• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Guys, I didn't get a month free of live activation card with my copy, wtf!

could somebody, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PM me an activation code that they won't be using. I will forever be in your debt. PLEASE.

Is there a good way to keep the camera looking where I need to see when driving?

I've been having some issues keeping it facing the direction I'm driving more than anything.

My strategy has been to click "look behind" so it snaps forward, but that's incredibly clunky.

Any help?

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Iamthegamer said:
Guys, I didn't get a month free of live activation card with my copy, wtf!

could somebody, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PM me an activation code that they won't be using. I will forever be in your debt. PLEASE.
Sure, let me get mine and PM it to you

Edit: Sent.

Smokey

funkmastergeneral said:
whats the best way to get a police car? I had to get one for a mission and it sucked ass having to kill cops to get the car

Call 911 on your cell phone. When the cops arrive and one gets out of his car just take the police car. Or do what I did. Go to a police station all gangsta and just bust out a window and steal one in front of 3 cops as they're trying to run after you.

AmMortal

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
whats the best way to get a police car? I had to get one for a mission and it sucked ass having to kill cops to get the car

They're just parked on some streets. i had difficulty finding one and resorted to stealing.:lol

funkmastergeneral said:

There is a map which was in the GTA case right?
There are all police departments marked on the map. Just drive there...you will always find police cars there.

Coop

I only played for about 20 minutes but the TV shows are awesome. I didnt know they were in the game but the Men's Room was awesome.

Smokey Bones said:
Call 911 on your cell phone. When the cops arrive and one gets out of his car just take the police car. Or do what I did. Go to a police station all gangsta and just bust out a window and steal one in front of 3 cops as they're trying to run after you.

Thats possible?

God, am I dumb!

Fatalah

I need some guidance, where can I find an early walkthrough? I'm stuck right now, nothing is happening in the game at the moment.

painey

everytime i kill someone, they move after they die.. it looks like they are going to get up but then they fall.. like they are getting comfortable for death. Its annoying because I think I haven't finished them off.

I like those people who are afraid that a game could be sold out within hours. Just walk into the store on release day...and buy the fucking game.

Preordering will get you nowhere as you can see.

painey said:
everytime i kill someone, they move after they die.. it looks like they are going to get up but then they fall.. like they are getting comfortable for death. Its annoying because I think I haven't finished them off.

yeah the people take a lot of shit in this game. I opened up with a shotgun point blank in this dudes face and he kept trying to get back up. If you hit them again and they stop completely they die I think. A big ol pool of blood will seep out like in Resident Evil

Forsete

Cunt-ako or whatever that blawg is called said the Sixaxis support was aweful? Oh yeah? The flip-to-reload thingy is pretty awesome.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I also did not get a one month Live card. Would anyone be willing to spare theirs? Please? I'd really appreciate it. My subscription is ending next week and in a month, I'm leaving for a seminar for six weeks where I won't be able to access Live. So it'd be most excellent to get a quick one month bump. Thanks.

ciccione

PS3 version here. OK. Great game.
But IMHO all these 10/10 are pure madness. The graphics are nothing special, so blurred...and more important, the gameplay is essentially more of the same.
overall so far, 8.5/10

ciccione said:
But IMHO all these 10/10 are pure madness. The graphics are nothing special, so blurred...and more important, the gameplay is essentially more of the same.
overall so far, 8.5/10

I take it you haven't gotten drunk with your friend and then spent twenty minutes trying to find his place to return his car the next morning?

GhostRidah said:
About to try that, I hate how auto aim takes my aim off the target I want.

That's how I felt until the latest shootout I was in where I figured out how to flick the stick to switch aim to the next target. Fucking godsend.

*PIP*
*PIP*
*PIP*

*PIP*

Unison

Jeez the soundtrack is such a downgrade compared to the last two games... I think they just wanted to go w/ more obscure stuff to get people to pay for MP3s. Awful.

ice cream

Banned
GarthVaderUK said:
I believe so, I got it with the game here in the UK.
Man I'm in the UK and I didn't get one! I ordered from ShopTo...
hmm I made a post there anyway because I think someone broke into my copy..

Unison said:
Jeez the soundtrack is such a downgrade compared to the last two games... I think they just wanted to go w/ more obscure stuff to get people to pay for MP3s. Awful.

I sort of agree. There are some good songs, but not the quality of previous games. I tend to listen to the talk shows more though anyways. And they are perfectly hilarious. :D

Zoolaga

ice cream said:
Man I'm in the UK and I didn't get one! I ordered from ShopTo...
hmm I made a post there anyway because I think someone broke into my copy..

I didn't get one from ShopTo either. My copy was wrapped and sealed btw.

kylej

Banned
needs to be a flash map online where people can point out little unique areas for other people to find.

love this little hidden dock at the end of Faustin's road

24851005.jpg

and I especially love the stencil on the door

53256008.jpg

Got the 360 version last night and had been playing it for 8hours before I went to sleep. Just came on to say that this game is great so far. Also wow @ all the GTAIV threads :lol I will read those when I'm finished with the game. :p <3 ya GAF.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ciccione said:
overall so far, 8.5/10

The graphics are AMAZING. You, my friend, have no soul.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Also, for gayming agers...have you noticed the game SEEMS to leave your options open, so to speak, with regard to online dating? :lol Though I've not had any luck so far..

trupclow

Soooooo, how do you reload in the 360 version? I've been pressing every button I can think of. It's frustrating when I've got 2 rounds left with a machine gun and I can't get a full clip ready.

Top Bottom