• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Xdrive05

h3ro said:
This is going to be one looooonnnggg day... I feel the shakes comin' on. :lol

Do something to keep busy and get your mind off it. I have a list of chores that would make your head spin. It's the only way to not have a meltdown before tonight...

J2 Cool

VOOK said:
Just got back from a Launch Party, we were all set to play GTAIV on the big screen in the cinema but Take 2 rings up and so "Oh no you don't"

Bunch of pricks.

:lol Bewteen The Dark Knight trailer at 5:30ct and the launch at midnight, today's going to be ridiculous.

dreadfulwater

aka morbidesque
Jason's Ultimatum said:
AAAAAAAH! Tommorrow is going to be a long wait.

Any chances of Target, Walmart, Best Buy, or Circuit City selling it today?

I dont think so. I got a pickup notification E-mail from Best Buy. they told me to come get it tomorrow.

Can you guys help me with my sub woofer problem so I can get it working before GTA tonight?

I recently purchased an entire new 5.1 sound system and receiver. Everything is fine, Except I cannot get my sub woofer to work! Ive tried and tried.

Here is the receiver
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=10420&i=158STDG910&tp=179

Here is the Sub
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=12300&i=107PSW110B&tp=187

I have a subwoofer cable running from the sub out on the receiver to the LFE in on the Sub, should I run it a different way?

voltron

VOOK said:
Just got back from a Launch Party, we were all set to play GTAIV on the big screen in the cinema but Take 2 rings up and so "Oh no you don't"

Bunch of pricks.

Yeah I just saw you on playing it thru xbox.com -- Im in Perth atm so no midnight launch for me.

Why did T2 stop the cinema thing?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ok, now I have 23 people on my friends list all playing GTAIV. All Australians and Kiwis. The only other person online is an American friend playing Ultimate Alliance. :lol

*EDIT*

I'm just happy that I can play it online now without fear of the ban hammer from Microsoft.

FrankT

Wizpig said:
foto57it9.jpg

75 €
Bye.

Awesome

voltron

Router said:
*EDIT*

I'm just happy that I can play it online now without fear of the ban hammer from Microsoft.

Well youve only got yourself to blame for that fear. How many times do people have to be told that you dont get banned for playing a game early, ffs.

mandiller

Just picked up my copy from EB Games Australia midnight launch. Started playing, the game looks and plays awesome. I'm very impressed so far.

Wollan

Just came home from launch, EB @ Melbourne Central (AU).

15to12.jpg

15min to 12.

5to12.jpg

5min to 12.
Over 300 pre-orders at store. Over 80 present for pickup tonight.

wollangta.jpg

Marched straight home. 00:30.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
voltron said:
Well youve only got yourself to blame for that fear. How many times do people have to be told that you dont get banned for playing a game early, ffs.

Actually, I have the Microsoft employee who provided me the game to thank. He told me not to play online before midnight tonight for a number of reasons.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Wollan said:

I used to come up those escalators on my way to work every day. Melbourne people don't know how to use escalators. They stand two across blocking everyone who is in a hurry. :p

voltron

Router said:
Actually, I have the Microsoft employee who provided me the game to thank. He told me not to play online before midnight tonight for a number of reasons.

Guess its a little different for you since a MS employee gave it to you.

Wollan said:

15to12.jpg

15min to 12.

5to12.jpg

5min to 12.
Over 300 pre-orders at store. Over 80 present for pickup tonight.

wollangta.jpg

Marched straight home. 00:30.
Have you posted these kind of things before? Of another midnight launch, because I think I recognize that store lol. (Although I never have been there..)

Foster

Has anyone who ordered their copy from HMV (UK) had their tracking number become active yet? mine still says come back later but im really starting to worry now :/

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon.co.uk dispatched my SE this morning. Whats the chances it will be here tomorrow? (First Class of course)

In his first newspaper interview, Leslie Benzies, 37, president of the Edinburgh-based gaming company Rockstar North, says its games are victims of the same misplaced moral panic that greeted rock’n’roll.

Commenting on the Manhunt furore, Benzies said: “We wanted to make a horror game that would scare you in the same way a film would.

“It doesn’t seem to me to be any worse than a film. If it’s a film or a book, you can do what you want. We seem to be in a different category.”

However, Benzies claims that some of those who criticise his games are unnerved by progress. “There is a big fear factor here. It’s the coming of the railways, it’s Elvis shaking his hips. It’s cars going over 25 miles per hour and making people explode,” he said.

“We’ve had such a beating over the past three years. If I get into a confrontation about it, once I’ve had my beating, I ask if they’ve ever played the game. Invariably they haven’t.”

Benzies said that he was mindful of the game’s 18 certificate and would not allow his children to play it, adding: “We’re very careful about who we market the game to and what is in the game.”
via Develop Magazine

Lonestar said:
gta.jpg

:D It's like I get $15 bucks off!
Here in Sweden you can get it for 399:-, with the standard retail price being 599:-. How they make money I don't know and I don't care. Too bad I traded in three games in a preorder deal (GTAIV+100:- store credit) eight months ago. :(

You can't get money back from such deals can you?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
VibratingDonkey said:
Here in Sweden you can get it for 399:-, with the standard retail price being 599:-. How they make money I don't know and I don't care. Too bad I traded in three games in a preorder deal (GTAIV+100:- store credit) eight months ago. :(

You can't get money back from such deals can you?

Gamefly is like a rental system online. Choose games for this company to send to you, to "rent" for as long as you want. $20 bucks a month flat fee. They have the option for you to keep it for the amount listed (plus some % off and coupons for staying a member longer). The only thing I won't have is the box (they send the CD/DVD in a sleeve)

Firewire

Banned
Don't know if anything was posted about this so....

Just got back from my EB Games, apparently everyone that pre-ordered the PS3 regular version of GTA4 is supposed to get a GTA4 Lolli pop girl poster (looks awesome!). I asked about the 360, and the guy said he didn't know about posters or any other give aways for the 360 version.

Guess we will all find out very soon.

Cheeto

Anyone else see "muddiness" in the 360 version? Maybe it's my bad eye sight, but it seems like anything beyond 20 meters or so gets a weird Van Gogh paint filter placed over it. Anyone else see that? I'm think maybe setting the 360 to 720p as apposed to 1080p might help, but I don't know.

WhatRuOn said:
Anyone else see "muddiness" in the 360 version? Maybe it's my bad eye sight, but it seems like anything beyond 20 meters or so gets a weird Van Gogh paint filter placed over it. Anyone else see that? I'm think maybe setting the 360 to 720p as apposed to 1080p might help, but I don't know.

Isn't there a filter that can be turned off?

Top Bottom