• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MMaRsu

Thrakier said:
Is Snarks spoiler true now or not? MASSIVE SPOILER:
Is Nico really a cop?

No dude goddamn can't you people read a couple pages back? Some dude made that shit up.

derder

UncleGuito said:
What are the chances of me finding this late in the week without a preorder? I'm moving back home on Thursday, so I didn't preorder it or order it online. Will stores have metric shittons?

I went to 2 different EB's and they were both still taking them, one said they were going to have plenty for when people walk in.

Eric WK

_tetsuo_ said:
OXM US game it a 9.5? 0.5 worse than Fight Night Round 3 and 0.5 better than Frontlines?

2433154286_f362a88d82_o.gif

:lol

Seriously, though.

pswii60

Yoboman

"But the star of the show is Niko Bellic; the Eastern European anti-hero is my favorite criminal since Deadwood’s Al Swearengen." - GI

HYPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric WK

Yoboman said:
"But the star of the show is Niko Bellic; the Eastern European anti-hero is my favorite criminal since Deadwood’s Al Swearengen." - GI

Oh baby.

lawblob said:
You just reminded me of why I refuse to shop at Gamestop. Holy shit.. im' getting a migraine just thinking about it.

Indeed. I'll be just fine walking into Target/Wal-Mart before I go to work on Tuesday to get a copy from the hundreds they'll have in stock. Well worth it if just to avoid the throngs of stupid teenagers and pathetic Gamestop employees.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Yoboman said:

Fuck me? FUCK YOU!!

Yoboman said:

"EB WAS LEFT OUT!! EB WAS LEFT OUT!!!"

besada

Banned
Gowans007 said:
after watching the 1up review crew segment I can not wait to tit around in Free Play online 16 player.

The amount of hours I wasted in crackdown just arsing about :D

I also cannot wait. Seriously. There are two Gamestop's within five miles of my house, both attended by women and tiny, frail men.

It's time to rise up and overthrow the street date system, wherein only the douchebags of the world are rewarded with early lovins. Rise, brothers! Seize the means of distribution (Gamestop) and teach the imperialist running dog lackey game publishers that we will no longer wait quietly while pirates and people "with a guy" get to play our games.

GarthVaderUK said:
Reviews and scores so far:

1UP.com: A+
Empire: 5/5
Eurogamer: 10/10
GameInformer: 10/10
GameSpy: 5/5
GamesRadar (360): 10/10
GamesRadar (PS3): 10/10
IGN UK: 10/10
IGN US: 10/10
LEVEL: 10/10
OPM UK: 10/10
OPM US: 5/5
OXM UK: 10/10
PSM3 France: 20/20
PSW: 10/10
TeamXbox: 10/10
EGM: A+, A+, A
GameTrailers: 9.8/10
Xbox World 360: 98%
CVG: 9.5/10
OXM US: 9.5/10

Am I missing any? Cheers.

Don't the "low" 9.5 in OXM and 9.8 in Xbox World only decrease the 360 version's score?

Will this mean the PS3 version will now have a higher metacritic score than the 360 version??

MMaRsu

besada said:
I also cannot wait. Seriously. There are two Gamestop's within five miles of my house, both attended by women and tiny, frail men.

It's time to rise up and overthrow the street date system, wherein only the douchebags of the world are rewarded with early lovins. Rise, brothers! Seize the means of distribution (Gamestop) and teach the imperialist running dog lackey game publishers that we will no longer wait quietly while pirates and people "with a guy" get to play our games.

Dude rob them but give them the money anyway, that way they can't really charge you with anything can they?

PuppetMaster said:
Don't the "low" 9.5 in OXM and 9.8 in Xbox World only decrease the 360 version's score?

Will this mean the PS3 version will now have a higher metacritic score than the 360 version??

Does it REALLY FUCKING MATTER? Jesus...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MMaRsu said:
Dude rob them but give them the money anyway, that way they can't really charge you with anything can they?

Does it REALLY FUCKING MATTER? Jesus...
Yeah, we did it with Mexico and it worked out ok.

Eric WK

PuppetMaster said:

Who gives a fuck, honestly?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
PuppetMaster said:

Does it really matter? just buy it on whatever you own. if you own both choose between dlc or a sharper image. not a big deal as long as its still fun.

PuppetMaster said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*cancels preorder*

FIREBABY

PuppetMaster said:

OXM US is a joke more than anything. And not just because of the score they gave GTA. I read this mag for 8 months and the reveiws were more over the place than EGM was prior to the Letter scoring system.

PuppetMaster said:

You're so right, dude. I'm going to go sell my 360 and get a PS3 instead just for GTA IV.

MMaRsu

PuppetMaster said:
What forum did you think you were posting on when you wrote that?

This forum? What the fuck dude who gives a shit which version has a higher metacritic?

Also this is not the thread for that kind of junk, there is a comparison fanboy whatever thread for that bullshit. I'd rather not read it in here because noone really cares.

PuppetMaster said:
What forum did you think you were posting on when you wrote that?

I should ask you the same thing ;)

So, ok...

Now because of this bloody game, I have to move MGS4 into movie status, as I am frightfully worried that GTA4 might end up being my game of the year.

MGS4 will be my movie of the year.

And thus everyone wins.

Smash Bros Brawl gets album of the year.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that the paint filter applied to cover some of the game's imperfections appeared a tiny bit muddier on the **** version -website

Wait, the paint filter is in the game.
I thought everyone said it was just in screenshots.

MMaRsu

Jtwo said:
I noticed that the paint filter applied to cover some of the game's imperfections appeared a tiny bit muddier on the **** version -website

Wait, the paint filter is in the game.
I thought everyone said it was just in screenshots.

You can turn it off.

MMaRsu

Man why is gamevideos.com always such a slow ass site. I'm downloading that video review @ 100kb/s :|

GT.com review downloaded with approx 600kb/s or something

Eric WK

Himuro said:
I don't like how the Game trailers review says it's the most accessible GTA yet and that they only got busted a handful of times.

How is that a good thing? I like hard difficulty.

Yeah, that was the only thing that I was worried about from the review.

Narcosis

Himuro said:
I don't like how the Game trailers review says it's the most accessible GTA yet and that they only got busted a handful of times.

I like the challenge too, my hope is that they mean the BS stuff from the previous games has been fixed, such as failing missions because the AI of someone you're with is so stupid they kill themselves by going off a ledge or something like that.

Himuro said:

I don't get that. All the interviews with Dan Houser have him saying it's the hardest and most punishing GTA yet.

Top Bottom