• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

StuBurns

Banned
masterkajo said:
Does UK PS3 = PAL PS3 or am I screwed here?
PS3s in the UK are PAL units. I'm not sure what you mean by screwed? It's region free, and assuming you have a HDTV or a SDTV made in the last ten years or less, you're fine. And no matter what you're fine with the demo.

masterkajo

stuburns said:
PS3s in the UK are PAL units. I'm not sure what you mean by screwed? It's region free, and assuming you have a HDTV or a SDTV made in the last ten years or less, you're fine. And no matter what you're fine with the demo.
Well, I guess that I am double fine then. THANKS for clarification. Although my wallet looks at me sadly now...:lol

I kind of expected the ACC stuff not actually being 1080p. I remember the impressions from the original theatrical release of Advent Children saying that the footage really didn't look very good, that it was like a blown-up projected UMD resolution (480p). If they didn't have a higher resolution source available for the theatrical release of the movie, I wondered what they were going to do for the HD version. I had assumed that they would completely redo it, like they made it sound as if they were doing, but obviously that is not the case.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mr. Wonderful said:
I kind of expected the ACC stuff not actually being 1080p. I remember the impressions from the original theatrical release of Advent Children saying that the footage really didn't look very good, that it was like a blown-up projected UMD resolution (480p). If they didn't have a higher resolution source available for the theatrical release of the movie, I wondered what they were going to do for the HD version. I had assumed that they would completely redo it, like they made it sound as if they were doing, but obviously that is not the case.

I had that impression as well.

edgefusion

stuburns said:
This is true. If you only have a 50Hz TV (as some UK residents do) it will only play with a strong green hue. But if any BluRay movies work then you're good to go.

UK PS3 connected via HDMI to a 1080p HDTV will play ACC just fine then? This is good news because I just ordered and cannot physically contain my excitement. This has rekindled the joy of Christmas morning as a 10 year old for me.

StuBurns

Banned
edgefusion said:
UK PS3 connected via HDMI to a 1080p HDTV will play ACC just fine then? This is good news because I just ordered and cannot physically contain my excitement. This has rekindled the joy of Christmas morning as a 10 year old for me.
Yep, you're fine. The vast majority of people are, it's just that older UK TVs didn't usually have 60Hz, all modern HDTVs do. All region-free BluRays and all PS3 games are fine for you.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
All this 大阪娼婦
osaka whore google translation
talk kept nagging at me for some reason ... so I had to do something about it ... though I really should be doing my HW >>

FFXIII-SATURDAY.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiK said:
i think only Tidus sucked. everyone else was good or great.

and i gotta say that XII is definitely not noob friendly.

Yuna sucked hard

holy shit hateradio

:lol :lol :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
zoukka said:
Great visuals/audio
Good gameplay which varies greatly from title to title
Best stories in JRPG:s.

These are true for at least IV, VI, VII, VIII and IX. If you can tolerate the graphics I'd say go for VII. If you like more traditional RPG stuff then IV. If you love 2D, then VI.

If you want the most noob-friendly and polished game of the series, then go for IX.

f2jwix.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
flabberghastly said:
Wait, so X doesn't meet your standards of storytelling but VIII does? VIII's story was fucking horrible.

And the horribly translated crud that was VII script? :lol

I still maintain Tactics: The Lion War is the only truly good story out of FF

And IV and VI were good for their era. II was also good for its era

And X had a great culture (and Auron) about it and XII had great writing and VA.

And IX had Vivi

But thats it

Just beat the Behemoth. Did this (from Gamefaqs).

Keep Queueing: Blizzard (ブリザド) + Attack (攻撃) + Attack (攻撃)

When he starts blinking queue:

Launch (うちあげ) + Attack (攻撃) + Attack (攻撃)

If he stops blinking, go back to Blizzard + Attack + Attack.

JCreasy

Are the folks that purchased from Play Asia and choose the Air Economy Bubble like I did still waiting for their package, like I am?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JCreasy said:
Are the folks that purchased from Play Asia and choose the Air Economy Bubble like I did still waiting for their package, like I am?

Generally takes 2 weeks with that method.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Also Superman in one of the Justice League seasons. That was my reasoning why Sephiroth could suddenly fly in the final battle.

Seeing as he was tasked with voicing one of the most overrated and popular characters in modern gaming, I have to say I found his voice to be rather perfect for the role.

McKenzie ftw!!!

Edit: Banks-McKenzie

matmanx1

Gotta say I love the demo. I havent watched the movie yet (hah!) but I've played the demo several times through and I've seen it played completely through about 10 times now by various friends and I'm still not tired of watching it. In fact, we have the demo looping on our PS3 at the retail establishment where I work and it's certainly doing it's job of drawing interest!

If the actual game brings in some gambit bullshit it will be a dealbreaker for me... I tried getting into XII 3 different times and as soon as the gambits got fleshed out I lost interest and remembered why I had stopped playing the last time; and it sucks because the story and the whole style of it really grabbed me at the beginning.

hateradio

gambits were useful towards the last part of the game if you wanted to level up a lot and go for the big hunts.

Kagari said:
:lol Go do your homework hateradio
It's only because of my HW that I decided to do that :D

rataven

KTallguy said:
Actually I thought they would scrap items personally. Hmmm....
I honestly thought so to.

I always end up saving all my elixirs and stuff for the end, then never need them. Getting rid of items sorta made sense to me!

Funny they are changing Sazh's battle dance. I liked it! :lol

jett said:
159.jpg

That looks really good, was there a recent batch of hi quality pics?

That's a scene straight from the demo. And it looks just as good and animates even better.

Unfortunately I don't remember any other scene with the same quality (especially with Sazh), so I can see what they mean when they say the graphics are incomplete.

Zoe

:D

2.jpg

Actually could have gotten it yesterday, but the office was closed when I get home. I'm trying to decide if I can hold out till Sunday though when I have a whole group of people to play with...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
H_Prestige said:
That's a scene straight from the demo. And it looks just as good and animates even better.

Unfortunately I don't remember any other scene with the same quality (especially with Sazh), so I can see what they mean when they say the graphics are incomplete.

but come on, even at how it looks now.

its still a gorgeous game

hateradio

Himuro said:
Holy shit haterradio :lol
I should do more homework from time to time :D

Originally I wanted them to proposition "the Osaka whore" but then I realized the image was just so weird it could stand on its own.

jiggle said:
http://axts10.web.infoseek.co.jp/kusunoki/2009/04/1810.png

highest rez i've seen
i should have used that one then :lol

rataven

Dam, those are gorgeous. I love the detail. There are fine wrinkles around Lightning's eyes and Snow's scruff looks so realistic.

Top Bottom