• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

nofi

Xdrive05 said:
I thought there were certain missions you can do with co-op, just not the whole storyline. Wasn't that in a few different reviews?

I've missed a major part of the game if this is true... Not sure, sorry.

gofreak said:
A question..I haven't read reviews because I want to be as 'fresh' as possible going into it. But..

In the PS3 version, online, is it easy to get into a game with your friends? Or is their random matchmaking? Or both?

It's random from what I tested over the weekend, but there weren't many people online. Both options seemed to randomly throw me into a game lobby or game, with a random person hosting.

You can invite friends though, via the phone.

edit: You can also call people you're playing with via the phone, using the mic. It's ace.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've got to say. And I know it seems strange. But i'm really looking forward to playing a game of Pool in this game.

Tr4nce

nofi said:
I've missed a major part of the game if this is true... Not sure, sorry.

It's random from what I tested over the weekend, but there weren't many people online. Both options seemed to randomly throw me into a game lobby or game, with a random person hosting.

You can invite friends though, via the phone.

edit: You can also call people you're playing with via the phone, using the mic. It's ace.

There's also a Party Mode, which should make it easier to play with your friends, right?

8bit

Knows the Score
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm most surprised that they replicated the PS1 MoMA museum, but named it after the best comic book store in the UK.

That's seriously the coolest thing anyone has ever done in a video game.

Ever.

There's a place named after AKA Books & Comics?

painey

its out now in new zealand but the social club is still not up.. im not starting my game until the social club is going and im getting really worried its not gunna be working tomorrow

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
To help get everyone in the mood and pass the time:

2zokaah.jpg

The Real Sounds Of Liberty City Vol. 1: "I'm Sorry, Vlad. I Can't Hear Your Dialogue Over The Music."

Note: This Link Is To My Muxtape Page And, Days Later, When You Come Across This Post, These Songs May Well Be Replaced. So They Are Listed Here.

1. "New York City" by Cub
2. "Return Of The Crooklyn Dodgers" by The Crooklyn Dodgers
3. "The Game Needed Me" by Minus The Bear
4. "The Grind Date" by De La Soul
5. "The City" by The Dismemberment Plan
6. "(718)" by 2 Skinnee J's
7. "Run" by Ghostface Killah (f. Jadakiss)
8. "212" by Soul Coughing
9. "No City" by Aesop Rock
10. "Alphabet Town" by Elliott Smith
11. "Ridiculoid" by Cannibal Ox
12. "New York I Love You" by LCD Soundsystem

Shit! Why'd I go to sleep before you posted this?

Glad I looked through everything I missed.

5. "The City" by The Dismemberment Plan - Fantastic choice, Ben. All of the ones I know are, actually and I'm sure the rest are too.

Eric WK said:
Shit! Why'd I go to sleep before you posted this?

Glad I looked through everything I missed.

5. "The City" by The Dismemberment Plan - Fantastic choice, Ben. All of the ones I know are, actually and I'm sure the rest are too.

YAY!

Someone bumped it for Release Date Eve Proper.

I hope you like the whole thing. And everyone else too.

I was hoping to post it Not At Like 3 AM but Muxtape was being such a tetchy little beeyotch. One song would take like fifteen minutes to upload, the next like two.

Anyway. It's all there now.

ENJOY, EVERYONE!

Kuran

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Tons of Bart Smit stores are selling it in Belgium. But some are not.
Brugge, Gent and Genk are definitely selling it.

€64,96

Call your local store now, reserve a copy, and go get it.

(oh, and it's only 2pm, April 28)

Just called Brugge... they're not selling it. Wtf?

8bit

Knows the Score
nofi said:
The one near Trongate? Awesome.

It used to be in the Virginia Galleries, but M&S dug too close to their foundations and it collapsed.

101751837_f4a72eabf0.jpg

:(

Benjamin, in the UK a P45 is a document you receive when you leave/are asked to leave a job so the name might have come from that and not necessarily from the comic shop. It probably took the name from the same thing.

8bit said:
Benjamin, in the UK a P45 is a document you receive when you leave/are asked to leave a job so the name might have come from that and not necessarily from the comic shop. It probably took the name from the same thing.

So many levels!

;D

Salazar

Catching a bus first thing tomorrow to get it as early as I can. I only just now read up on the soundtrack, and it's shot to the top of the list of things I'm hyped about. I may have to buy speakers to go with this game. It's as good an excuse as any.

Tr4nce

Wizpig said:
Dear GAF, i'm going out now to buy my copy of GTA 4 for the Xbox 360.
Cheers.
A loyal Italian GAFfer.

You lucky man! What goes for the others, goes for you too: impressions ASAP, please!

dejay

Banned
Man it's going to be freezing out - I'm shivering in my room because I don't like having the heat on before going to bed and I've been laying on the bed watching DVDs and now I got up and I'm all cold.

Niko will keep me warm for a few hours tonight any way. It's 48 minutes to release but I think I'll rock up at 15 past or something like that.

j-wood

Jason's Ultimatum said:
AAAAAAAH! Tommorrow is going to be a long wait.

Any chances of Target, Walmart, Best Buy, or Circuit City selling it today?

Live a little. Drive yourself to the nearest gamestop for the midnight launch

pxleyes

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
AAAAAAAH! Tommorrow is going to be a long wait.

Any chances of Target, Walmart, Best Buy, or Circuit City selling it today?
I'm just going to drive to my local Wal-Mart at midnight and pick it up then. Special Edition here I come.

dejay

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Fuck no. What am I suppose to talk about? The latest furry magazine or WoW add on? :lol

I'm guessing most people would be talking about GTA - you know, much as you're doing now.

NZNova

Well it's 1.30 now and I've been playing GTA4 since I got home with it. This is the first GTA game I've really gotten into since GTA3 since I kinda skipped VC and SA. This game is really blowing me away with the feel of the city compared to GTA3, and no mistaking. Great game so far. :D

Time for bed, then more tomorrow...

dejay

Banned
NZNova said:
Well it's 1.30 now and I've been playing GTA4 since I got home with it. This is the first GTA game I've really gotten into since GTA3 since I kinda skipped VC and SA. This game is really blowing me away with the feel of the city compared to GTA3, and no mistaking. Great game so far. :D

Time for bed, then more tomorrow...

Damned Kiwis!!!!! :mad:

20 minutes....

Pakman

Xdrive05 said:
I thought there were certain missions you can do with co-op, just not the whole storyline. Wasn't that in a few different reviews?

I don't think the co-op is related to the main storyline at all. You play as different characters (aka not Niko). And you only get a few missions. IGN's review said while it was fun - you'll probably only play it a few times since the other stuff's more entertaining.

Gremmie4

Since some people have the game now, can anyone comment on the flow of the story with regards to missions? I played all 3 gta games on the PS2 and LCS on the PSP, but I never finished one. On those games, it always seemed like there would be quite a few missions that didn't really affect the narrative of the story much, and the story for me would kind of just bog down until I became bored with it and stopped playing the game. So I had initially decided to skip on GTA4 because of this, but after watching some videos and hearing about the great story, it seems the story and experience is to good to pass up.

Also, does anyone know the audio options for the PS3? I'm assuming it is just dolby digital but I would love uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio if it is there.

I better not have any issues getting a copy tomorrow after work. I can't deprive myself of sleep tonight. Tomorrows work day is going to be torturous enough as it is.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just got back from a Launch Party, we were all set to play GTAIV on the big screen in the cinema but Take 2 rings up and so "Oh no you don't"

Bunch of pricks.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Eric WK said:
Just show up at like 12:15, walk in and get your game.
Yeah that's what I am doing. It's now almost 12am, going to finish the rest of my tea then go put some fuel in the car and maybe buy a snack or two before I hit EB.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I even heard people talking about the game during the subway ride this morning. Three or four people were talking about where they were going to get it at midnight. Going to be an epic week.

Top Bottom