• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

KGKK said:
I was just wondering about that too. I just went to the site and don't see anything about adding in our PSN ID.

Hmmm I guess we will know something hopefully at midnight. I also wonder if it can do backwards tracking for games like Bully which I still need to complete. Awesome game btw. I had to repurchase The Warriors on PS2. I have it for my XBOX but who knows when it is going to be BC, Glad the 60 gig PS3 is fully BC :D

dork

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
I went to gamestop earlier today and was laughed out of the store when I said I was going to pick it up tonight at walmart. =(

I got even with their magazine racks though.

we got ride of magazines :)

Ploid 3.0

Oops

upstruck_2.jpg

I'm just late.

Dommel

Game of the Year for me, and that already in April!

Only problem I have are with the 'double' missions. You go somewhere, clean out an area/building and after that the cops arrive while you're already very low on health.

If you die, there's no checkpoint or anything. You have to do all that shit over again, starting with driving to the location.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! I just came home from midnight launch in Sweden!

140 people, MIGHTY impressive for such a small town :D!

Fuck, it was amazing!!!!!

Sylar

Banned
I can't take anything involving Brian Crecente serious anymore after the Eegra video. Everytime he talks I get "I am BRIAN CREEEEECENTE" in my head. :lol

Got it from the midnight launch at my Gamestation, a nice late birthday present for my sister. Not gonna play now, but nice to see the little Gamestation gather quite a few people, at least 30 people what i saw. Didn't take any photos unfortunately, and didn't have much time to talk to colleagues about stock but PS3 version >>> 360 version

I love the lettering on the case, so bumpy :)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
flipping_heck said:
Got it from the midnight launch at my Gamestation, a nice late birthday present for my sister. Not gonna play now, but nice to see the little Gamestation gather quite a few people, at least 30 people what i saw. Didn't take any photos unfortunately, and didn't have much time to talk to colleagues about stock but PS3 version >>> 360 version
Are you just pushing your agenda or are you saying you counted more people walking out with the PS3 version than the 360 version?

NinjaFridge said:
I've been getting that a few times tonight also. I managed to get to the site without that coming up but when i clicked on 'Edit Profile' it came back up.

Yep locked out too. Hopefully they are getting it ready.

I'm expecting my game to arrive tomorrow via UPS (Gamestop.com), but I'll be working tomorrow, so I think I'm going to try to pick it up tonight at the Midnight release so I can get some time in tonight.

Do you think they'll let me buy it or pre-orders only?
If pre-orders only, do you think I can go and pre-order now for tonight? :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Oh gosh, the PS3 vs. 360 discussions should be contained in the other thread

And I'm tempted to go to any local Midnight releases tonight

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
got my copy, midnight launch in Belgium. Eh, wow. This store previously had a midnight launch when Halo 3 came out, 5 people showed up. Now it had people waiting in line outside, was lucky to be early enough to wait inside.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is the color mastering absolute shit for anyone else (360)? I have my CRT HDTV calibrated correctly and the entire game just looks way too dark. The cell phone is almost completely unreadable. Dark green background with black text was not a good design decision. Even messing with the contrast/brightness settings in game doesn't fix it. If I set my TV to torch mode I can read it fine, but the game looks like total ass.

vumpler

Revolutionary said:
I'm expecting my game to arrive tomorrow via UPS (Gamestop.com), but I'll be working tomorrow, so I think I'm going to try to pick it up tonight at the Midnight release so I can get some time in tonight.

Yes you can go now to pre-order because I just did 10 minutes ago. You might want to call to see if they have any left for your system.

Smokey

alr1ghtstart said:
Is the color mastering absolute shit for anyone else (360)? I have my CRT HDTV calibrated correctly and the entire game just looks way too dark. The cell phone is almost completely unreadable. Dark green background with black text was not a good design decision. Even messing with the contrast/brightness settings in game doesn't fix it. If I set my TV to torch mode I can read it fine, but the game looks like total ass.

No problem here. I play on a Sony HD CRT.

derder

vumpler said:
Are you just pushing your agenda or are you saying you counted more people walking out with the PS3 version than the 360 version?
We'll find out if he actually takes the time to respond to that question :lol :lol :lol

traveler

Not Wario
Revolutionary said:

Nope. Tried to preorder last Friday and they wouldn't let me. Said I could check back at night though.

Edit: WTF Guess my clerks were idiots then.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Omg, I know I'm gonna feel like such a dork for actually going to this thing but the gamestop thats only 2 Minutes away is having a Midnight Launch. Does anyone know how many Copies are being sent to each Gamestop?

alr1ghtstart said:

Isn't there in game settings you can mess with? i never had any issue on my LG HD CRT

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, look what I have!
GTA4isMINE.jpg

<3 Blockbuster midnight launch! :D (Around 100 people turned up to a small town launch event, madness)

Off I go to play the game: 360 gamer tag is StopItOmega, feel free to add me.

Wee! :D

Walshicus

I now have this game. WHEE!

EDIT: What is the second DVD I got in my bag? Ooohhh! Gamerpics and 500MSP! :D

EDIT2: Okay, not a DVD, just a code sheet... in a fucking nice case.

vumpler

alr1ghtstart said:
That was my complaint about No More Heroes. The actual art style was pure black in the shadows and from some angles not correctable by any measure.

If this game to to dark I guess I'll just have to suffice it looking like ass and crank up the contrast and brightness off calibration.

Darunia said:
got my copy, midnight launch in Belgium. Eh, wow. This store previously had a midnight launch when Halo 3 came out, 5 people showed up. Now it had people waiting in line outside, was lucky to be early enough to wait inside.

Which version? If you got the 360, lets get together for some MP.

N/M, saw ur post in that "other" GTA4 topic. We will definitely have to get in some multiplayer!

mr stroke

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I went to gamestop earlier today and was laughed out of the store when I said I was going to pick it up tonight at walmart. =(

I got even with their magazine racks though.

So whats the consensus on walking into BB or Walmart tomarow to pick this up? the blow hards at Gamestop are crying the "if you don't PRE-ORDER you won't be able to find the game until x-mas" bullshit. I am going to asume BB and WM have stacks of games in all of there locations????

Evlar

Banned
mr stroke said:
So whats the consensus on walking into BB or Walmart tomarow to pick this up? the blow hards at Gamestop are crying the "if you don't PRE-ORDER you won't be able to find the game until x-mas" bullshit. I am going to asume BB and WM have stacks of games in all of there locations????
Best Buy at least is guaranteed to have shitloads. Don't know how long they'll stay in stock if the predictions of "bigger than Halo 3" hold true...

ultron87

mr stroke said:

I honestly believe that every Best Buy and Walmart is going to have gigantic piles of this game. I really think anyone will be able to buy this tomorrow if they walk into a store.

BobM

Im actually really getting curious about just how big this game will open. The buzz around htis game in my town is pretty big.

mabuza

Banned
vumpler said:
if you check his post history you'll realise he has no agenda to push.

Magnus

Yeah, the cell phone display is nightmarish, unfortunately. I had to readjust the game for my otherwise well-calibrated TV, it was way too dark. I still have to squint a bit to read the display. Black on dark bluish/green was not a great idea.

PS3 version, btw. :(

the next 80 minutes will be the longest 80 minutes of my life

atleast while im waiting at gamestop ill be slightly entertained while waiting

TTG

The Chef said:
Had to cancel my preorder at one gamestop and switch it to another that is doing the midnight launch tonight. The gamestop guy asks me if I'm planning on getting it at midnight to which he says "Ok so we start tonight at 8:00" "8:00?" i say "For what?" "Oh for the RC Car racing event" o_O

Ummm... yea. I think I'll just walk in tomorrow morning to pick up my copy. Looks like it's gonna be a zoo there. I can still remember the Halo 2 launch.

I do not have the game on pre-order. Let's just get that out of the way now.

I called my closest GameStop (we have 4, this one is 5 mins away). They are doing a midnight launch for EVERYONE. I asked if I needed to have a pre-order and his exact words were "of course not. We'd love to sell you the game without a pre-order. Just come on down and see us at midnight, its going to be a lot of fun."

Blockbuster was the exact opposite. Its pre-orders only and they are completely sold out anyway and unable to do more orders.

Circuit City is not doing a midnight launch. They open at 10AM tomorrow.

Best Buy has some locations doing the midnight thing, but none in my area.

Wal-Mart will sell the game at 12:01 tonight. Most Wal-Marts never close.

Good luck and happy hunting gang!

Top Bottom