's nice that they made it more streamlined, but I was expecting something different.
I enjoyed Final Fantasy XII's battle system.

I really don't know what I should do with my copy of Advent Children. The movie is shit. Absolute shit. What a shitty movie.
Shit.

StuBurns

Banned
inner-G said:
Man, if you're playing the demo on a 5.1 (or 7.1) setup, it's fuckin' epic when the Scorpion boss crashes back down onto the train. The screen shake, the sound, the music cutting back in, fucking amazing.
I haven't heard anyone talk about the audio design yet. Any more impressions? Final Fantasy always has exceptional music but usually pretty run of the mill audio design, which is surprising given how incredibly high quality every other aspect of their presentation is.

Shadow780

Kadey said:
I wasn't home to sign for my stuff. Bummer. Oh well. At least I can bring this out of display in the mean time.

mt6qex.jpg

That's an official merchandise (the big one)?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
U K Narayan said:
Fuck! I died on the Behemoth. (I think that's it? Snow's part.) One hour down the drain! :mad:

The game is gorgeous.
(Lightning is hot.)
I think, when the final version hits, it'll be the best looking game on the Playstation 3. Also, I noticed Oerba's square fingers. Old build!

The battle system is kind of "meh" for me. It's nice that they made it more streamlined, but I was expecting something different.
I enjoyed Final Fantasy XII's battle system.

I really don't know what I should do with my copy of Advent Children. The movie is shit. Absolute shit. What a shitty movie.
Shit.

The battle system is decent, certainly not the best one in the series, but still enjoyable to me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hey I just realized; Lightning, Snow, and Vanille all mean "white" (well to some extent), but Sazh doesn't and he's black.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ether_Snake said:
Hey I just realized; Lightning, Snow, and Vanille all mean "white" (well to some extent), but Sazh doesn't and he's black.

lol, I don't think there's a name theme in XIII.

StuBurns

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

What? Lightning doesn't mean white, and Vanilla is black.

EDIT: I mean Vanilla pods, not that the character is black.

Kagari said:
The battle system is decent, certainly not the best one in the series, but still enjoyable to me.
Same boat. I like it, it's just not groundbreaking. Meh! Whatever works.

FFXII has the best battle system in the series.

stuburns said:

Vanilla extract is also brown.

Anyway, Vanille isn't her first name. It's Oerba. Oerba.

Oerba

KTallguy

Banned
The battle system takes a bit to click, once it does, it's extremely fun.
Hint, you need to figure out the quickest way to break enemies.
Also, don't do 3 attacks in a row as a rule. 1 or 2 is best, because they allow you to dodge incoming attacks more quickly.

Kagari said:

Does anyone know if the Snow military theme is out there recorded somewhere?
I like that theme too.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Regulus Tera said:
Oh dang I missed all the FFXII bashing and here I wanted to get into fisticuffs with HK-47. :(

WRONG

I'm ready to go anytime...except right now cause Obsidian is doing Fallout

Allllriiiight!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
stuburns said:

Lightning is white, Snow is white, vanilla ice cream is white.

StuBurns

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Lightning is white, Snow is white, vanilla ice cream is white.
Vanilla ice cream is it now? So her name is actually Miss Cream.

Vanilla is black.

Vanilla+Bean+Ice+Cream+500.jpg

See that stick? That's vanilla. That milky shit below it is ice cream.

It's like saying Snow plows are sometimes red, so his name must mean red.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
HK-47 said:
Sazh is black...wait wat
I think you mean he's chocolate?

Chocofro!

Personally, I don't like any of the XIII characters thus far, they all look too uninteresting or plain.

StuBurns

Banned
U K Narayan said:
Hey... stop!

Her first name is Oerba.

Do I have to punch you in the gallbladder for you to understand this?
I don't know what a Oerba is, sounds like a nice Swiss watch brand or something.

inner-G said:
get started learning kana with this freeware game: http://lrnj.com/

It's a tongue-in-cheek DQ/FF rip-off, but I learned all of hiragana and katakana with it in less than a week playing on and off.

Thanks for this.. it is helping me with vocab and characters quite a bit.

it will give me something to do and hold my interest while I learn something.

inner-G

Banned
stuburns said:
I haven't heard anyone talk about the audio design yet. Any more impressions? Final Fantasy always has exceptional music but usually pretty run of the mill audio design, which is surprising given how incredibly high quality every other aspect of their presentation is.
I think it's great. Just standing around, you hear echo-y distant gunfire and explosions, the sfx in battle are good too, the swords, gunshots, etc. The spell noises are a little generic, but well executed.

You also hear random talk between NPCs that fades in and out depending on how close you are.

Somnia

Himuro said:
TOMORROW.

I got mine today and it was just as good as everyone has said so I think you'll be just as happy! I've played through twice now, but have to crash for the night. Will watch AC tomorrow and get some more demo plays in :D

KTallguy

Banned
I'm happy this comes out in winter, by then I will be pretty free to play. Right now I can barely stand with all of the stuff on my plate.

Awntawn

U K Narayan said:
Hey... stop!

Her first name is Oerba.

Do I have to punch you in the gallbladder for you to understand this?
let's just rid ourselves of all this confusion and start calling her nomchan again

rataven

So based on the demo, who is going to buy/import the full version when it comes out this winter? Yes, this winter! Finally!

I want to, but I also want to fully understand what's going on. I guess I should start learning Japanese.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rataven said:
So based on the demo, who is going to buy/import the full version when it comes out this winter? Yes, this winter! Finally!

I want to, but I also want to fully understand what's going on. I guess I should start learning Japanese.

I will for sure. Not going to sit around and wait for a localization when I can play it without having to get a Japanese system. I love region free.

rataven said:

I have a passing knowledge of Japanese, I most likely would be able to get through the game alright but...I dont know, there's something about RPGs, Final Fantasy specifically that demands I play it in English. I play RPGs for their story first, gameplay second. As much as I want this game, I want even more to play through it, unspoiled, in English.

Learning Japanese just for this game? I suppose it might be worth it for the truly obses- dedicated. Just not for me :D

Top Bottom