• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
gofreak said:
Also, for gayming agers...have you noticed the game SEEMS to leave your options open, so to speak, with regard to online dating? :lol Though I've not had any luck so far..

just wait until later:lol

trupclow said:
Soooooo, how do you reload in the 360 version? I've been pressing every button I can think of. It's frustrating when I've got 2 rounds left with a machine gun and I can't get a full clip ready.
"B" button guy. There's a layout in the menu if you ever forget anything.

Giard

trupclow said:
Soooooo, how do you reload in the 360 version? I've been pressing every button I can think of. It's frustrating when I've got 2 rounds left with a machine gun and I can't get a full clip ready.
Pretty sure it's B, why don't you just check your game manual?

BTW, good game so far, although the framerate drops seem to be even worse than in the previous GTAs...don't like that at all.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Another thing, does anyone understand
Little Jacob?
I hear a few words that sound like english but damn. Its hard.
I did meet his friend though....

Windu said:
Another thing, does anyone understand
Little Jacob?
I hear a few words that sound like english but damn. Its hard.
I did meet his friend though....

He speaks quite clearly in contrast to his friend. :lol

wotter

Played it for 5 hours, love the cell phone, love the rain, love the atmosphere (really 'feels' like a living city), love the story so far, missions are easy so far, but I'm not far into the game so I'm sure that will change...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My friendlist, while I'm at work... :(

wat.jpg

Riptwo

Does anyone know if it's possible to start a private co-op match? A friend and I have partied up, but we end up having to join other people's sessions, and they often quit playing co-op after the first round.

Defcon

Banned
Unison said:
Jeez the soundtrack is such a downgrade compared to the last two games... I think they just wanted to go w/ more obscure stuff to get people to pay for MP3s. Awful.

I agree with you 100%. While there are a couple of good songs, I've found myself just leaving the radio off completely or on the talk stations.

Riptwo said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to start a private co-op match? A friend and I have partied up, but we end up having to join other people's sessions, and they often quit playing co-op after the first round.

Should be an option to set private slots for the empty ones.

Is it just me or does the 360 version lack a manual ? All I got in the gamebox was the map with some info on it, and a very very TINY booklet guide...far from a manual -_-

Kabouter

Not played more than 5 or 6 hours so far, really really loving it. Which isn't strange considering I loved all the previous (non-stories) GTA games. Only complaint really is the framerate, which is in the 20's far too often, and the shockingly awful soundtrack.

Oh, and Little Jacob and his mate are AWESOME. I haven't ever laughed at a game really, but they had me going for a good two minutes. Wasn't expecting a game to be making me laugh anytime soon.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
alr1ghtstart said:
just wait until later:lol

I see I can try again with my prior failed conquests.

I'm totally getting a log-cabin republican vibe off Troy Harder :p

I'm wondering though, if the choice is in fact yours, or if it's a joke....

this might be stupid but i thought Lazlow was going to have a talk statio nin this game...so far i havent hear him..maube mi on the wrong channel

and ive spent about 5 hours in the game and i agree so far the music seems like a downgrade

GodfatherX said:
this might be stupid but i thought Lazlow was going to have a talk statio nin this game...so far i havent hear him..maube mi on the wrong channel

and ive spent about 5 hours in the game and i agree so far the music seems like a downgrade

Integrity 2.0 is where you'll find Lazlow, not sure if it is there from the start.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Have to say, I barely listen to the music stations now :| I think I heard maybe two or three songs i liked.

The TV is great though.

gofreak said:
Have to say, I barely listen to the music stations now :| I think I heard maybe two or three songs i liked.

The TV is great though.

"The Seeker" is a great song, and I love The Who but if I hear it again when I pull a middle aged white guy out of his luxury sedan I'm gonna go mental.

I've already bought two albums by The Black Keys because of this game though, so there is that to counter it.

From the local oshkosh gamestop store, 360 version is selling 10 to 1 the PS3 version. Oshkosh is a college town here in middle of wisconsin. they had 3 boxes full of 360 version and 3 boxes full of ps3 versions, they have just half of 1 box remaining for 360 and they just started thier 2nd box for the ps3 version.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Do I have a problem with my set, or is the image quality god-fucking awful for everyone? There's so much shimmer and it looks horribly, horribly bad. I never noticed this problem in videos and never saw it mentioned. Anyone?

kylej

Banned
what's the song where the chorus is something about being in love with a teacher? I heard it once and can't find it again to ZiT it.

depward

artredis1980 said:
From the local oshkosh gamestop store, 360 version is selling 10 to 1 the PS3 version. Oshkosh is a college town here in middle of wisconsin. they had 3 boxes full of 360 version and 3 boxes full of ps3 versions, they have just half of 1 box remaining for 360 and they just started thier 2nd box for the ps3 version.

Well duh, that's because frat boys heart their 360s...

Defcon

Banned
CrapSandwich said:
Do I have a problem with my set, or is the image quality god-fucking awful for everyone? There's so much shimmer and it looks horribly, horribly bad. I never noticed this problem in videos and never saw it mentioned. Anyone?

Adjusting the brightness, contrast, and saturation helped some, but I'm still of the mind it's a very average looking game.

Bloodwake

Yeah, the music is sort of a downgrade, but I like the obscure stuff too... better than GTA III's soundtrack, that's for sure.

I hope Rockstar reinvisions Vice City in the eighties for the next gen systems... even the music for Vice City Stories was decent.

Unison

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont see why R* would waste money on a soundtrack when most people will use custom soundtrack anyways.

If that's the case, why not implement custom radio stations like the Xbox version had?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How do you integrate the game into your rockstar social club account? I created one on the site, do you then point to it from in-game?

careksims

Vice City's OST will always be my fave. I love the 80's.

Got the PS3 version. This game is amazing! I've done a lot already and still there is so much more left to do. I don't even know what secrets it holds. Alas I have to take a break from it XD

Crisis

Banned
rabhw said:
Yes! Glad I'm not alone.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I can't check scores because it says that I'm not signed into PSN and using the cell phone just brings up the message that says they can't reach the game provider. It's starting to piss me the fuck off.

Fatalah

GUYS, I don't know what to do next. The story isn't advancing! What do i DOOO?!

I had my first date with Michelle, I've played darts, pool, and even went to a strip club with Roman. Now what?! Nothing is happening!

Bloodwake

HoTHiTTeR said:
So I enabled some of the cheats, and it subsequently disabled a couple of the achievements. How do reverse what I've done? :((

Delete and restart?

Ah, Rockstar's "don't cheat or it will fuck your game up" policy still in action.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Unison said:
If that's the case, why not implement custom radio stations like the Xbox version had?

Because you will be able to buy songs from Amazon apparently, DLC of the future.

Firewire

Banned
FlyinJ said:
How do you integrate the game into your rockstar social club account? I created one on the site, do you then point to it from in-game?

On R*'s social site go to you "Your Profile" a bit down the list you have the option to link you're PSN or Live accounts.

Top Bottom