• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Narcosis

Iamthegamer said:
Oh woops, 360. Just 360 game suggestions please. :D

I don't know your taste in games, but I'm thinking Ninja gaiden II which releases early June looks pretty kickass.

As for GTA IV, my pre order has shipped, I'll be playing as soon as I get off work tomorow. :D

ps3'ers, how's MP? Specifically how's voice chat? I've been playing MGO and dammit voice chat on the ps3 still sucks imo. i really want the ps3 version, but i just want a smooth MP experience all around

Smidget

Jeff-DSA said:
Any idea on how heavy it is with the f-bombs?

My wife doesn't mind the violence because she just doesn't have to watch, but the constant swearing drives her from the room. She's just not comfortable with it. If it's not too bad, I could play it around her, but if it's like Saint's Row (just stuffin' them everywhere), I think it's a post-midnight game.

Tons of cursing. Driving around you just hear "Whoa you almost fucking hit me!" etc.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so CC isn't doing any midnight launches? Grabbing it from them tomorrow, but I'm going to have to do online for store pickup as I'll be at work during the day. But if they're doing midnight I'll go then.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I'm bored as piss at work until 10pm. I can't believe there isn't a PDF of the strategy guide circulating around yet. I need something to look at until I get my bundle at midnight.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
SuperEnemyCrab said:
trading in the orange box is a sin. Even if you get CoD4. Give blood, steal from the elderly, whatever it takes, but keep the orange box. :D

Get CoD4
Any word on when we'll get COd5? I don't want ot pick up the game and then have them announce that a new COD is coming out Wednesday.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
borghe said:
so CC isn't doing any midnight launches? Grabbing it from them tomorrow, but I'm going to have to do online for store pickup as I'll be at work during the day. But if they're doing midnight I'll go then.
Holy shit on a related note a commercial just came across the TV saying you get a free $10 gift card when you get GTA4 from them. Fuck me.

besada

Banned
AstroLad said:
Yes, Amazon shipped!

Suckers, I'll be playing it before all of you (one-day shipping) haha yes!

I'll be playing in approximately four hours, so hah.

Oh, and if you have room on the old Friends List...

Iamthegamer said:
Any word on when we'll get COd5? I don't want ot pick up the game and then have them announce that a new COD is coming out Wednesday.

Don't worry. CoD5 is a ways off. And I wouldn't even get your hopes up about it considering it's from the company that brought us CoD3.

Goddamn it. Have a project due tomorrow and I know if I get it at midnight I'll be up all night not getting anything done. Tomorrow at 1pm for me I guess :/

raYne

spermatic cord said:
So do you unlock more multiplayer customization options? Because 4 for each category seems really low.
Yes. Then you use the money you get from online play to buy more stuff to customize your character further.

Don't expect a lot of body customization though. It's mainly the items and accessories route.

SpeedingUptoStop

disappeared said:
Don't worry. CoD5 is a ways off. And I wouldn't even get your hopes up about it considering it's from the company that brought us CoD3.
And COD 2. Man, I got that with my 360....bad fucking idea.

Alex

I still maintain that aside from the XP system, COD3 had more fun multi than COD4. Too Counter-Strikey for me.

Just finished GTA III. That last level really highlights the on foot control issues with the game. So frustrating. No matter how well planned out you have it Murphy's Law always seems to bite you in the ass. If you use your ammo right and you don't find yourself in some awkward position it's not all that tough.

Minus that bit of frustration I had a great time and playing it again brought back a lot of memories. Now bring on the beautifully refined GTA IV.:D

Jtrizzy

I will have had to go to gamestop 3 fucking times today for this game. First went to pay off the pre order, then I just had to go back to get a ticket for the midnight launch, and obviously I'll be going back again. It was such a silly scene, Papa John's selling pizza in the parking lot, people bumping their sub woofers. Do they want me to feel like a tool for doing this?:lol

wtf you have to get a ticket to go to the midnight launch?

that's fucking retarded. i was just going to go down there. is it this way for every ebgames/gamestop?

Tobor

Jtrizzy said:
I will have had to go to gamestop 3 fucking times today for this game. First went to pay off the pre order, then I just had to go back to get a ticket for the midnight launch, and obviously I'll be going back again. It was such a silly scene, Papa John's selling pizza in the parking lot, people bumping their sub woofers. Do they want me to feel like a tool for doing this?:lol

You had to go back and get a ticket for a game you already paid for? :lol

Roat

Banned
Walked into a store at 11am and bought one of the dozens sitting on the shelf. I can't believe people still get sucked into thinking stores are going to run out of normal version disks of huge releases on launch day.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

that's fucking retarded. i was just going to go down there. is it this way for every ebgames/gamestop?

Ticket my ass. They will give me my copy.

Roat said:
Walked into a store at 11am and bought one of the dozens sitting on the shelf. I can't believe people still get sucked into thinking stores are going to run out of normal version disks of huge releases on launch day.

I've seen plenty of people get burned on launch for certain games, but this one is probably well stocked.

FightyF

Banned
Roat said:

Where I live...every store is consistently careful about not breaking street date. I try to go to places like Zellers and stuff, where games are an afterthought, and even then they hold the dates.

If anyone knows of any place in Calgary selling early, let me know! I seriously doubt it though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
and in regards to the shitty cell phone display, I hear there
are custom wallpapers for a new model later in the game

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
alr1ghtstart said:
WKKT is hilarious. It's got a Ricky Gervais commercial on now. :lol

Is that the "other" work Gervais did? Is it just that commercial and his standup routine or is there more?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

What? I have never heard of any crap like that. Actually, if you don't go to a very busy EB, you probably can get the game at around 12:30 after the initial rush is over.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Does the game autosave when you jump from single player to multiplayer. Not sure which I'm going to play tonight, I'll probably get about three hours in before I attempt getting sleep.

I called my GameStop and they did not mention a fucking ticket.

Go in prior to midnight, pay it off, get a checkmark on your receipt and you're good to go. That is how they handled Halo 3 as well.

SpeedingUptoStop

is there anyway to transfer my game acheivments from ym console tag to my gamertag? for some reason, they're seperate and i want to show off my skillz in Burnout Paradise.

Xdrive05

MaizeRage25 said:
I called my GameStop and they did not mention a fucking ticket.

Go in prior to midnight, pay it off, get a checkmark on your receipt and you're good to go. That is how they handled Halo 3 as well.

Every store is different. For mine you get a "number" (ticket) when you present your paid-in-full receipt. Then when they start letting people in you just go in and pick it up then leave.

a.wd

just got it, uk

played an hour sleeping in a bit....

soooooooo awesome

just as I was about to clock off smashing pumpkins 1979 came on, one of my favourite songs niko is just sat by the window looking out and nodding to the beat,

the time is changing and the colours in the room change with it

just so much awesome.

BTW this thread is growing slower than the fanboy thread which is kinda sad.

newsguy

Mine is doing tickets that they gave out around 6pm. I'm sure people can show up at midnight but they'll be in the back of the line. For the most recent launches they are well prepared so the line should move.

careksims

My Gamestop just told me to show up around 11:30 - 11:45. No tickets. It's gonna' go fast and I paid it all off. Can't for tonight! WHOOOO! Party! Party!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Himuro said:
wtf is the pre order bonus for buying at gamestop?

Preorder bonus?
5 and a half hours to go for me!

I can't decide if I should get there at 9 or 10.

One equals waiting around at my house for longer, the other equals waiting in line longer which may or may not be preferable.

Yes - different in every store. In my local Gamestop, I called and they said they had 2 preorders left. They said they are too small of a store to accommodate any walk-ins. Great. Preordered one for me one for my coworker - I drove straight there to take care of it. When I got there they said they only had one. 3 people in the store - me, and 2 employees. They said I could have a second preorder.

So they bent the rules.

What rules? Whatever.

So I am just going to work until 11:30, then get in the awesomeapproved wagon and get in line. Its raining. But by 1am I'll be playing this game. Not going to get much sleep this evening...

Tell some other stories! What are you fellow midnighters up to?

Jtwo said:
Preorder bonus?
5 and a half hours to go for me!

I can't decide if I should get there at 9 or 10.

One equals waiting around at my house for longer, the other equals waiting in line longer which may or may not be preferable.

I'm in the same boat, i have GTA LCS in my psp, i'm good to go for 3 hours. Can't decide if i should go at 9, 10, 11 or just show up at mindnightish

so far i am leanin towards a little before 10

Plissken

I paid off my preorder Saturday, there was no mention of needing tickets or anything like that. I am just going to show up at 11:45 or so with my PSP, and if there is a line I will just sit in my car and play Crisis Core until it dies down.

homez99

Got my copy, GAME didn't want to serve me as I didn't have a passport or driver's license on me for ID, and they wouldn't accept my student NUS card, even though their website detailing the midnight launch said they would. Anyways, I went to Gamestation instead, where I didn't get ID'd at all, so it's all good. I missed out on my preorder goodies from GAME (500MS points and gamerpics, as well as a big free Niko poster), but at least I got it, been playing for roughly an hour so far and it's just simply wonderful, worth going through all the trouble to get it and more.

Top Bottom