• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
dedhead54 said:
Did I (Magellan42) end up in a multiplayer game with you earlier, Iamthegamer? I think you killed me like... a bunch>
Oh shit, that was you? I was wondering which gaffer that was. I think i may have won that deathmatch, a first for me (I usually end up near the top though - NO ONE REMEMBERS TO PICK UP THE MONEY)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Himuro said:
It's a reason I don't use muscle cars at all in GTA, they slip and slide so easily. I tried a Stallion in IV and my thoughts were confirmed.

Definitely, the Stallion in IV likes to oversteer like crazy

Also, as far as Vigilante missions go, I logged into the LCPs system but couldn't do any missions. Something about the not being able to connect to the server...

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
chubigans said:
Anyone else using cabs like crazy to get around town? So awesome to use, and much easier to save games with.

Oh hell yeah. If a cab comes before a bike when I walk outside I usually grab the cab.

The driving is actually quite realistic. You have to slow down before the turn, turn, and then accelerate out of the turn. I find this is much more like real driving than games where you can powerslide with braking around corners.

FIREBABY

Iamthegamer said:
I haven't played Burnout Paradise in months, but when I deform cars in GTAIV, I can't quite tell which game actually does it better. GTAIV is much more specific in it's damage. The detail is incredible, as is Burnout. I pondered this as I drove on two wheels, running over pedestrians today. Another one of life's mysteries.
Yup. bullet holes,chipped paint, cracked windshields, nothing looks the same. How the hell did they do this and keep everything intact. By the way Firetruck rampages are the shit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SapientWolf said:
####################################
## CD Universe Order Status ##

Config Ord Ship Artist / Title Price Detail
Status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
XB360 1 0 Grand Theft Auto IV $58.95 Backorder
XB360 1 1 XBox 360 Live Points - 1600 $19.74 Shipped 1
on Mar 18, 2008

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will
continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we
receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in.
After 6/13/2008 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can
cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home
page.

Don't ever pre-order from CD-Universe guys. Lesson learned.
I take that back.

## CD Universe Order Status ##

Config Ord Ship Artist / Title Price Detail
Status
XB360 1 1 Grand Theft Auto IV
04/30/2008 1 $51.96 $0.00 $2.99 $54.95
2nd Day Air

CD Universe is awesome.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture.

photo-3.jpg

Treo360

Himuro said:
It's a reason I don't use muscle cars at all in GTA, they slip and slide so easily. I tried a Stallion in IV and my thoughts were confirmed.

If you haven't yet, get yourself one of the Ferrariss near the Perseus store, or you can wait and get the Inferno, the thing has speed, power and handling. I have one parked
in all three of my hideouts

Zamoto

I tend to avoid the muscle cars at all costs. They are way to slippery. My favorite due to handling is the Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes and the CRX lookalikes (I don't know the names). That corvette looking thing is a tire smoking pile of shit, but its fast.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Himuro said:
What's this about logging into the computer? I heard about that feature so much but I'm in a cop car right now and I don't see it.

You have to progress further along in the story. After that it'll ask you to press L1 when stopped.

Brashnir

Himuro said:
What's this about logging into the computer? I heard about that feature so much but I'm in a cop car right now and I don't see it.

stop the car and hit LB (I assume L1 if you're on the PS3 version)

BlueTsunami

Himuro said:

Oh man Himu, it rocks. I believe you press L1 (or I would think L Shoulder for 360) when your in an LCP Cruiser. Go and find out :D

SpeedingUptoStop

Himuro said:
I think some guy introduces it to you in the game.

Teknoman

Iamthegamer said:
When do my stats get uploaded to social club? I mean, fuckin A', it's been 48 hours.

From support:

This is currently due to a backlog on our servers. Please be patient.

Cheers,

The Rockstar Games Social Club

Apparently its the same reason why Zit music hasnt shown yet.

dedhead54

Iamthegamer said:
Oh shit, that was you? I was wondering which gaffer that was. I think i may have won that deathmatch, a first for me (I usually end up near the top though - NO ONE REMEMBERS TO PICK UP THE MONEY)

Yeah it was me.

I have noticed people don't always pick up the money. I've definitely found random money's laying around because of it.

Core407

Banned
QVT said:
Dude, why the fuck would they only ruin cars then? Why are bikes perfectly drivable? And fuck the idea of going slow to fix it, I want to go fast.

And of course the gameplay still sucks. If you tried to sell this gameplay without the world behind it you'd get laughed at. It's GTA it's not about the gameplay.

The shooting aspect really picks up when you get the uzi and so forth. Uzi is a real visceral experience and really shows off the advances the game has made from previous titles. Also, driving is ridiculously easy if you use the brake and handbrake. Some of the cars are difficult to drive, but they're the larger boat Caddilacs basically and they handle like you'd expect them to. Get the Turismo, try that out and realize the driving doesn't suck but is actually realistic. Seriously, I pull off some of the craziest runs with the Turismo. Also, when you start fishtailing, cut it in the opposite direction and back and forth, but slowly lower the intensity and you'll normal your car out. Remember, small flicks are ideal for top speed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm kinda disappointed that the numbers in the world (like on billboards and such) dont work with the in-game phone. Even a pre-recorded message would have been cool, and not that hard to do. Ah well.

BlueTsunami

The visuals in this game seem to grow on you as your eyes adjust. At first the game looked like everything was sort of blending into eachother but now I can discern things better than I did at first. The fug?

Tobor said:
The cars handle perfectly. I love the new physics.

People are complaining about the cars? :lol
People don't like change. I think the cars handle great, and I always welcome a learning curve.

QVT said:
What the hell are you supposed to do in Undress for Kill?

Walk around, wait for people to talk. Managers will then be marked with a red marker.

Once you start shooting, they'll all bail through the back exit, follow their car if you need to.

SpeedingUptoStop

dedhead54 said:
Yeah it was me.

I have noticed people don't always pick up the money. I've definitely found random money's laying around because of it.
fun game, man, fun game. Actually, a lotta fun games today. I love this, I'm glad no huge multiplayer game is coming out for a while, everybody's gonna get in on this.

If you told me 6 years ago I'd be playing GTA online with 15 other people I woulda been like "pssssh, you crazy."

I just beat the
Deconstruction
mission. Probably the hardest mission I've come across so far, but also probably my favorite. Finally got the assault rifle from it.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
TheGreatDave said:
Walk around, wait for people to talk. Managers will then be marked with a red marker.

Once you start shooting, they'll all bail through the back exit, follow their car if you need to.

NVM just had to suicide it's all done with

chubigans said:
Anyone else using cabs like crazy to get around town? So awesome to use, and much easier to save games with.
I've learned to hail a cab when drunk. Cops get on your ass like crazy if you drive drunk. So I end up taking quite a lot of cab rides. Not that I mind. Apart from that one time when the driver thought the best way to get me to my destination would be to reverse down a sidewalk and repeatedly slam into a barrier.
And I miss Roman's employee, that guy was great. Will you ever be able to use "Car Service" again?

xabre

Banned
What do I spend money on? It's early in the game and I've got about $800 with only the Russian Clothes shop to buy stuff in (which I've pretty much all done).

QVT said:
You're supposed to shoot, then? I assumed you had to sneak around and do it since they kill you almost instantly if you shoot.

I went behind the bar, took cover, and just shot everybody. Worked out OK.

Brashnir

VibratingDonkey said:
I've learned to hail a cab when drunk. Cops get on your ass like crazy if you drive drunk. So I end up taking quite a lot of cab rides. Not that I mind. Apart from that one time when the driver thought the best way to get me to my destination would be to reverse down a sidewalk and repeatedly slam into a barrier.
And I miss Roman's employee, that guy was great. Will you ever be able to use "Car Service" again?
Yeah, after doing a few missions the option will become available again.

Flynn

chubigans said:

Yeah. It's a great workaround to the scale issue that made missions a hassle.

dedhead54

Iamthegamer said:
fun game, man, fun game. Actually, a lotta fun games today. I love this, I'm glad no huge multiplayer game is coming out for a while, everybody's gonna get in on this.

If you told me 6 years ago I'd be playing GTA online with 15 other people I woulda been like "pssssh, you crazy."

Seriously.... Never thought it would actually happen. It's so fun, too... SO fucking fun!

SpeedingUptoStop

dedhead54 said:
Seriously.... Never thought it would actually happen. It's so fun, too... SO fucking fun!
It's so simple, run and gun, yet it's never downright frustrating or annoying. you implement your own strategy, on the fly. it's ingenious gameplay, that's what it is. I duno if I'd go balls crazy and give it 10/10....I'm gonna need to play a game of King Kong with you guys before I'd do that.:D

BlueTsunami

Windu said:
Michelle.
"IT'S A TRAP!" said Admiral Ackbar.

Yep, shes a little bit too
talky talky when it comes to Niko's current standing when it comes to organized crime

Core407

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Yep, shes a little bit too
talky talky when it comes to Niko's current standing when it comes to organized crime

Fuck. why did I highlight that spoiler. :( So should I
drop the bitch? I already shoved it in her pooper a couple times so I don't want her showing up at my apartment or something.

Sean

Banned
Can someone give me tips for the Undress to Kill mission? (
where you need to take out the 3 managers in the strip club
).

As soon as I kill one of them, I'm getting shot at like mad by all the security guards and people.

Top Bottom