• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Me to Mad Mackem as we're riding sack to crack on a vespa in the middle of a firefight: "This isn't very gansta"

Halvie, I couldn't agree more.

Halvie

Banned
Instead of a tissue I think I'll go get a good game instead. And seems like you need the tissue if you can't handle me criticizing a game. Didn't see the "only positive reviews please" in the thread title....

Somnia

Did some pretty good multiplayer tonight finally. Tried inviting everyone from GAF, but only bish accepted and then left =P Gonna have to get some GAF PS3 games going soon!

Crisis

Banned
Halvie said:
Instead of a tissue I think I'll go get a good game instead. And seems like you need the tissue if you can't handle me criticizing a game. Didn't see the "only positive reviews please" in the thread title....

reagan_tear0316-747183.jpg

Bitter Reagan tears.

Brashnir

GhostRidah said:
Wish I had the balls to do that, im afraid my 360 will get the three rings of death, so I take breaks to let it cool down.

RROD is most frequently caused by warping from the hot/cold switches. You're actually accelerating the process with your paranoia.

Brashnir

Halvie said:

Sounds like you need a tissue if you can't handle the game making fun of Republicans. I guess they didn't see the "only positive conservative messages please" in your GTA4 request letter.

dedhead54

Michelle just made fun of my $2000 suit. What a fucking whore.

I'm moving on up, bitch, and if you can't take it stay your ass back in Broker!

BLU-82

Himuro said:
How many hours

I've found molotovs and a pistol at the "fun fair" :D

Personally I have been messing around quite a bit I have done a few side missions for certain people and done a bit of exploring etc. I am at 60% game progress and have 35 hours play time. Thats 16 different people I have done missions for so far.

Smokey

Damn GTA IV is stingy with the achievements. I just finished all the side missions for Little Jacob and got 10 points for it. That shit took a long time for 10 fucking points!

Halvie

Banned
Well obviously I can handle it because I am still playing the game. Again are people not allowed to post anything negative in this thread?

I guess I should have forwarded that letter to Rockstar...along with the one asking for decent missions, controlls that don't suck cock, and dialog that isn't geared toward a 12 year old.

Weenerz

Banned
Halvie said:
Well obviously I can handle it because I am still playing the game. Again are people not allowed to post anything negative in this thread?

I guess I should have forwarded that letter to Rockstar...along with the one asking for decent missions, controlls that don't suck cock, and dialog that isn't geared toward a 12 year old.

If you hate the game so much, stop playing it and shut your face up in the official GTA4 thread. Go make your own game that doesn't suck.

_Angelus_

Banned
I started doing cab pickups just to see the city and get a handle on driving at high speeds when a massive downpour hit the whole of New York. Wow...very pretty. Steam rising from the sewers,gusty winds blowing the rain across the streets,lightning at times,pretty nice.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Weenerz said:
If you hate the game so much, stop playing it and shut your face up in the official GTA4 thread. Go make your own game that doesn't suck.

Even though I completely disagree with his comments, I still think he has the right to express his dislike of the game, especially considering that he probably plunked down AT LEAST $60.00 for it.

eXistor

Ah, woke up and started playing again, so great. No doubt it's been mentioned by a fellow Dutchman, but I was randomly pushing people around and all of a sudden I hear this girl say "nee, alsjeblieft!" (No, please!) and "ga weg!" (go away!). There are probably a bunch of other languages in there as well, but it never really hit me before hearing Dutch :D

WOW! This game is great. The city is just amazing, and the missions have all been fun so far. Easily the best hyped game I've ever played. I had no idea it had all this stuff in it.

The TV shows are too much. I was watching a
a poker show (pretty fun too) then it went off and a Katt Williams comedy special came on. This game has it all.

Weenerz

Banned
Chiggs said:
Even though I completely disagree with his comments, I still think he has the right to express his dislike of the game, especially considering that he probably plunked down AT LEAST $60.00 for it.

Oh I agree he can express his opinion, but his other posts came off as flamebait.

While there is alot of things to do in the city outside missions...some stuff doesnt feel worth while or exciting after the first time...they should have followed the FF model and included some really developed side games, such as organized gangland fights...meet up at location and beat up people...or some real sports games. Maybe these things come in later though

kitch9

Banned
Odrion said:
Is there a way to jog without holding down A? I didn't mind it until a mission where you had to fight up close.

Thats doing my head in a bit too. I keep forgetting and I end up walking around like a three toed sloth in the middle of a hail of bullets.....

Multiplayer fucking RULES. Straight up Deathmatch is fucking fun as sin. Jesus. And Cops and Crooks is a joy that brings tears to my eyes. I remember I was playing with a bunch of randoms, and we were the cops. Out car blew up on a barren highway with no cars for miles except for one moped. For some reason everyone decided it wasn't worthy, but I hopped on and a team mate got on back. Everyone was laughing at us and calling us useless, but then the boss' car crashed, we crawl pass a blockade on our small moped, and score the game winning kill. The cheers that followed were amazing.

GTA Race is also fun as hell. At first everyone tries, but eventually about half the people give up and just start making blockades and sniping drivers. It's crazier than any Burnout I've ever played, even when everyone is racing.

OW, my eyes burn from all the awesome!!!!
PS3 multi has been up for an hour or two (or its just not being hammered right now) and I got in a long session with the same party of 4 and its really great when you get a groups together. I thought hangman's noose was the only co-op mission but there are 3 from what I can tell. Deal breaker is lots of fun. You have to climb a huge building killing everyone in side, then chase after those who escape.

Bomb Da base II was the best!!!! I didn't heard anything about this mode so I didn't expect much but its co-op gold. First you have to gun down an armored car and steal it. Then you pick up explosives and a helicopter. * It was my first time in one for GTA4 and the first thing I did was bail out over the water : ) Then you have to fly to a ship and plant the xplosives inside. ITs really hard but fun and there are a few ways to pull it off. The best part is after we finished, you have 60 second to get off the boat. Everyone dove straight over the side and swam like crazy. Play this mode the next chance you get.

Hajaz

inertiatic said:
Ok, so I really, really want to buy GTAIV, and I'd like the special edition. I had 90€ to spend and as I was about to buy it, I realized it cost 120€.

120€.

I shit a brick, right there.

That's $186.

Fuck you, FNAC.

I need to check the price somewhere else. Isn't the US version $90?

99.9€ at freerecordshop (belgium)

zoukka

Some of my friends were disappointed on this, but they were aboard the hype-train so you can't blame them. The graphics are the biggest let-down (I'm playing on PS3) because even though it has a HDD-install and probably subHD resolution it still runs like shit.

Then again that didn't stop me from playing this all night and now I'm practically sleeping at work :) The physics really make crashes and shootouts stand out from previous GTA:s. Flying through windshields, popping headshots, ramming pedestrians and doing stunts never was this fun. The amount of details is also stunning... the phone is a nice addition!

BAD BRAINS!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, I need some fucking rest. Been playing this for 16 hours straight...

Good night.

dedhead54 said:
Michelle just made fun of my $2000 suit. What a fucking whore.

I'm moving on up, bitch, and if you can't take it stay your ass back in Broker!
Damn her and her subtle jabs. "Oh. You're wearing my favourite outfit again."

Bitch, I can't be bothered to constantly change clothes.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Seriously my city life goes like this:

If on bike, happy
If not on bike, run around until I see a bike, then go "bike bike bike bike bike" and hunt the guy until he makes the mistake of stopping at a redlight, at which point I disbike him and speed away.

Cars that I've found so far are just so useless.

chase

Halvie said:

You righties all sound exactly the same.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So, I've got the Vigilante missions... but is there a list of all the included side missions?
I haven't heard anything about them, but just assuming all the staples are there.

KGKK

Banned
Man I forgot my PSN password. Just tried linking up the social club to my PSN:( Anyway to retrieve it? Also this game rules. Brucie:lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Halvie said:
Seems more like retarded lets make fun of the republicans crap that fills the game than a halo parody. Wish they would have left all of that out of the game. I hear enough of this bullshit in college and don't need it in my games.

You should have known better than to post complaints in this thread.

This is the same thread that has fans telling people who complain about the graphics and frame rate to shut up and die. That alone should have warned you about the response you'd get.

Barrett2

Well, last night was honestly a blur. I began playing at 5:30pm, took a 1/2 hour break for dinner, and the next thing I know my wife tells me it's midnight.

I can't remember the last time a game has pulled me in like this.

Also, I have no idea if this is related or not, but my game was locking up constantly until I (not kidding) deleted my custom PS3 wallpaper. Since then no lockups. That's the only thing I can think of. o_O. In any event, it's working!

And seriously, Republican Space Rangers was so offensive (and funny), I imagine its only a matter of days before the media backlash against this game occurs. Now I understand why Circuit City was vigorously enforcing the ID check on everyone who bought this game. I would NOT want to be the store clerk who gets caught on camera selling GTA4 to 11 year old Timmy!

Tieno

Fuck, I just realised thursday is a holiday so the post doesn't work then, and they also took off friday, lazy fuckers. Saturday and sunday they don't deliver mail anyway. So i'll probably get GTA4 monday earliest, but then I'm back at University so no GTA4 for me till next wednesday or thursday earliest.

Bleh.

painey

anyone who is evenly SLIGHTLY colourblind is gunna struggle to set a high score in QUB3D. The red and orange are so close i constantly got them wrong, to the point where i was 25 points off the high score with 6 slots left.. and luckily i got a double colour bar and wiped out half the board in a chain :lol :lol *ding* Achievement unlocked :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh yeah, I can officially confirm that the gamma in GTA4 is fucked up. It's dark, almost all the time.

Top Bottom