• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

NeoUltima

lawblob said:
Honestly, I hate to bring it up, but these review sites that seriously use a 100 point rating scale have got to be kidding me. The idea that you can legitimately rate a film, book or video game on a precise 100 point scale is just ludicrous. When I am dictator of gaming, I demand a 5 star system.
I know seriously...How does Gametrailers determine that presentation is 9.4 :lol. I prefer a flat 10 point scale myself. .5 scales aren't bad at all either.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
IronicallyTwisted said:
Has there been any confirmation as to what was removed from the Australian GTA IV?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270649&page=6&highlight=gtaiv+censored+australia

A cut scene was changed. Camera angle changed during
car sex scenes
. Thats about all we really know.

Don't listen to the people saying that the drunk mini games, bad language and blood have been taken out, thats just retarded. I have had a lot of fun with the drinking so far.

MMaRsu

raYne said:
Weren't you watching feeds 24/7? You of all people should've known it was bs.

Also, it didn't happen in SR either. ;)

Yeah pretty much thats why I thought wtf is this shit???

But you're right it didn't happen that bad in SR either...
Dude I tried playing SR last night but after watching GTAIV the car handling and everything just plays like shit. Gunplay & soundtrack are good though :)

NeoUltima

As usual, Gamespot is the last big place to post their review. I bet they don't even put it up until tomorrow, no one left at the site, except maybe Van Ord, is dedicated enough to work on a weekend(even if it is just clicking a few buttons to post the review). Site has been so slow on reviewing things since all the exiles.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Sylar said:
HOLY SHIT @ Niko on the curb. He's actually stepping on to the curb and the ground, instead of just floating.
I'm still amazed that more games don't do that. It's been around since like, OoT.

Gowans

after watching the 1up review crew segment I can not wait to tit around in Free Play online 16 player.

The amount of hours I wasted in crackdown just arsing about :D

Kibbles

Sylar said:
HOLY SHIT @ Niko on the curb. He's actually stepping on to the curb and the ground, instead of just floating.
Yeah I was watching a stream and when Niko goes down stairs he actually takes steps on each stair naturally, it looks really good.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kibbles said:
Yeah I was watching a stream and when Niko goes down stairs he actually takes steps on each stair naturally, it looks really good.
The saddest thing about it is that it took this long to signify how important animation can be to a game's overall look.

What are the chances of me finding this late in the week without a preorder? I'm moving back home on Thursday, so I didn't preorder it or order it online. Will stores have metric shittons?

Wizpig

FIREBABY said:
BEATEN. Damn a multi plat game thats damn near perfect across the board and people still want to fight. Fuck off fanboys. As a gamer we all should be happy to be playing this in the next few days.
That gif is from a 360 version and i'm a 360 owner.
OMG I'M TEH FANBOYZ!!11.

I was just asking about that gif, ok?

gamerx said:

Hooooooly shit!

Fox news are gonna be spoilt for choice :lol :lol

swoon.png

NeoUltima

So how likely do y'all think it is that GTAIV dethrones Ocarina of Time at gamerankings? If it can keep pulling in these perfect scores...

Router said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270649&page=6&highlight=gtaiv+censored+australia

A cut scene was changed. Camera angle changed during
car sex scenes
. Thats about all we really know.

Don't listen to the people saying that the drunk mini games, bad language and blood have been taken out, thats just retarded. I have had a lot of fun with the drinking so far.

Hmm. You know about the second change because you have the game? Thats worrying, as it means there is more than one change in the game.

lexdysia

Banned
Crushed said:
I'm still amazed that more games don't do that. It's been around since like, OoT.

When you get the game, walk alongside a concrete barrier. Parallel, but reallly close. It's reallly funny.

Tek

just a FYI - I just went to gamestop to pay off the strategy guide so that way tomorrow night I can just walk in and out. The clerk told me that they are going to have three lines. One for the people who need to pay off their preorder, one for the people who have it paid off and one for the people who had it paid off and a ticket.

Apparently if you come up there tomorrow after 6 and pay it off or show them that you paid it off, you get this ticket where you can just present the ticket and get your items. If you don't get this ticket then you still have to go up to the counter even if you paid it off.

Not sure how much of a time saver this ticket would be....

Barrett2

Tek said:
just a FYI - I just went to gamestop to pay off the strategy guide so that way tomorrow night I can just walk in and out. The clerk told me that they are going to have three lines. One for the people who need to pay off their preorder, one for the people who have it paid off and one for the people who had it paid off and a ticket.

Apparently if you come up there tomorrow after 6 and pay it off or show them that you paid it off, you get this ticket where you can just present the ticket and get your items. If you don't get this ticket then you still have to go up to the counter even if you paid it off.

You just reminded me of why I refuse to shop at Gamestop. Holy shit.. im' getting a migraine just thinking about it.

Top Bottom