• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

calder

I just watched the GT review (well presented review, lots of good footage and no obvious spoilers unless you want every single thing to be a surprise) and I'm done. No more reviews or media for me, see you punks online early Tuesday morning. :D

For Xbox 360 Players: I saw in another thread that the Special Edition GTA 4 has 1 month of xbox live for free, Will that also be in the Regular Edition of GTA 4, and do you know why they gave 1 month for free instead of 48 hour codes like in halo 3 and crackdown?

Eric WK

Shadowlink123 said:
For Xbox 360 Players: I saw in another thread that the Special Edition GTA 4 has 1 month of xbox live for free, Will that also be in the Regular Edition of GTA 4, and do you know why they gave 1 month for free instead of 48 hour codes like in halo 3 and crackdown?

Yes, it's in every version.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
gosh my day of work on tuesday is going to be awful. I don't get off till like 9. i think I will do midnight on monday but I am afraid I will not go to work tuesday then. I really need the money though.

Smokey

God this game looks so good. Going over a bridge and seeing the skyline in the afternoon and the various freeways and what not is awesome.

Sorry if that seems like such a small thing, but you all shall see what I mean on Tuesday. Scope of this game is really out there.

I've never, ever got into a vehicle of a GTA game and just cruised along. When going from mission to mission I'm actually driving rather slow by GTA standards just because of the amount of detail they've managed to pack in this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh my Cat is there some sort of early release or something ?

Amazon said:
Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

Order Date: April 25, 2008
Order #:
Recipient:
Items shipping soon:
1 of: Grand Theft Auto IV [Playstation]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

I'm sure GT means that the difficulty is actually the most balanced in the series yet....and not stupidly broken, especially in the later parts of the game ala prior GTAs

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What's the paint filter all about? I never noticed that. I'd presume is lowers the FPS since it must be some sort of post-effect.

Loudninja said:
Hey can someone else confirmed that you can use L1 and RI to aim an shoot?

Yes you can.

SpudBud

Smokey Bones said:
God this game looks so good. Going over a bridge and seeing the skyline in the afternoon and the various freeways and what not is awesome.

Sorry if that seems like such a small thing, but you all shall see what I mean on Tuesday. Scope of this game is really out there.
Everytime I look at my friends list you're playing, no fair!

Ether_Snake said:
Yes you can.

have you played it or are you basing it on what the one guy said in the other thread? I just want to get reports from more than one people is all.

and I have my entire plan set for tuesday, I am gonna sleep at 11 PM (earliest in years) before waking up, driving down to gamestop and buying it. Then all day is nonstop GTA4.

Can someone confirm that the popping of words/the raised logo from the case I saw in the other thread are in both versions of the game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Linkzg said:
have you played it or are you basing it on what the one guy said in the other thread? I just want to get reports from more than one people is all.

and I have my entire plan set for tuesday, I am gonna sleep at 11 PM (earliest in years) before waking up, driving down to gamestop and buying it. Then all day is nonstop GTA4.

Oh I just heard it a couple of times. I guess someone here who played the game should confirm it:p

Shadowlink123 said:
Can someone confirm that the popping of words/the raised logo from the case I saw in the other thread are in both versions of the game.

That I am 100% of: yes.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Shadowlink123 said:

I'm like 90% positive it's in both.
Not only was he quicker, he was 10% more sure.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Shadowlink123 said:
Thanks!, It looks like regular edition GTA 4 360 for me then
:D

Wait I thought you mean "both versions" as PS3/360.

It's the limited edtion PS360 (as far as I know)!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Totobeni said:
Oh my Cat is there some sort of early release or something ?

I hope you are kidding, I ordered mine from amazon on march 22 and I am a prime member so i am using one day shipping and they said it will arrive on the 30th.

neojubei said:
I hope you are kidding, I ordered mine from amazon on march 22 and I am a prime member so i am using one day shipping and they said it will arrive on the 30th.

I'll be getting my bundle tommorow from game

Wizpig said:
I read that 3 times and still can't understand what you guys mean by "Driving to X and square".
Do explain!

GTAIV by default has accelerate on R2 and Brake on L2.

The alternate option is what GTA3/VC/SA had where you press X to acclerate and square to brake.

Forsete

Wizpig said:
I read that 3 times and still can't understand what you guys mean by "Driving to X and square".
Do explain!

X = Accelerate
Square = Break

For some odd reason some titles have been beginning to use L2 and R2 for that (GTA4 is one of them), which sucks badly.
As the Sixaxis and DS3 have analogue-face buttons there is no need using the L2 and R2 bottaaahns.

rockstar/take2 were smart to delay the release. look at this. GTA is pretty much going to own spring. everyone is going to buy this game.

i guess they may have last fall also, but there is just nothing out there to stop it at this point

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rockstar/take2 were smart to delay the release. look at this. GTA is pretty much going to own spring. everyone is going to buy this game.

i guess they may have last fall also, but there is just nothing out there to stop it at this point

I don't think it really mattered when this game was released, it's going to sell like crazy no matter what.

newsguy

I should probably know this by now considering I follow the game closely. Was it confirmed at any point that auto lock can be turned off completely in single player? If so, where was it reported?

Smokey

SpudBud said:
Everytime I look at my friends list you're playing, no fair!

:D

I'm pretty sure when you look at it on Tuesday that's ALL you'll see, and with good reason:lol . I haven't even tried MP mode either. I previously thought that MGS4 would hands down have GOTY on look, but I'm really not so sure anymore..and MGS is my favorite gaming series.

newsguy said:
I should probably know this by now considering I follow the game closely. Was it confirmed at any point that auto lock can be turned off completely in single player? If so, where was it reported?
1UP Video Review, Greg Ford said you can.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
newsguy said:

It was confirmed by a few reviews, can't say exactly where, but you definitely can.

Top Bottom