• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

I really wish there was still a garage and not this park by the side of the road bulshit.

every single time I use a taxi to head to my place, he knocks my comet out of the zone and I have to get out and drive it back in. Especially when they have this whole dirty car system in place, a garage would be nice to keep my cars clean.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Linkzg said:
I really wish there was still a garage and not this park by the side of the road bulshit.

every single time I use a taxi to head to my place, he knocks my comet out of the zone and I have to get out and drive it back in. Especially when they have this whole dirty car system in place, a garage would be nice to keep my cars clean.

Yeah I keep a good car and a shit car there. I wasn't paying attention just trying to outrun cops and totaly tboned my good car. I was pissed.

X26

Banned
Linkzg said:

It would'nt be so bad if the car(s) was saved even if you took it out and didn't return it. It's unrealistic, but who cares, would have actually made the spaces worthwhile

X26 said:
It would'nt be so bad if the car(s) was saved even if you took it out and didn't return it. It's unrealistic, but who cares, would have actually made the spaces worthwhile

yeah, Saint's Row did things like that with making you actually wanting to go and drive your expensive cars around because you could always get access to them again.

and I am terrible person, I just
gave a young girl money to go buy drugs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, some of these need mid-mission checkpoints. While this is easier than the last GTAs have been, doing the same part over and over again just to get to the hard part and fail gets really annoying.

FUCK YOU SNOW STORM, so glad I finally beat it. But really. Fuck.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Screw what I said earlier...

I sailed the first island, banged my first girl, went to the cabaret then a bar and got drunk, punched a few random people.... awesome game.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Those Mcreary brothers are alright, a little heavy on the Italian epithets, but funny as fuck none the less. It's nice to see Rockstar finally explare the Irish mob...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Himuro said:
Turn it off then.

I don't want it off, I want free aim assigned to something easier to consistently execute. The last thing I need in a firefight is a half depression!

Is there an easier way to shoot while driving? Can you lock onto the car you are shooting? If I had another thumb, I would hold down circle because that would make things much easier, but it is just really tough.

Y2Kev said:
I don't want it off, I want free aim assigned to something easier to consistently execute. The last thing I need in a firefight is a half depression!

When I first heard about the whole half hold thing to free aim, I was sure I was gonna turn lock on off so I can just free aim, but it really works quite well now. I am playing on the PS3 and I can easily go from a lock-on to free aim easily. Only problem I have with gunplay is while driving.

Speevy

Banned
If you're looking for a city spot within which you cannot be killed, try this.

Go into the hospital and find a small room with the door open. Kill a couple of cops until they jam the door that way. Then stand behind the door, facing the lockers across the room.

No one will kill you. Of course, you can't really do anything either, but I found it to be the safest escape so far.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can't figure out who's missions I need to complete to advance the main storyline. I'm at about 50% completion and can take missions from
The McGreary Bros. after completing Packie's stuff, Brucie, and mob boss that lives in the mansion (Jimmy Pegrino?). I completed all of Ray's Missions and Florian's.

Anyone help me along?

Gbeav

Banned
Note to R*: You are bastards for making every mission after the starters make me drive 10 miles to get to where I need to go.

comrade

Blah just ran into a bug on the PS3 version. The game won't get past the loading screen and when I turn off the ps3 with the controller my console beeps and does a total restart instead of just going to the XMB. Really don't want to start over I just got access to the 3rd Island.

How do you get Ricky Gervais to be at the comedy club? both times I went it was Katt Willians (which was actually pretty funny), but I want to see some Ricky Gervais action.

and Bas Rutten is awesome.

Linkzg said:

Is there a specific locale near your house? That's what I do and it's only a few seconds of running to my house.

Recoil

SIP YEK NOD said:
Try some freeways and such too. i know the one in alderny counts as one.

No, it doesn't, it only counts if it goes over water.

Having done this achievement last night, I can help. Assuming you've already gotten all of the ones between the large islands, you're probably missing the ones in the south of Alderney -- One is very low, look out for it -- Also, the one near the powerplant, you'll need to fly under twice to register, once on each side.

Assuming you've got all the obvious ones, up and down both "rivers" separating the main islands, that should be all of them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
At first I was really pissed there was another effing bicycle chase....

but then it went in the subway! sooo badass. :lol :lol Oh god, it was so intense, I'm so worked up.

Issun23

jhferry said:
I am also confused, after each mission it auto saves, do you still need to go to the safehouse after a mission or can you just back out of the game.

No need to go back to the safehouse. You can quit and then continue later on. When you load the game you'll find Niko automatically at the safehouse.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Y2Kev said:

You need to turn off auto-aim and turn up your sensitivity.

Best advice I can give to anyone playing the game.

I love the gunplay now.

This is by far the best game I've played of the last 2 generations.

Maybe ever.

HELP this is driving me crazy. Where do I go for
my lawyer interview
There is no icon that tells me where to go and nothing happens when the scheduled time comes. I read A FAQ that mentioned a tie shaped icon but nothing appears. Is there something I have to do first. I got a suit and tie for it as well.

Treo360

X26 said:
MAJOR END-GAME SPOILERS! Even if youv'e beat it, highlight the first sentence first!

This is based on picking DEAL over REVENGE

So I beat it earlier, and damn Roman dying really really sucked. Last mission was alright, from car chase -> shoot out -> boat chase -> heli chase -> on foot chase. Lame that there wasn't a checkpoint after each section, and what the hell with all the FBI at the end when you're bound to have little health left. Took me like 10-15 tries overall to beat it, kept failing due to the awkward heli controls and if not that the FBI gunning me down.

Overall loved the game. Plenty of issues and problems, but it had great gameplay and narrative. Problem now is that I kinda feel depressed playing now at the end and doing whatever I want without roman :(. No one's beat it twice I imagine, but for someone reading this who already knows: does roman die no matter what?

Do you really want to know? If you do pm me
because some dipshit will highlight this and cry until kingdom come because he was forced into revealing the spoiler

Really Che? Ever? Im more than half way done now and been unable to shake the "same old" feeling. Its alot of fun, but its the same game we played 4 years ago with a new coat of paint and cool minigames. I guess i bought into the hype that this game would really change things up.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Gamer @ Heart said:
Really Che? Ever? Im more than half way done now and been unable to shake the "same old" feeling. Its alot of fun, but its the same game we played 4 years ago with a new coat of paint and cool minigames. I guess i bought into the hype that this game would really change things up.

Maybe I've got really short term memory or something, but I honestly can't recall a game that I've been more impressed (on the whole) and had more consistent fun with than GTA4.

I don't think it's quite the same experience as previous GTAs since the improved graphics, animations, AI behavior, and hugely improved gunplay and damage modeling (love tearing up cars with cops in them) really pull you into this alternate reality like no other game has done for me before.

I guess it's just the way I am. You ask me today what's the best FPS I've ever played and I'll tell you it's COD4 and that shit just came out 6 months ago.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
After finding out what Lawchick can 'do' for you I want to know what advantages the other online girls offer. Maybe minor spoiler
with lawchick you can call her to do something about cops chasing you :D
. I'm now also dating the crazy chick that speaks about herself in the third person.

guggnichso

Banned
BobTheFork said:
HELP this is driving me crazy. Where do I go for
my lawyer interview
There is no icon that tells me where to go and nothing happens when the scheduled time comes. I read A FAQ that mentioned a tie shaped icon but nothing appears. Is there something I have to do first. I got a suit and tie for it as well.

This is kind of badly made:

The
law firm
send you the date and time of your
interview
via SMS. For the map icon to appear, you have to read the WHOLE sms (scroll down on the phone screen).

If you don't do that, you'll get the time, but the icon won't appear.

guggnichso said:

The
law firm
interview
via SMS. For the map icon to appear, you have to read the WHOLE sms (scroll down on the phone screen).

D: what do I do about it? I tried shooting everyone in the strip club do that didn't work.

guggnichso

Banned
BobTheFork said:
D: what do I do about it? I tried shooting everyone in the strip club do that didn't work.

Shooting everyone in the strip club is always a pleasure :D

Whatever: You still have the message in your phone. Just open it and read it. If that doesn't work, just don't go there, they'll send you a new one with a new date.

guggnichso said:

The
law firm
interview

This is where I'm stuck but I'm not sure which message you are talking about. Is it in the message section or the organizer section?

Top Bottom