• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Shawsie64

Banned
Called up the EB games down here as soon as I rocked up to work and they said they only had 5 copies left so i put my jacket on, walked out my office and drove down there :lol

Now im back in the office reading the fucking halarious liberty city guide book.. its gonna be a long day :(

EDIT: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Justice has a track on the radio

DSFan1970

Got it! Lower Manhattan store: YOU ROCK! Installing now~!

gta4js9.jpg

VALIS

I have the game mail ordered, it's coming tomorrow, already shipped.... and yet I just went to Gamestop to buy a pre-order so I can get it tonight. It's Grand Theft Auto, man! Can't wait an extra day. I'll just return my mail order copy when it gets here.

T-minus 2 hours.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Himuro said:
wtf is the pre order bonus for buying at gamestop?

Firewire said the PS3 preorders are getting a lollipop girl poster.

Firewire said:
Don't know if anything was posted about this so....

Just got back from my EB Games, apparently everyone that pre-ordered the PS3 regular version of GTA4 is supposed to get a GTA4 Lolli pop girl poster (looks awesome!). I asked about the 360, and the guy said he didn't know about posters or any other give aways for the 360 version.

Guess we will all find out very soon.

GilloD

Banned
DSFan1970 said:
Got it! Lower Manahttan store: YOU ROCK! Installing now~!

Which one? I have mine reserved at the one of 6th Ave, by Penn Station. I'm taking an earlier train to work just so I can snag my copy and lick it all day.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Tomorrow is going to be such a long day before I get my hands on this.

By the way, midnight means midnight, right? Even if I'm in the Central Zone? :(

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Has anyone bought a game at midnight at a Blockbuster before? I pre-ordered there because the GameStop down the street from me was a nuthouse when Halo 3 came out.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
voltron said:
Im pretty sure everyone's seen them by now. Videos been online for the past week.
:lol Yeah thats what it says when uploaded but fuck I hadn't seen it yet. He should be able to get AIDS or something and you lose permanent health.

GilloD said:
Which one? I have mine reserved at the one of 6th Ave, by Penn Station. I'm taking an earlier train to work just so I can snag my copy and lick it all day.
It's actually pretty much available at any Mom & Pop's game store in the city right now (or so my friends report).

Too bad I'm stuck at work now... but I'm gonna head out to the NoHo Best Buy after work to get me a copy (midnight release). :D

Costanza

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuck

just called wal-mart. no special editions. i'm not sure if the girl has actually seen their stock though.

Oh well, if I go there and can't get the SE it's not really a big deal.

MercuryLS

Banned
Costanza said:
fuuuuuuuuuuck

just called wal-mart. no special editions. i'm not sure if the girl has actually seen their stock though.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that's where I'm going at midnight.

vumpler

Beaulieu said:
My girlfriend will be happy to hear that. Which one is it.
go back a couple of pages. Its the huge post that's all in spoilers. Highlight it and you'll find it :)

Pakman

_leech_ said:
WTF? A ticket? I was just going to show up around 11:30...

My EB games store said they were handing out tickets. But the girl I talked to said I could just show up with my receipt and I'd be fine. I doubt most places will turn you away if you have a pre-order and don't have a ticket (or that checkmark on the receipt).

MechDX

Costanza said:
fuuuuuuuuuuck

MIne got the SE and the regular. Still havent decided on which one though.

So, yeah. Did a few missions for Roman. Started the Little Jacob string. Vlad's waiting for me to start his string.

Went on a date.

Love it.

One thing. SOME FUCK IS SENDING OUT SPOILER MESSAGES ON LIVE.

BEFUCKINGWARE.

Pakman

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, yeah. Did a few missions for Roman. Started the Little Jacob string. Vlad's waiting for me to start his string.

Went on a date.

Love it.

BEFUCKINGWARE.

Lovely. The Live community never fails to show how stupid it's members can be.

vumpler

Some fuck? Why not give the gamertag? No reason to put a shit stain on the whole community because of one unnamed guy... Please

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BenjaminBirdie said:

Went on a date.

Love it.

BEFUCKINGWARE.
accept my friend request, bro.

Beaulieu said:
:(
Care to give more detailed impressions ?

It's very jaggie, the frame rate is well below 30 and the DOF looks terrible.
Burnout Paradise which uses Renderware looks about 3.2X better than this.
Hopefully the gameplay delivers.

Pakman said:
Lovely. The human race never fails to show how stupid it's members can be.

Fix'd

Idiots will be idiots, XBL is just a tool for them. You don't even need a box to send messages on xbox live either, i am willing to bet whoever it is is doing it from a PC.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Woo just had my first couple of hours in the city. This game is nothing short of incredible. First song I heard on the radio: I wanna be your dog by The Stooges, immediate and ultimate win. What amazes me most so far is the quality of the voice acting and cut scenes. Couple of hours in and I already like the characters a lot.

Took Michelle out to the cabaret, even did some drunk driving... WHICH DID NOT END WELL. I advise everyone to just try this out for kicks and nothing else, chances of getting busted are high :p

Beaulieu

CurlySaysX said:
It's very jaggie, the frame rate is well below 30 and the DOF looks terrible.
Burnout Paradise which uses Renderware looks about 3.2X better than this.
Hopefully the gameplay delivers.

Well to be fair burnout paradise is fucking empty and civil cars are spawning 1 meter before you hit them in Burnout multiplayer.

vumpler said:
Some fuck? Why not give the gamertag? No reason to put a shit stain on the whole community because of one unnamed guy... Please

I have naught but the utmost respect for the Live Community, you know that. His tag was something like 360 GTA VI Fan (seriously). He's the fuck. Not my good friends on Live. Anyone trying to cast aspersions on the whole community because this one douche is just as dumb as he is.

vumpler

SIP YEK NOD said:
Fix'd

Idiots will be idiots, XBL is just a tool for them. You don't even need a box to send messages on xbox live either, i am willing to bet whoever it is is doing it from a PC.
Very true. Its so much easier to cut and paste messages to xbl people from the website. I send out all of my mass messages that way.

vumpler

BenjaminBirdie said:
I have naught but the utmost respect for the Live Community, you know that.
:lol No I don't. I don't have any idea who you are, but you clarified what you meant and all is well. Just making sure. The community already receives lots a shit stains, no reason for others unnecessarily.

So my better half is just raising hell in our actual neighborhood right now and I'm just marvelling at the detail they put into THE ANIMATION FOR BUYING A FUCKING SODA POP FROM A NEWSSTAND.

It's just insane.

Sure the graphics a little bit rough around the edges in spots, but the overall detail throughout is just spectacular.

AkuMifune

Banned
My Play Asia status has been updated from "Backorder/Preorder" to "Preparing Order".

Heres hoping it says "Item Shipped" sometime later today!!!!

Or not. I have the biggest meeting of the year at work on Friday, and if I get this before the weekend...I just don't want to be tempted to flake out on a responsibility. Cannot...resist...urge...GTA!

newsguy

BenjaminBirdie said:
Sure the graphics a little bit rough around the edges in spots, but the overall detail throughout is just spectacular.

This is correct. If there were such a thing as too much detail, this game did it.

zaidr

DSFan1970 said:
Must say the game is rougher graphically than I thought. On 1080p LCD.PS3. Still it's great!

I know, eh? It doesn't let up! It just keeps giving it to you and giving it to you and giving it to you. Repeatedly. Its so rough. Its insatiable. Its still great though...

Top Bottom