• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cardon said:
This may be a bit of a silly question to ask but has anyone's copy of the game shipped from EBGames online? I checked the status of my Special Edition copy and it says its shipped but I don't have a tracking number which is leaving me paranoid. I NEED MY GTAIV FIX TODAY!!

Yea my copy shipped yesteday via overnight shipping.The site hasn't been doing tracking numbers lately for items that have been shipped using faster shipping.I got my Mario Kart yesterday "UPS overnight" and never got a tracking number and it still doesn't show a tracking number on my status page even though I got it.

nofi

Warrior300 said:
Not Working wtf

You're currently in single player mode, right?

Press UP to bring up the phone. Then it's either UP or X to push it further up so you can navigate the keypad.

Seriously, it's not that hard.

ascully

I just played from midnight to 6am the game is truly fantastic, how can Kojima complain he cant fit metal gear on a blu-ray disc when Rockstar have made this masterpiece fit on a standard DVD. Insane.

Cardon

Matrix said:
Yea my copy shipped yesteday via overnight shipping.The site hasn't been doing tracking numbers lately for items that have been shipped using faster shipping.I got my Mario Kart yesterday "UPS overnight" and never got a tracking number and it still doesn't show a tracking number on my status page even though I got it.

Cool. Thanks man.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ascully said:
I just played from midnight to 6am the game is truly fantastic, how can Kojima complain he cant fit metal gear on a blu-ray disc when Rockstar have made this masterpiece fit on a standard DVD. Insane.
:\

The quality of the game has nothing to do with its data requirements.

Kritz

Banned
fuuuck

Nine hours straight of GTA4, and my eyes are freaking out from all the brightness / contrast changes and blur effects.

I don't know if this means I'm playing too much or not enough.

atomsk

Party Pooper
well walmart made the decision for me. they had zero ps3 copies.

as usual my local walmart comes through in spades because NO ONE goes there for games, so i never reserve any major releases.

now i need to get a shower and eat breakfast, then mayhem

c2morg

Anyone know how to buy / unlock new multiplayer clothes yet? I assumed the ones u bought in SP would work for MP but thats not the case it seems.

Any tips?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm playing single player, and this is so awesome. I'm like 4 hrs and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I'm now having regular sex with my gf. Hurrah!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
BenjaminBirdie said:
Does everyone know Social Club is up and running?

No I didn't, as it was dead earlier today, just signed in and linked my Gamertag, many thanks.

nofi

c2morg said:
Anyone know how to buy / unlock new multiplayer clothes yet? I assumed the ones u bought in SP would work for MP but thats not the case it seems.

Any tips?

Rank up.

I'd gotten to rank 2 I think over the weekend, then when I connected last night I was back at 0. Must have all been reset.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Just checked Gamespot for the GTA4 review. Now thats a surprise. Gamespot dont give out good scores easily. I was expecting GTA to get 9.something, but I never thought they would actually give it a 10.

besada

Banned
Sitting here playing pool with Ramon. Holding a shotgun that I have no idea where I picked up, a pistol, two molotov cocktails, and a knife.

Reggae is blaring over the speakers, and this is a great game.

Roxas

20 attempts at trying to get into a multiplayer game, and only 1 succesful. Anyone else having this problem? (PS3 version)

Dunlop

Roxas said:
20 attempts at trying to get into a multiplayer game, and only 1 succesful. Anyone else having this problem? (PS3 version)

Anyone having issues with the 360 MP? I'm actually more interested in this than the SP game and want to try it out tonight.

Defuser

I finally got my copy and been playing for 40 mins so far. Im getting used to the new control scheme but so far so good. Install times did not bother me since I took a bath while installing.

Wollan

We had a little gaf deathmatch earlier today. Tonx invited me into a location with a handful of other forumites. So much fun. Promised myself though that I won't actively seek out MP before I reach the main city. I want to be awed by the verticality.

Wizman23

Banned
So for multiplayer does it have matchmaking? Say for instance can I take my party of 8 people and then go into matchmaking and have us play another 8 people like Halo 3 and COD 4?

Gamespot changed their review? That some shady shit there. No wonder they were so late with their review. The reviewer was probably fighting a battle with marketing and apparently lost.

Ryuuga

Banned
Well, off to get my copy....

Sometimes I think sitting on trains
Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
Everyone's a winner now we're making that fame
Bonafide hustler making my name

All I wanna do *BANG BANG BANG BANG*
And a- *CLICK CHING*
And take your money

M.I.A Paper Planes

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vky_kCXFICU

I feel this song would've been perfect for GTAIV. If it is, that's great. It's not exactly grammy-award winning for such an "oscar-worthy" game, but I think it fits the bill. Some of the lyrics work quite well. The beat is nice as well.

zaidr

Do any of you guys find yourself using the taxi's and
Roman's car service
more than regular? I keep trying to play this game like a sane human being, and for once in the series, its actually letting me do it easily! I love this game...

zaidr

Ryuuga said:
Well, off to get my copy....

Sometimes I think sitting on trains
Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
Everyone's a winner now we're making that fame
Bonafide hustler making my name

All I wanna do *BANG BANG BANG BANG*
And a- (CLICK CLICK KACHING)
And take your money

M.I.A Paper Planes

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vky_kCXFICU

I feel this song would've been perfect for GTAIV. If it is, that's great. It's not exactly grammy-award winning for such an "oscar-worthy" game, but I think it fits the bill. Some of the lyrics work quite well. The beat is nice as well.

Sounds perfect... But it seems like its more of a "credits" song, than one that I'd expect in the in-game radio.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wizpig said:
Is "Gamertag Link" Ps3 only?
there are two items. gamertag and psn sign-in id. It actually seems like you can link both of them to your account.

also, social club is for more than just GTAIV. So this is likely to give you the ability to buy R* games on different systems and still be able to link them all to the social club.

edit - just confirmed, you can link both accounts to R* Social Club. I have both my PSN and XBL accounts linked.

Wizpig

Ok thanks.
And now, did anyone notice that strange palette swap the game has on some atmospheric changes?

It's like the game is almost in black & white, i swear.
Anyone?

Dibbz

Look what just arrived at my doorstep

2452064592_72839df6ca.jpg

I wasn't that excited about this game but now that it's here, I'm dying to play it.

borghe said:
there are two items. gamertag and psn sign-in id. It actually seems like you can link both of them to your account.

also, social club is for more than just GTAIV. So this is likely to give you the ability to buy R* games on different systems and still be able to link them all to the social club.

edit - just confirmed, you can link both accounts to R* Social Club. I have both my PSN and XBL accounts linked.
i did too ;)

Top Bottom