• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

vumpler said:
Guys I need help with a question answered:

How do you keep a car in this game? I had a corvette and they are fucking amazzzing in this game. But then I had to do a mission for someone where they wanted me to use their car because it had what I needed to deliver in it. So I did what I thought was the smart thing and made a custom way point back to where I started. Well after the mission I go back and my car isn't there anymore?

How do you keep cars?
Park them outside of your safehouse in the yellow parking area.

Evlar

Banned
vumpler said:

How do you keep a car in this game? I had a corvette and they are fucking amazzzing in this game. But then I had to do a mission for someone where they wanted me to use their car because it had what I needed to deliver in it. So I did what I thought was the smart thing and made a custom way point back to where I started. Well after the mission I go back and my car isn't there anymore?

How do you keep cars?
There's a "Reserved Parking" space in front of the first safehouse. Anything you park there will be saved. (It's not right in front of the door, it's painted in yellow on the pavement).

"Yes, but fine, Ben. Exactly how good friends are you with Jacob?"

I don't know...ask my GamerCard...

vr8nih.jpg

YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Wagwan, breda.

The best thing about hanging out with Jacob is that he actually reacts to the Tuff Gong station if you play it in the car with him.

THIS GAME IS ALIVE AND DANGEROUS.

IT IS SKYNET 1.0.

Teknoman

lol " WTF: A tale of online love - now playing at theaters. You'll lol and rotfl until you something or other"

Just came on the radio.

G-Bus

Banned
vumpler said:

How do you keep cars?

In front of your safehouse you'll see a yellow rectangle. Park your car(s) there.

How do I call 911? I press up 2 times to get to the dialing but I don't know how to make the call itself.

satriales

Son of Godzilla said:
So what do you do to shake 3 stars then? Pray?

I accidently found a place where the police couldn't get me even with a 6-star wanted level (useful for anyone trying to get that achievement). I've only done it once so there's a chance it doesn't work all the time but this is what I did:

I drove a car onto the train tracks in the first island and headed west over the bridge. As I hadn't unlocked the 2nd island at that time I got 6 wanted stars and instantly could hear helicopters and police around me, but I carried on driving along the tracks and reached a tunnel. That is it, I carried on for a bit and could still hear the choppers and police but soon realised nothing was hurting me, it seems the police can't get in that part of the subway. I kept on driving just to see where the tunnel led and went past 3 or 4 stations without any bother. I managed to even get outside the police radius but as I hadn't unlocked that 2nd Island yet it refocused on me instead of disapearing (I think it was because I hadn't unlocked the island, maybe you just can't get rid of a 6-star wanted level?).

bill0527 said:
Just spent my first 2 hours with it. I'm not blown away by it graphically, it must have gotten pefect 10's based on technical merits instead of eye candy. Its definitely Grand Theft Auto. I haven't had any HOLY SHIT !! moments yet with the game. Mostly just a nice warm, fuzzy nostalgic feeling that its good to be playing a new GTA.

Same actually. After my initial rush and playing more today I actually think I kinda like San Andreas a bit more honestly. Although I'm still fairly early in the game and it is still very very enjoyable.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
G-Bus said:
How do I call 911? I press up 2 times to get to the dialing but I don't know how to make the call itself.

press the 9 and 1 buttons on your gamepad. If you don't have one of those, select the numbers with the d pad once you have the keypad up :p

Stoney Mason said:
Same actually. After my initial rush and playing more today I actually think I kinda like San Andreas a bit more honestly. Although I'm still fairly early in the game and it is still very very enjoyable.

Just wait until things get worse. It becomes the most vivdly captivating game I've ever played.

It's like completely heartbreaking and I've only gotten to 20% Complete.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN NEXT?

Teknoman

G-Bus said:
In front of your safehouse you'll see a yellow rectangle. Park your car(s) there.

Just like on a real phone. Dial the number then press in on the call icon.

Also this game is so much better than any of the past GTA's its not even funny. Gameplay and story/ character wise anyway.

G-Bus

Banned
Darunia said:
press the 9 and 1 buttons on your gamepad. If you don't have one of those, select the numbers with the d pad once you have the keypad up :p

Yea, I dial 911, it shows the numbers on the cell phone screen, but thats it. He doesn't actually make the call :(

edit -
Teknoman said:
Just like on a real phone. Dial the number then press in on the call icon.

:lol D'OH

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
G-Bus said:
Yea, I dial 911, it shows the numbers on the cell phone screen, but thats it. He doesn't actually make the call :(

You have to press the green phone icon to make the call

edit: beaten

What the hell I cant even join a game now. Ever time I try to join a game I get a disconnect error. So far this online is joke. I thought MS was going to have all this shit sorted out.

Raide

Tokubetsu said:
I don't understand why people hate the cars so much.

This time around you actually have to drive them. The physics really has changed how they all handle and I am not sure people have got used to it from the previous GTA games. :lol

IcebergSlim3000 said:
What the hell I cant even join a game now. Ever time I try to join a game I get a disconnect error. So fare this online is joke. I thought MS was going to have all this shit sorted out.
I haven't had one problem with it yet. Check your NAT.

VAIL

IcebergSlim3000 said:
What the hell I cant even join a game now. Ever time I try to join a game I get a disconnect error. So far this online is joke. I thought MS was going to have all this shit sorted out.

I haven't gotten into a game at all.

and NAT is fine, every other goddamn game works.

Tokubetsu

Is rockstar social club working for anyone else? All my zit hits aren't loading and when i hit the 360 gamertag thing it just says unkown error.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I haven't had one problem with it yet. Check your NAT.

Theres nothing wrong with my settings. It worked perfectly fine the night I brought it home. Ever sence then its been a complete bust. I cant join rooms. When I do join every one gets kicked out. Also when I join there wont be any sound effects which means everyone is about to drop.

andthebeatgoeson

bill0527 said:
Just spent my first 2 hours with it. I'm not blown away by it graphically, it must have gotten pefect 10's based on technical merits instead of eye candy. Its definitely Grand Theft Auto. I haven't had any HOLY SHIT !! moments yet with the game. Mostly just a nice warm, fuzzy nostalgic feeling that its good to be playing a new GTA.
Pretty much nailed most of my feelings. Maybe I saw too much before. Or the uncanny valley. But I'm not drooling, like I did with Vice City, III and SA.

But my OMGWTF moments came from the songs on Classic and Hot 97 (I know that's not the name but when they talk about rappers getting shot outside the studio, you know the deal). Fuckin classic songs on classic. Stuff I wouldn't have expected but totally love. Did I hear Jeru the Damaja? Fricken 'Top Billin'? Holy shit, that station, for old school hip hop fans, is a wet dream. Hell, hearing Faith on Hot 97 just hit the right note for me. Unexpected but completely welcomed. Other than that, I'm pleased. Very good show, Rockstar.

Sylar

Banned
My "holy shit" moment has been riding the motorcycle, hitting a car and flying into the air, but hitting one of the beams above me from the bridge, instead of just flying through it like in past GTA's. :lol

skinnyrattler said:
But my OMGWTF moments came from the songs on Classic and Hot 97 (I know that's not the name but when they talk about rappers getting shot outside the studio, you know the deal). Fuckin classic songs on classic. Stuff I wouldn't have expected but totally love. Did I hear Jeru the Damaja? Fricken 'Top Billin'? Holy shit, that station, for old school hip hop fans, is a wet dream. Hell, hearing Faith on Hot 97 just hit the right note for me. Unexpected but completely welcomed. Other than that, I'm pleased. Very good show, Rockstar.

I laughed.

I don't usually laugh at games. I might smile and say to myself "Heh. Clever."

I laugh playing this game.

Teknoman

Raide said:
This time around you actually have to drive them. The physics really has changed how they all handle and I am not sure people have got used to it from the previous GTA games. :lol

Yeah, all it takes is a day or so to get used to em. Either that or go play Gran Turismo or Forza (or even PGR) then come back to drive in GTA.

:lol

God this game is amazing. I'm going to be late picking my brother up from school because I've been caught up watching the fucking TV in GTA with some hilarious alien/soldier bullshit :D

BenjaminBirdie said:
I laughed.

I don't usually laugh at games. I might smile and say to myself "Heh. Clever."

I laugh playing this game.

I always get more laughs from GTA games than pretty much any other game and just not the radio bits. The game always has a sense of awareness and satire about itself that is always charming. I even smiled with the warm coffee achievement. That's just them perfectly in a nutshell and why something like Saints Row is pretty much completelty unenjoyable for me in that regard.

Teknoman

Stoney Mason said:
I always get more laughs from GTA games than pretty much any other game and just not the radio bits. The game always has a sense of awareness and satire about itself that is always charming. I even smiled with the warm coffee achievement. That's just them perfectly in a nutshell and why something like Saints Row is pretty much completelty unenjoyable for me in that regard.

Yeah im gonna agree on that. Saints Row wasnt bad as a game at all, but it wasnt funny at all...and it was trying to be...trying too hard.

Things arent funny if people beat you over the head with em.

watership

It's probably been said like 100 times already... but it's a crying shame that this game doesn't have a screenshot/movie tool like Halo 3. If every a game needed on, this is it.

Somnia

So for the hell of it after flying in the helicopter with Brucie (just a random call not a mission so not a spoiler...) I decided to pick up a hooker for the first time after 15 hours of playing :lol ...well I pick this girl up and driver back into an alley way and pick the $70 option. As she moves her head down some prick comes and tries jacking my car and the girl runs away with my money...BITCH!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ferrio said:
Weird stuff happen to me.

-Punched a random bum. Bum punched me back and a cop saw it. Cop came held a gun to him and arrested him.

:lol I swear, the hobos are the best part of the city. I went random alley walking last night, and bumped into a random bum and he goes "Hey, watchit buddy, can't you see I'm trying to piss here?!"

lil smoke

Banned
watership said:
It's probably been said like 100 times already... but it's a crying shame that this game doesn't have a screenshot/movie tool like Halo 3. If every a game needed on, this is it.
No question about it.

G-Bus said:

???

Press up twice, then use the digipad to choose 9, press a, choose 1, press a, choose 1, press a, hit the digipad to the left so you can choose the green telephone receiver and hit enter. Then follow the instructions.

Son of Godzilla said:
FUCKING SNOWSTORM OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If it's not the fucking popos ramming me to hell and back as I try to get across the sole, single two lane fucking road connecting to the islands, it's the fucking NOOSE jackasses shotgunning me in the face. I hate this mission so much.
I loved that mission

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I think the key to driving his braking a bit first and THEN lightly tapping the handbrake. I'm getting pretty good at it.

lynux3

UncleGuito said:
Shit, is the PS3 multiplayer still down? I can't connect, just like last night.

It's weird. I was just online about 15 minutes ago... nothing wrong, very very little lag, etc. and now it won't let me connect, but I can still receive invitations from people on my friends list.

Top Bottom