• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Teknoman said:
Wait what? So the new scenes are seperate from the actual movie?
That's not the case. All the new scenes are integrated into the movie. It's just that the new scenes look so much prettier in regards to image quality against the original stuff that it's retarded.

Teknoman

donkey show said:
That's not the case. All the new scenes are integrated into the movie. It's just that the new scenes look so much prettier in regards to image quality against the original stuff that it's retarded.

Kagari said:
It's really obvious some of the old scenes are just upscaled. Specifically the church scenes... so blurry D:

Got it...yeah that is pretty messed up. Also now im wishing I would have just put down the money for 2 day shipping or something. Picked air economy bubble from playasia and nothing yet ; ;

Kagari said:
It's really obvious some of the old scenes are just upscaled. Specifically the church scenes... so blurry D:
Seriously? This wasn't mastered in hi def to begin with? Wow. I remember them premiering Advent Children at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood back when it originally came out, it must have looked like shit up on that screen.

Now I really feel like I'm being screwed over by buying this... It's really not in hi-def...

Always-honest said:
never played a FF game in my life.
can you guys/girls tell me what makes these games so good?
i'm thinking of making FF13 m first one..... :S

Are you writing a term paper or something? lol

For me, FF is about plot and narrative. I play Final Fantasy games for their (generally) tightly wrapped stories and unique characterization. Most FFs are as linear as they get, you are playing out an essentially set out story, but thats part of what makes it so enticing to me. Losing yourself in a fully realized world has always been a mainstay of the series. In addition to fantastic production values, the FF series is home to some of the best graphics and music in the industry.

Generally.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
polyh3dron said:
Seriously? This wasn't mastered in hi def to begin with? Wow. I remember them premiering Advent Children at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood back when it originally came out, it must have looked like shit up on that screen.

Now I really feel like I'm being screwed over by buying this... It's really not in hi-def...

4 years ago, were digital projectors common? I can't remember.

LiK

Kagari said:

i think they're noticeable for the slow scenes with that kid, but they integrated really well with the extended action scenes.

zoukka

Always-honest said:
never played a FF game in my life.
can you guys/girls tell me what makes these games so good?
i'm thinking of making FF13 m first one..... :S

Great visuals/audio
Good gameplay which varies greatly from title to title
Best stories in JRPG:s.

These are true for at least IV, VI, VII, VIII and IX. If you can tolerate the graphics I'd say go for VII. If you like more traditional RPG stuff then IV. If you love 2D, then VI.

If you want the most noob-friendly and polished game of the series, then go for IX.

Awntawn

Don't worry about the upscaled scenes, SE is just setting us up for the ACC COMPLETE HD RE-MASTER for the future that they're going to sell us the Versus demo with.

LiK

zoukka said:
Great visuals/audio

These are true for at least IV, VI, VII, VIII and IX. If you can tolerate the graphics I'd say go for VII. If you like more traditional RPG stuff then IV. If you love 2D, then VI.

If you want the most noob-friendly and polished game of the series, then go for IX.

don't forget X :)

Awntawn said:
Don't worry about the upscaled scenes, SE is just setting us up for the ACC COMPLETE HD RE-MASTER for the future that they're going to sell us the Versus demo with.

day 1, everyone bought this ACC for the FFXIII demo anyways :p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Awntawn said:

Something like that. Or they lost the original files and couldn't re-render them:p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
zoukka said:
Great visuals/audio

Don't forget XII, the localization of it makes it a must buy and it would break the monotony of turn based RPGs if he gets tired of them.

neojubei said:
Don't forget XII, the localization of it makes it a must buy and it would break the monotony of turn based RPGs if he gets tired of them.

To be fair, XII had one of the best scripts (in terms of language and general translation) in the series.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awntawn said:

<_<

I'd buy it... for the third time...

LiK

zoukka said:
Well he's a first-timer so I left these out on purpose. X doesn't shine on the storytellin part (and the VA:s suck for most characters) and XII is really different from the rest. And doesn't have a story ;)

i think only Tidus sucked. everyone else was good or great.

and i gotta say that XII is definitely not noob friendly.

neojubei

Kagari said:
It is possible, well, at least with Snow. I never died as Lightning.

Same here. The Boss on Snow's level keeps throwing me in the air and the damage would be around 700 or so, and all I can do is heal, if I attack then up in the air again and death.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:
When the behemoth air juggles you 14 times in a row, it is entirely possible to parish.

That better be a glitch -.-

Yeah... you have to spend all your time healing if that happens because osaka whore is too slow at healing you.

LiK

Kagari said:
It is possible, well, at least with Snow. I never died as Lightning.

really?? i did not know that. that boss seemed pretty easy to me. i just spammed the lvl 3 ice magic on him along with a few regular attacks and he was gone.

i wish there was a trophy for beating the demo without dying once :lol

neojubei

Kagari said:
Yeah... you have to spend all your time healing if that happens because osaka whore is too slow at healing you.

>_< damn. 14 times man, i hope that is not in the full game.

LiK said:
really?? i did not know that. that boss seemed pretty easy to me. i just spammed the lvl 3 ice magic on him along with a few regular attacks and he was gone.

i wish there was a trophy for beating the demo without dying once :lol

So you are saying you never got thrown in the air once?

zoukka said:
Great visuals/audio

thanx

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
>_< damn. 14 times man, i hope that is not in the full game.

So you are saying you never got thrown in the air once?

Makes me wish you could move around on the field...

LiK

Kagari said:
I tried it too lol... but you can't :/ Seems a bit restricting if you ask me.

yea, it's kinda weird since the other enemies are moving around so when they get close, you have that instinct to move away from them while you're charging up for the next attack. kinda jarring after playing FFXII. if there was an option in the final game, that would be pretty cool.

inner-G

Banned
zoukka said:
Well he's a first-timer so I left these out on purpose. X doesn't shine on the storytellin part (and the VA:s suck for most characters) and XII is really different from the rest. And doesn't have a story ;)

I'd disagree and say X had excellent storytelling.

The way Spira was exposed to Tidus (and the player) was great. Since he didn't know about the religions, history, etc, it was all explained in what seemed like a failrly natural way.

Not to mention that the story is excellent and the game is very well-paced imo.

I think it's the most noob-friendly FF, and 'feels' like Final Fantasy more than the other PS2 offerings. It also holds up much better than the PS1 games imo. The music is amazing.

yesh.

edgefusion

So does the ACC film work on a UK PS3? I'm hearing conflicting info on whether or not it plays and I want to know for 100% sure before I take the plunge and order it.

inner-G

Banned
edgefusion said:
So does the ACC film work on a UK PS3? I'm hearing conflicting info on whether or not it plays and I want to know for 100% sure before I take the plunge and order it.
People have confirmed that it does in this thread.

I believe they were running HDTV's I might double-check if you're using a 576i SDTV or whatever UK has.

LiK

edgefusion said:

confirmed in other blu-ray forums that it works. :)

Sage00

Once And Future Member
inner-G said:
I'd disagree and say X had excellent storytelling.

The way Spira was exposed to Tidus (and the player) was great. Since he didn't know about the religions, history, etc, it was all explained in what seemed like a failrly natural way.

Not to mention that the story is excellent and the game is very well-paced imo.

I think it's the most noob-friendly FF, and 'feels' like Final Fantasy more than the other PS2 offerings. It also holds up much better than the PS1 games imo. The music is amazing.

yesh.
Agreed!

StuBurns

Banned
inner-G said:
I believe they were running HDTV's I might double-check if you're using a 576i SDTV or whatever UK has.
This is true. If you only have a 50Hz TV (as some UK residents do) it will only play with a strong green hue. But if any BluRay movies work then you're good to go.

Top Bottom