• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

ultron87

Hooray for Meijer having the game at midnight. I can totally avoid the rush at associated Best Buys and Gamestops.

I might just start going there for all midnight releases, they certainly worked well for Smash Brothers when our Gamestop wimped out and closed due to a slight blizzard.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
MomoPufflet said:
sqjt4m.jpg

I sympathize.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Who is that guy with the IKEA videogame store? I wonder is he having a party tonight. Seeing those pics would be cool.

Klaxon said:
GAF logo nipple pasties?
Can we have merch get on that please?
general thoughts are people want to play for a fw hours at least before we go multiplayer crazy. Its harder because of the time zones, but I'm willing to do it when ever. I'd check a few hours after midnight for gaf games. I imagine there will be lots of them.

This question is aimed at PS3 owners, are most of you guys playing single player tonight, or are you jumping into multiplayer? I just don't want to be left out of some awesome matches.

Cheebs said:
Does this have all those cheats of the previous ones? They were always so much fun to play around with.

Cheats - enter these into the mobile phone - cheats are stored once entered and can be toggled.

Health And Weapons Call GTA-555-0100
Weapons Call GUN-555-0150
Advanced Weapons Call GUN-555-0100
Health Call DOC-555-0100
Wanted Level Down Call COP-555-0100
Wanted Level Up Call COP-555-0150
Climate Change Call HOT-555-0100
Spawn Cognoscenti (Mafia Car) Call CAR-555-0142
Spawn Sanchez (Dirt Bike) Call MBK-555-0150
Spawn FBI Buffalo Call CAR-555-0100
Spawn Turismo Call CAR-555-0147
Spawn NRG900 Call MBK-555-0100
Spawn Comet Call CAR-555-0175
Spawn SuperGT Call CAR-555-0168
Spawn Police Chopper Call FLY-555-0100
Spawn Jetmax(Boat) Call WET-555-0100

Cheebs

Klaxon said:
Cheats - enter these into the mobile phone - cheats are stored once entered and can be toggled.

Health And Weapons Call GTA-555-0100
Weapons Call GUN-555-0150
Advanced Weapons Call GUN-555-0100
Health Call DOC-555-0100
Wanted Level Down Call COP-555-0100
Wanted Level Up Call COP-555-0150
Climate Change Call HOT-555-0100
Spawn Cognoscenti (Mafia Car) Call CAR-555-0142
Spawn Sanchez (Dirt Bike) Call MBK-555-0150
Spawn FBI Buffalo Call CAR-555-0100
Spawn Turismo Call CAR-555-0147
Spawn NRG900 Call MBK-555-0100
Spawn Comet Call CAR-555-0175
Spawn SuperGT Call CAR-555-0168
Spawn Police Chopper Call FLY-555-0100
Spawn Jetmax(Boat) Call WET-555-0100

Sounds awesome. Love the idea of using the phone.

Riptwo

There's a part of me that wants to get in line for the midnight launch right now, but my handhelds don't have the necessary battery power to get me through it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Four hours of free-roaming chaos with a friend throughout the entire Liberty City, still doing it, and not even bored...

Rockstar is amazing, wow.

And the cellphone is the shit - you can even automatically add people in the room to your phone book, and make private calls to them, besides inviting friends and viewing the room settings etc. with it...

The city's detail is just gorgeous - sometimes we just cruised around, admiring the view - love the fog effects as well as the rain effects here as well...

And all those videos of people driving like retards, forget about them - the cars handle brilliantly - you just have to handle it like a real car - ease into turns, don't just floor it, etc.... I'm seriously impressed with how they handle...

It even got to the point while driving around that I got tired of saying "DAMN that detail looks amazing!"

I was gonna post some details of some of the most detailed interiors with zero loading that we've come across, but I won't spoil you guys - I'll let your jaws drop for themselves on your own... :D

Oh, and in the 4 hours, ZERO popups, ZERO lag, ZERO framerate hitches - it's just the two of us, but still - we had rocket spawns and blowing the crap up out of the cops...

I'm this amazed and haven't even stepped a foot out of Roman's apparent to start a mission... it blew whatever expectations I had way out of the water, and I seriously think that it's all due to the extra six months of delay...

Whether I buy this game on PS3 or just wait till the PC version basically hinges on there being force feedback wheel support in the game. Anybody have an answer to that?

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm going to Walmart to get my SE tonight at 12pm, I have it also pre-ordered at Gamespot just in case. I'm thinking that $5 on GTA will end up going towards MGS4. Don't let me down Walmart, I want to get my GTA on tonight!

MercuryLS

Banned
reminder said:
It uses your PSN ID :)

What? I was looking forward to getting a Rockstar ID then having to download two patches before I even get to play. And then have the servers completely die on me when I tried to log in. So disappointing :/

i have just under 4 hours before my 10 hour shift ends and i get in line to get my copy

anticipation rising, im glad i havent been following the game ultra closely

Beaulieu

Skilotonn said:
Four hours of free-roaming chaos with a friend throughout the entire Liberty City, still doing it, and not even bored...

And the cellphone is the shit - you can even automatically add people in the room to your phone book, and make private calls to them, besides inviting friends and viewing the room settings etc. with it...

The city's detail is just gorgeous - sometimes we just cruised around, admiring the view - love the fog effects as well as the rain effects here as well...

And all those videos of people driving like retards, forget about them - the cars handle brilliantly - you just have to handle it like a real car - ease into turns, don't just floor it, etc.... I'm seriously impressed with how they handle...

It even got to the point while driving around that I got tired of saying "DAMN that detail looks amazing!"

I was gonna post some details of some of the most detailed interiors with zero loading that we've come across, but I won't spoil you guys - I'll let your jaws drop for themselves on your own... :D

Oh, and in the 4 hours, ZERO popups, ZERO lag, ZERO framerate hitches - it's just the two of us, but still - we had rocket spawns and blowing the crap up out of the cops...

I'm this amazed and haven't even stepped a foot out of Roman's apparent to start a mission... it blew whatever expectations I had way out of the water, and I seriously think that it's all due to the extra six months of delay...

can we actually free raom with cops activated ? :eek:
16 players?
Can you trigger more than one star ?
In GTA 2 in multiplayer you could only trigger 1 star in multi.
16 Players VS the army would be awesome.

Is the army even there in GTA4 ? Havent seen a video of it yet... any tanks ?

MercuryLS

Banned
Beaulieu said:
16 players?

I don't think there's any army in the game :(

I got the highest amount of stars in the game at one point and didn't see any army dudes or tanks.

Beaulieu said:
16 players?

Cops activated in Free Roam i think...just saw it on Jimmy the Bums feed

MercuryLS said:
What? I was looking forward to getting a Rockstar ID then having to download two patches before I even get to play. And then have the servers completely die on me when I tried to log in. So disappointing :/
lawl

i just dealt with the mess of the MGO beta yesterday took me 5 hours to get everything working..gg konami

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So wait, only if the cheat is on the achievement is blocked or the achievement is blocked forever?

woodchuck said:
if you do Free Roam with a friend online, how much of the city is unlocked?
ALL OF IT :D

Just tried it by myself (in party mode). The city was full of weapons and helicopters and stuff. Also fully populated (police seemed to be turned off.)

Pre-ordered the PS3 version on Amazon last week.

It came in today...

Now, half of my company is in my cubicle watching one of my co-workers run through the first few missions. :lol

MercuryLS

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Everything.

I don't know how they did it with 16 players, but hell I can't complain.

I can't wait to try "King Kong" in free mode. It's a made up playtype where 8 players are put on the empire state building with rocket launchers while the rest are in helicopters trying to take them out. I don't remember where I read about this improvised gameplay mode, but it sounds awesome.

Skilotonn said:

j76l90.jpg

Top Bottom