• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

junker said:
Sorry for bumping my own post; I'm kinda desperate here.

No way to initiate the call from the law firm or continue Elizabeta's missions? I'll probably start over. Someday.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42924756&pid=933037
http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=786820&mode=threaded&pid=1431950

Unfortunately you may be fucked. That bug seems to be cropping up on other forums as well. That is pretty bad and as I mentioned in an earlier post there is a different bug that manifests itself on that mission so that whole mission is pretty damn buggy.

ice cream

Banned
kylej said:
I turned a corner and found a few Sanchez'.....

33829IMG_0272.jpg

Every single color variation on one road.
Where was that? Like what Island and street/area/wherabouts?

Is there good guide out for Stevie's car thefts? I've played this game for over 50 hours but for the life of me i cant remember where many of the landmarks he mentions are.

t4ng0

kylej said:
I turned a corner and found a few Sanchez'.....

33829IMG_0272.jpg

Every single color variation on one road.
Exact same thing happened to me when I was driving the Ferrari. Every color was there, and I hopped out of my red one, and snagged a nice black one:D

Dama

Banned
Can someone tell me where the JOB INTERVIEW takes place? It keeps remaining me to go there but I cant find it on the map.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dama said:
Can someone tell me where the JOB INTERVIEW takes place? It keeps remaining me to go there but I cant find it on the map.
It's a small white icon that looks like a push pin I think.
It's there.

Loudninja

Kadey said:
How do you throw the grenade?
How do I get my cars fixed?
Where can I go to surf the net?
How do you get a cab?

You get cars fix by either going to a pay and spray, or wait for it ti get fix when you save it.

You surf the net by going to a Tw@ cafe

gtj1092

Finally caved and bought the game. I am so weak, Ive yet to beat a single GTA yet I own them all:lol. Well its installing now hope this one keeps till the end.

kylej

Banned
Almost done hunting pigeons. Kind of a grind but it lures you into some interesting areas that you might not otherwise visit.

Core407

Banned
Kadey said:
How do you get a cab?

Grenade: Longer you hold, further you throw (L2 hold + R2 hold & release)
Go to the spray and pay
At the internet cafe name starts with @ or something
hold L1 to wave a cab or whistle

pj

Banned
Kadey said:
How do you get a cab?

right trigger..
pay 'n spray (spray can on map)
twat (@ on map)
hail with LB, hold Y to get in, or just hold Y when one is stopped

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Sorry about my driving. :/

heh I suck at driving too so I always stalled and let someone else take the wheel

did all the assassinations earlier today, they were done in a flash, so easy

I loved the one (7th I think?) where ALL your targets are clustered in one group and you can just chuck a grenade in the middle, killing all of them with one go

btw for no reason here's a pic of our pup brucieee that I mentioned earlier

2v9azc8.jpg

genetically superior

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Darunia said:
heh I suck at driving too so I always stalled and let someone else take the wheel

did all the assassinations earlier today, they were done in a flash, so easy

I loved the one (7th I think?) where ALL your targets are clustered in one group and you can just chuck a grenade in the middle, killing all of them with one go

btw for no reason here's a pic of our pup brucieee that I mentioned earlier

2v9azc8.jpg

genetically superior

i regret to inform you that's a bernie, not a brucie

I'm sure it's been asked but what am I supposed to do to get the cars for Stevie? He sent me a message with a picture of the car but seemingly no way to activate the mission.

APZonerunner said:
How the fuck do I take a whole party (about 6 people) into a game of cops and crooks? One of us always gets dropped.
PS3 or 360 version? Party mode is still pretty janked for me on the PS3 version- it drops pretty much every match no matter the mode.

Prvt.Pegleg said:
this is probably one of the worst multiplayer set ups this generation.

just...wtf rockstar

I don't disagree. I've sort of fallen in love with the race mode but it's like shifting through shit looking for a diamond trying to find a consistent experience.

Another thing about the story and narrative I don't like now that I started a second game...There's no progression for Nico and Roman as characters. In the beginning all the talk is Roman and Nico climbing to the top, and neither of them progress at all. You just work for different people. If that's the case, they shouldn't have included all the climbing to the top talk in the beginning, or if they did then they should have had Nico or Roman have some sort of commentary on how they aren't getting anywhere, how the lifestyle is a cycle you can't break, etc. Also, when the game starts Nico comes here with a hope of a new life, and that basically disappears in about 10 minutes. It would have been nice to see Nico a little more upset about the life he's being forced to live outside of a few conversations in a car when Nico says "America isn't all it's cracked up to be" or whatever.

Back to finishing my final paper, then probably some more GTA. Or packing to go home on Monday.

Meier

Man... Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend = frustrating. :(

Kiki doesn't seem to want to help me anymore when I call for her to ditch my wanted level -- is that a product of me not having boned her lately? Or can she just not help at times? My wanted level got to 4 on that and I knew I was fucked.

kylej

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
If anyone is as stupid as me and is working on the pigeons I've come across a great guide with pictures

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-141650.aspx

making this bullshit much quicker.

I've been using that from the start. Even with the guide I'll have spent ~10 hours on it by the time I'm done. Some of the pigeon locations are so absurd that I question the sanity of whoever placed them around town. If someone manages to find them all without a guide they should get a free car.

FFChris

Finished the game today.

As much as I enjoyed the whole thing, I wish Nico had progressed and fulfilled his American Dream, or Romans if you like. I kind of wanted him to have a huge house by the end of the game, and I was really disappointed you can't buy houses at all, what am I supposed to spend my $500,000 on?!

Still, I guess they have to save some stuff for DLC, right...

lionelhutz

jasonbay said:
Three Leaf Clover is so epic and
holy 250k...i was expecting like 10k

Other than the loot I didn't see what was so special about the mission. With body armor it's pretty damn easy. I'm not sure what I expected but the mission didn't live up to the hype.

Choc

Banned
FFChris said:
Finished the game today.

As much as I enjoyed the whole thing, I wish Nico had progressed and fulfilled his American Dream, or Romans if you like. I kind of wanted him to have a huge house by the end of the game, and I was really disappointed you can't buy houses at all, what am I supposed to spend my $500,000 on?!

Still, I guess they have to save some stuff for DLC, right...

go gamble that 500k in Las Venturas ;)

FFChris

Zep said:
You know...Why are there no silenced weapons? Why leave those out?

I had the same thought, it would be really interesting to stealthily take out groups of enemies.

I guess they took them out as they could make a mess of some of the mission mechanics.

Brofist

My wife, who hates gaming btw, can't stop watching me play this game.

Problem is it's like having my own little John Conner hanging on my back "you just can't go around killing people"

voltron

Gamer @ Heart said:
Is there good guide out for Stevie's car thefts? I've played this game for over 50 hours but for the life of me i cant remember where many of the landmarks he mentions are.

Its not hard at all.... read the message he sends you - pause the game and look at the map. Move the cursor around until you find the suburb/area then if there is no street name just drive around until you find it. There is always a visual clue in the text msg picture too to help you out.

kpop100 said:
My wife, who hates gaming btw, can't stop watching me play this game.

Problem is it's like having my own little John Conner hanging on my back "you just can't go around killing people"

my girlfriend does the same exact thing when she watches me play "Josh why did you just run that woman over?! She didn't do anything! Don't shoot that guy that's not nice!"

funkmastergeneral said:
my girlfriend does the same exact thing when she watches me play "Josh why did you just run that woman over?! She didn't do anything! Don't shoot that guy that's not nice!"

Tell her "Don't hate the player, hate the game" and then turn up some 2pac as loud as possible.

Top Bottom