• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

KTallguy

Banned
Sazh's idle jig is so awesome.
When I boot up the demo, I turn the battle camera so that I can see him clearly and marvel at how the animation loops so cleanly.

No white fantasy character can jam quite like that.

Ether_Snake said:
What I liked about Snow, Lightning and Sazh is they look like they are actually fighting. Osaka Whore and co. look like they are going to a cosplay party. You don't dress up to go shoot a rifle at PSYOPS. It looks dumb. Blargh.
I hate hate hate hate hate how osaka whore moves its like watching a waitress with guns.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BlazingDarkness said:
of course it is o_O

Discussion of gameplay mechanics on the evolution of the franchise vs discussion of a movie that is only tangentially related to the demo the thread is about.

I'd have to disagree.

rataven

Regulus Tera said:
In all honesty, FFXII discussion is not any more off-topic than fawning at FFVII:ACC in the context of this thread.
Um, ACC is in the OP.

flintstryker said:
I hate hate hate hate hate how osaka whore moves its like watching a waitress with guns.
I don't care for the Team Nora chics VA either. Her voice is even whorish.

from the videos on gametrailers i can presume: the black man is a bumbling idiot who spends most of his time on all-fours groveling, providing "comic relief" with his buffoonery?

Amir0x

Banned
Kagari said:
ACC is amazing. Previous haters should really give it another chance.

wow so they removed all the terrible action and replaced it with competent voice acting and writing?

I am so going to buy ACC now.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Barkley's Justice said:
from the videos on gametrailers i can presume: the black man is a bumbling idiot who spends most of his time on all-fours groveling, providing "comic relief" with his buffoonery?

Probably, but you know at one point he'll save the day... before dying!

Barkley's Justice said:

I'm calling it now. Sazh is an agent working for the other side, the bumbling buffoon routine is a ruse until he can get close enough to betray you.

Amir0x

Banned
Barkley's Justice said:

Hell, he's relegated to carrying around the generic team pet!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Regulus Tera said:
In all honesty, FFXII discussion is not any more off-topic than fawning at FFVII:ACC in the context of this thread.

But the demo is part of the ACC package, therefore on-topic.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda liked Sazh in the few videos I saw.
When he was running down that thing and making a grunting noise ripped straight from Homer Simpson I kinda laughed.

lupinko

I'm very impressed with the demo, and it will be day one buy whenever the Japanese version comes out this winter.

And Sazh is too good. :D

Tiduz said:
OMG

need high res pics after unboxing plz! :D~

or make a video for epic hits on yt :lol

ff7triple01.jpg

ff7triple02.jpg

And for the family portrait...

ff7triple03.jpg

The color is a lot nicer in person that I thought it would be. :D

rataven

donkey show said:
Cloud PS3 goodness
The whole bundle is so classy. Love the special ACC packaging. Can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

And is that a play-arts buster sword? Or is it something else that I now have to buy?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Somnia said:
Ugh please no more pictures of that PS3 or I may end up ordering one which I should NOT do :lol

You should save NOW for the eventual Final Fantasy XIII PS3 bundle, I know I am. :D

Somnia

neojubei said:
You should save NOW for the eventual Final Fantasy XIII PS3 bundle, I know I am. :D

I can afford it...I am just doing as you are and waiting for the real deal FFXIII. Of course I know zero Japanese, but whatever. Guess it's time to start learning since I've wanted to for quite awhile...Rosetta Stone worth it? :lol

inner-G

Banned
Somnia said:
I can afford it...I am just doing as you are and waiting for the real deal FFXIII. Of course I know zero Japanese, but whatever. Guess it's time to start learning since I've wanted to for quite awhile...Rosetta Stone worth it? :lol
get started learning kana with this freeware game: http://lrnj.com/

It's a tongue-in-cheek DQ/FF rip-off, but I learned all of hiragana and katakana with it in less than a week playing on and off.

Somnia

inner-G said:
get started learning kana with this freeware game: http://lrnj.com/

It's a tongue-in-cheek DQ/FF rip-off, but I learned all of hiragana and katakana with it in less than a week playing on and off.

Thanks I appreciate it! I've been wanting to learn for awhile, but didn't really know where to start without paying quite a bit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:

That's what I'm doing... but the ACC one was so tempting D: And it would compliment my FF7 PSP nicely...

neojubei

Kagari said:
That's what I'm doing... but the ACC one was so tempting D: And it would compliment my FF7 PSP nicely...

Good to hear and PLEASE pre-order with NCSX. I want you to have your game and system day one like everyone else here. :D I want to hear your impressions of the game and bundle pack.

Oh and I learned Japanese in College, so I am not too familiar with the Rosetta Stone program. I recommend buying a Japanese/English electronic dictionary for some of the Kanji you don't know or if you have an iPhone there are quite a few good Japanese language Apps on the itunes App store.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
Good to hear and PLEASE pre-order with NCSX. I want you to have your game and system day one like everyone else here. :D I want to hear your impressions of the game and bundle pack.

Going to for sure.

I'll wait for the eventual FFXIII Versus bundle. If I'm going to buy another system (one I already have at that rate) then it god damn is gonna be for an exclusive :D

Kagari said:
I bet they'll do a special one for Agito XIII too... D: damn those PSP bundles!

Is there any uncertainty that they will? They did one for Crisis Core, then for Dissidia. I'm expecting Birth By Sleep, AgitoXIII and The Third Birthday to all get special edition PSPs.

neojubei

TheChillyAcademic said:
Holy shit I didn't think about that...if its slim, consider it sold!

I didn't even think of that, heck there might be a special edition Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep PSP slim/slide, so I plan to buy that as well at the agito bundle. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wasn't home to sign for my stuff. Bummer. Oh well. At least I can bring this out of display in the mean time.

mt6qex.jpg

neojubei

Die Squirrel Die said:
Is there any uncertainty that they will? They did one for Crisis Core, then for Dissidia. I'm expecting Birth By Sleep, AgitoXIII and The Third Birthday to all get special edition PSPs.

And third Birthday, at this rate all of my gaming budget will be spent on special edition systems I already own:lol :lol

neojubei said:
I didn't even think of that, heck there might be a special edition Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep PSP slim/slide, so I plan to buy that as well at the agito bundle. :D

My lord...a Birth By Sleep version as well!!

There's no harm in owning three of the same consoles >.<

Top Bottom