• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

bathala

Banned
Best glitch i've experienced:

I was driving back to my safehouse because i was low in health when i ram on the construction building (from Vlad's mission) and the next thing u know I was dropping off from the sky toward the overpass. :lol

my car didn't even blew up

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Anybody find any weapons on the street?

I haven't found much more than a bat. I need guns.

lots of guns.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Really wish there were checkpoints in the missions, not had any too frustrating yet, but on missions where you're visiting two/three places, having to drive/taxi between each every time just gets annoying.

Enjoying the game more, now that I can purchase some better guns and generally not having to worry about my cash. Think I'm getting close to the third island also.

Kweh said:
So how do you call a cab?

If you hang out with Ramon, he'll like you enough that you'll be able to call a cab from his company and get a free ride somewhere. I think you can do it a couple of times in a row before you have to go hang out with him again. This option is available after the first time you hang out with him. All you do is select him in your phone book, then select Cab/Ride from the list of options.

If you want to hail a regular taxi, when you see one coming you step off the curb and hit the left bumper (I think, maybe it's the right one) to whistle for a cab to stop. Once the cab stops, walk up to the back passenger seat and hold Y to get in.

LiveWire

Sol.. said:
Anybody find any weapons on the street?

I haven't found much more than a bat. I need guns.

lots of guns.

There's a shotgun in the security office at the front of the strip club in Bohan.

AirBrian

Jugendstil said:
If you hang out with Ramon, he'll like you enough that you'll be able to call a cab from his company and get a free ride somewhere. I think you can do it a couple of times in a row before you have to go hang out with him again. This option is available after the first time you hang out with him. All you do is select him in your phone book, then select Cab/Ride from the list of options.

If you want to hail a regular taxi, when you see one coming you step off the curb and hit the left bumper (I think, maybe it's the right one) to whistle for a cab to stop. Once the cab stops, walk up to the back passenger seat and hold Y to get in.
Yep, LB is the option for the non-Ramon cabs.

dedhead54 said:
On
Ivan the not so terrible
, but I died before I called back vlad to say that I completed the mission, and now I can't seem to do story missions. I've just been doing cab quests and dates and considering restarting the game, if that's even possible... Comrades never opens no matter what time of day it is, and Vlad and little jacob never answer their phones.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I love that I can get over a million rounds of gunfire pumped into my car and still drive, as long as the engine block is ok. So awesome. :D

I'm going to learn to do a 180 and plow into people with the rear end of my car like the Bourne Ultimatum.

dedhead54

God's Beard said:
On
Ivan the not so terrible
, but I died before I called back vlad to say that I completed the mission, and now I can't seem to do story missions. I've just been doing cab quests and dates and considering restarting the game, if that's even possible... Comrades never opens no matter what time of day it is, and Vlad and little jacob never answer their phones.

That's shitty. If your story totally got fucked that's a shame. Luckily you're not far in at all.

Riptwo

Does the ZiT music tagging feature work on anyone's Rockstar Social Club account yet? I've linked my gamertag to the site, but I'm still not getting links on tagged songs when I login.

And as for my previous bitching about not being able to start private co-op games, it turns out that you have to start said custom game from single player rather than party mode. Unless I'm mildly brain damaged and overlooked something obvious, that is.

AirBrian

Linkzg said:
are there any cool numbers you can call other than 911?

If you have your GT linked to the R* Social Club, you can dial ZiT-555-0100 when you hear a song you like. Then go to the webpage and it'll have the artist/name and a preview and the option to buy (IRL). :lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
God's Beard said:
On
Ivan the not so terrible
Is your phone set to sleep mode by any chance?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
By the way, I had auto aim turned off, but that makes some of the early missions IMPOSSIBLE. Stick with auto aim on...it's still a challenge to keep your cover and aim for the head (otherwise they take quite a few rounds to go down).

Evlar

Banned
Haven't tried it myself, but there's a way in-game to find the location of all hidden items, including weapons and pigeons. I don't honestly know if this trips the 'cheat' trigger and turns off your 360 Achievements.

Log on to the in-game internet and browse to ww w.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, without the space. It will display the game map with hidden item locations marked.

dedhead54 said:
That's shitty. If your story totally got fucked that's a shame. Luckily you're not far in at all.

Yeah I just tapped Michelle, so I'm going to do some stupid shit for a while then restart. I got into the other island once, but I got shot after walking around for a while.

Revolutionary said:
Why am I held responsible when a cab I'm a passenger in gets in an accident? (i.e. the cops are after ME)

The hell kinda shit is that?

Bad game design. :lol

chubigans said:
By the way, I had auto aim turned off, but that makes some of the early missions IMPOSSIBLE. Stick with auto aim on...it's still a challenge to keep your cover and aim for the head (otherwise they take quite a few rounds to go down).

I really dislike the auto-aim, though. Eh.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Himuro said:
Michelle spoilers and theory:
I think this here gal is a cop. She asks too many questions a normal girl would ask. I wonder when she's going to come out?

Yep, this is basically a lock. In one of my dates
Niko also mentioned 'what a strange girl, asking me all these questions'. On my last date she asked if I knew someone who could get her coke and she keeps asking me details about my job. Also her warm coffee lines are pretty obvious: 'oh you're so interesting Niko, tell me more'. Confirmed. The hints aren't that subtle either :p

AirBrian said:
If you have your GT linked to the R* Social Club, you can dial ZiT-555-0100 when you hear a song you like. Then go to the webpage and it'll have the artist/name and a preview and the option to buy (IRL). :lol

that is kinda cool...

also, are there any alternate handguns? so far this game doesn't seem to have a huge number of guns like in Vice City or San Andreas.

Evlar

Banned
Linkzg said:
that is kinda cool...

also, are there any alternate handguns? so far this game doesn't seem to have a huge number of guns like in Vice City or San Andreas.
Two pistols I think.

Powerslave said:
Can you make bulletholes in the ground/wall/buildings?

And how long do they stay if so?
I was doing one mission with a big warehouse shoot out, and my bullets were tearing apart the concrete walls that the guys were hiding behind.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
When I went to Manhattan last night in gta. I could recognize so many things like west side highway and city hall. I wonder if the javit center is there.

Evlar said:
Two pistols I think.

hope its a
revolver. So far I got the pistol, two shotguns, two SMG, aK47, sniper, molitov, grenades, and body armor. Just looking around the underground gun stores, they don't have too much.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I was doing one mission with a big warehouse shoot out, and my bullets were tearing apart the concrete walls that the guys were hiding behind.

Same here! Only my first experience with this was in the first real li'l Jacob mission, where you have to take out the drug guys. I kept shooting the guy's cover and after a while I could just hit him while he was standing behind the wall.

I did not think this aspect would be done so well, the walls can really be torn apart.

Who cares if this game doesn't throw high res stuff in your face, the level and amount of detail is simply INSANE for a game with this scope

DarkKyo

Damn I really have no idea how to get my mic working in GTA.... I got that free bluetooth headset, and I have it synched with the PS3.... now what? ;_;

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Holy shit the story finally started at 11% through the game! This game is the shit, I'm sold :D

Right when you kill Vlad and the Protagonist gives the spill about the army situation. holy shit. i get about 3 more hours to play today thank god.

Oh and i finally found a car that doesn't handle like shit: Corvette :D

Dechaios said:
Damn I really have no idea how to get my mic working in GTA.... I got that free bluetooth headset, and I have it synched with the PS3.... now what? ;_;

I heard it was open mic so just talk.

EDIT: How do you dial zit? o_O

EDIT: Nevermind. had to press UP again after I whip out the phone!

BobFromPikeCreek said:

but it's just that wall right? :(

what about random buildings and their walls?

careksims

Whoo. Me, BobtheFork, Maggot9, and HijoDelocoroco were playing those co-op missions. That's such a blast especially the one where you have to take the guy from the airport in an armored truck. Good times!

skip

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Can you actually date the girls on love-meet? I clicked "Date" on one, but nothing happened after.

some, but not all. also check out the personal listings on craplist.

Top Bottom