• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Darkpen

Banned
Synless said:
I just wanted to add one more thing I've noticed about ACC. As I was watching I realized that they added a few new sound effects and little music differences throughout the movie. The best effect however I think with sound is this new humming like noise that Sephiroth's sword makes when he swings it around now, it's really badass.
The changes to music, sound effects, addional lines of dialogue, or even small and minor changes to timing are all very noticable if you've watched the original enough times :lol

Kadey: :lol :lol :lol wow D: I want those. I remember when the buster sword first debuted on the internet, but is the AC sword from some sword company, like it usually is, or is it something else?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
U K Narayan said:
This shit is SO going to happen.

Hey, it is great having a cast of protagonists and antagonists with relationships.

Just look at Tales of the Abyss.

Tear Grants - Van Grants (Brother)
Luke Von Fabre - Asch (Original)
Princess Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear - Largo (Father)
Anise - Arietta (Rivals)
Jade - Dist (Former Friends)
Tear Grants - Legretta (Former Teacher)

The game was brimming with it, and it enhanced the game, not dragged it down.

Edit: Fixed for the bitching

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darkpen said:
I have a feeling it'll be Oerba's sister D:

Nah, Lightning will be a clone of her, or some ridiculousness FFVII copy... I mean, they already have a Midgar-like setting in the beginning... Lighting used to be in the military (Like Cloud in SOLDIER)... Okay I'll stop now.

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
Nah, Lightning will be a clone of her, or some ridiculousness FFVII copy... I mean, they already have a Midgar-like setting in the beginning... Lighting used to be in the military (Like Cloud in SOLDIER)... Okay I'll stop now.

You make it sound like FFXIII is a remake of FF7 without the name

:lol

Awntawn

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hey, it is great having a cast of protagonists and antagonists with relationships.

Just look at Tales of the Abyss.

Tear Grants - Van Grants (Brother)
Luke Von Fabre - Asch (Original)
Princess Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear - Largo (Father)
Anise - Arietta (Rivals)
Jade - Dist (Former Friends)
Tear Grants - Legretta (Former Teacher)

The game was brimming with it, and it enhanced the game, not dragged it down.
Wow awesome you just spoiled a game that I'm currently playing >.>

Zeliard

Kagari said:

Don't forget the scorpion boss fight. ;)

Hcoregamer00

Awntawn said:
Wow awesome you just spoiled a game that I'm currently playing >.>

The game came out long ago, the time has passed.

Do you want me to spoil Tales of Innocence and Tales of the World while I am at it? :lol

Awntawn

Hcoregamer00 said:
The game came out long ago, the time has passed.

Do you want me to spoil Tales of Innocence and Tales of the World while I am at it? :lol
The age of a game shouldn't have to diminish the quality of an experience. If something is spoiled, it's spoiled, whether it's 40 years old or in the future. It's not like this is a Tales of thread or something that I should know to be careful around, I really wasn't expecting to see something like that in here.

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
Haha, well, I hope there is some originality.

That is a question we have to wait for, because the last original thing Square did was the World Ends With You, and that game had Cliches up the wazoo.

Hcoregamer00

BlazingDarkness said:
no FFXIII in famitsu =/
actually nothing interesting in famitsu at all this week

It seems like the amount of good stuff seems to slow down to a trickle.

Damn you slow months!!!!

Souther

Banned
Well finally got around to watching ACC and playing FFXIII

ACC looks a helluva lot nicer than the dvd thats for sure. All in all its alot better than the original release and those added scenes do really add to the movie and it doesn't seem like it was just thrown in there. Also....the english va is pretty good considering how bad some anime, and game va can be. I personally don't have any cringing moments listening to them.. Although i will admit that some of the lines are kinda odd sometimes. All in all i would prefer to watch it with subs but i will settle with whats available.

FFXIII its pretty damn awesome. The graphics and music are fantastic. the new ATB system works pretty nice i have to say. My only problem is that i find i am watching the actual menus far too much and not even really seeing what is going on during the fight. Basically i just notice a bunch of numbers heh. its probably because of them not being translated but they get memorized fast.

Do you have to have the enemies life down a certain amount before you can juggle them? It doesnt seem like its a for sure thing most of the time and seems to be more random than anything. Although i did find if you went with magic before the juggle that there was a really good chance it would juggle.

Oh well.....such a loooong wait... Can't wait to see what summons and crazy limit break attacks there are.

Those 2 trailers look great aswell.

Munba

Who is the officially confirmed FFXIII scenario/story writer again? I read it's Toryama in wikipedia but nothing about it in the related fansites.

Munba

MrDenny

Souther said:
Well finally got around to watching ACC and playing FFXIII

ACC looks a helluva lot nicer than the dvd thats for sure. All in all its alot better than the original release and those added scenes do really add to the movie and it doesn't seem like it was just thrown in there. Also....the english va is pretty good considering how bad some anime, and game va can be. I personally don't have any cringing moments listening to them.. Although i will admit that some of the lines are kinda odd sometimes. All in all i would prefer to watch it with subs but i will settle with whats available.

FFXIII its pretty damn awesome. The graphics and music are fantastic. the new ATB system works pretty nice i have to say. My only problem is that i find i am watching the actual menus far too much and not even really seeing what is going on during the fight. Basically i just notice a bunch of numbers heh. its probably because of them not being translated but they get memorized fast.

Do you have to have the enemies life down a certain amount before you can juggle them? It doesnt seem like its a for sure thing most of the time and seems to be more random than anything. Although i did find if you went with magic before the juggle that there was a really good chance it would juggle.

Oh well.....such a loooong wait... Can't wait to see what summons and crazy limit break attacks there are.

Those 2 trailers look great aswell.

I don't have the demo, but I believe you can juggle the enemy when they are glowing orange/yellow. Different enemies have different breaking points. Maybe try chaining more attacks together with you and your supporting partners. I think I read in a interview that weight and size would be a factor introduced in the final version of the game.

Hcoregamer00 said:
It seems like the amount of good stuff seems to slow down to a trickle.

Damn you slow months!!!!

E3 soon it all ways the same

Hope to see some gameplay outside the Cocoon and some new races and old *fingercross for mogs*

Rpgmonkey

BlazingDarkness said:
no FFXIII in famitsu =/
actually nothing interesting in famitsu at all this week

Seems like Famitsu's pretty much gotten all their big exclusive scoops now that the demo's out. Gotta wait for Jump first for info again.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Have they really confirmed that Nojima is not writing FFXIII's story?

The few times they have revealed the staff members for each game, I recall Nojima being credited for that role in Versus, but no one was listed as scenario writer for FFXIII.

I find it a bit hard to believe, considering how Lightning and Vanille feel so much the kind of characters Nojima would create, from the little we know personality-wise. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama had a big role in the story, but there are several things there that feel from Nojima...

nelsonroyale said:
pretty sure it has been confirmed to work by others, but I ll give it a shot tomorrow and check it out

Thanks just searched through the thread and found the posts confirming it so just ordered it ^^ Will be here in 6-14 days.

LiK

KTallguy said:
I'm kind of glad that I don't remember AAC before. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it this time.

there were some changes to the Sephy fight that i sorta miss, but i can always watch that on the regular DVD. it was really cool to see the enhanced version of the Omnislash. the new effects were nice looking.

starsky

Spoo said:
Man, I just finished watching ACC. My God, it's actually a good movie now :O That is all.

KTallguy said:
I'm kind of glad that I don't remember AAC before. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it this time.

I dunno why people think the movie was bad, I enjoy the original version. I'm glad it's made even better now.

LiK

bakemono said:
I dunno why people think the movie was bad, I enjoy the original version. I'm glad it's made even better now.

the original one left too many questions but ACC sorta cleared up some of it by simply fleshing out certain scenes. the extended action scenes and inclusion of blood also made it more satisfying to watch, imo.

i found the demo to be somewhat disappointing

the graphics were good and the music was excellent but there wasn't enough gameplay options

still the demo served it's purpose and gave me taste of things to come. and after learning how to use the launch command properly i found it rather tasty.

as for trailers. agito looked hot while the versus trailer was just dumb. how bout showing some fucking gameplay fuckers?!

now advent children is a lame movie and idk if i'd of watched it again but i ATLEAST expected the entire movie to be 1080p and not 480p upscaled with just the new scenes being
1080p. screw you square!

LiK

WickedLaharl said:

the graphics were good and the music was excellent but there wasn't enough gameplay options

still the demo served it's purpose and gave me taste of things to come. and after learning how to use the launch command properly i found it rather tasty.

as for trailers. agito looked hot while the versus trailer was just dumb. how bout showing some fucking gameplay fuckers?!

now advent children is a lame movie and idk if i'd of watched it again but i ATLEAST expected the entire movie to be 1080p and not 480p upscaled with just the new scenes being
1080p. screw you square!

so you liked it right?

I started tripping out when my Cloud Black Triple stopped outputting in 1080p on my GDM-FW900 when I was setting it up the other day. Luckily, I moved it to my DLP and it worked just fine.

Teknoman

WickedLaharl said:

1080p.
screw you square!

Wait what? So the new scenes are seperate from the actual movie?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Teknoman said:
Wait what? So the new scenes are seperate from the actual movie?

It's really obvious some of the old scenes are just upscaled. Specifically the church scenes... so blurry D:

Top Bottom