• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MechDX

Steroyd said:
How do I get 6 stars?

For the life of me the most I've ever got outside a mission from my own doing is 4.

1) Kill tons of cops.

2) Visit an island by boat that isnt unlocked yet. Instant 6 stars.

Struct09

I finished the story missions tonight, coming in at exactly 22 hours. Great game, I (major ending spoiler)
chose to take revenge on Dimitri.

Now I go for 100% and all the achievements :D

raYne

pj325is said:
MADHP are trying to get gta4 banned
:lol

Red Blaster said:
Is it possible to jack one of the helitour choppers mid-flight?
I was just about to reply with something about you playing too much Halo... then I saw your tag. Heh.

Steroyd said:
How do I get 6 stars?

For the life of me the most I've ever got outside a mission from my own doing is 4.
You pretty much aren't going to get 6 stars unless you take down a chopper or two or blow up a bunch of stuff. Just killing individuals whether they be peds, police or FIB won't be enough.

No idea how you're stuck at 4 stars though. You can get four stars in about 20 seconds or less.

Teknoman

Gully State said:
So is there a GAF community for GTA4 on PSN? If so who would I need to add?

My PSN ID is GullyState btw...

Me and anyone else in the PSN GTA IV thread in the online topic section that you'd want to. That way we can toss invites around.

TTG

Wow, I just realized
Bas Rutten
is on one of the TV shows called "men's room". This is better than Kat Williams for me :lol

DANGADA DANGADA DANG

Narcosis

Dez said:
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Snow Storm mission. Once I get
in the truck and the cops start chasing me, I can't seem to lose them, and eventually just get owned by a bunch of suicidal cops. The radius seems to be my entire map. Anyone have any tips for that part?

EDIT: I suppose a faster car would help, I just hate driving all the way there, and I always assume my cars would disappear anyway.

Since it was conveniently located on my path from the mission start point to the main destination, I just stopped by the car dealership across the street from the north-most Perseus store and stole one of the Turismos before I went to the mission destination. I parked it right outside of the fence and it was still there when I needed it later.

funkmastergeneral said:
If anyone is interested, I found a rocket launcher spawn on the little island north of Algonquin

woot!

striKeVillain! said:
Where can I find a Dirty Sanchez?

o_O

Kadey said:
Where can I go to surf the net?

Not only can you surf the net at the tw@ cafes everyone else mentioned, if you have unlocked the middle island there is a convenient laptop on a counter in your safe house you can use.

Zep said:
You know...Why are there no silenced weapons? Why leave those out?

I miss the stealth kills myself, that was a pretty cool thing in San Andreas, especially with the silenced pistols.

The star system is pretty lame to be honest.

1 - Police Cars
2 - More police cars
3 - Swat Teams/Helicopters
4 - FBI/FBI Swat Teams
5/6 - Nothing else seems to happen, bigger search area.

Wheres the military?

Narcosis said:
Not only can you surf the net at the tw@ cafes everyone else mentioned, if you have unlocked the middle island there is a convenient laptop on a counter in your safe house you can use.
There's also a computer in the lobby of the place you get after
killing Playboy X.
It's funny because for some reason when you use it the doorman gets all pissed off.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OMFG Is it me or is Catch The Wave(The one where you gotta protect Phil at the boat docks) one of THE hardest missions in the game? I was on it for about 5 freakin hours today. The way the enemies are spread out all over the boat house and how easy it is for Phil to die makes this a fucking chore to beat. Not to mention all the fucking driving you have to do just to get to the boat house. Jesus.

I'm moving onto Trespass next and I've heard horror stories about that one as well. Hopefully it isn't as tedious as Catch the Wave. Derelict Target was a bitch as well. TLC was NOTHING compared to CTW.

Monocle

Gully State said:
I'm curious.... are you guys playing single player with auto aim on or off?

I leave it on but I prefer to play with it off in multiplayer.
On. Even though I don't like to use it for certain weapons, it's convenient to have my aim snap right to an enemy when I pull the left trigger. Especially in darker places where people sometimes blend into the background.

BeeDog

So when can you start dating the Craplist chick? I contacted her while I was still on the second island, but now I have unlocked the third one (am around 53%) and she still hasn't answered! Wtf is wrong?

faberpach said:
Winner.

But seriously I really miss the militars... where are the tanks?? it would be so much fun to have a tank in GTA IV...

guess that will be in the DLC.

Rockstar wanted to make this GTA more realistic, so military power against ONE person isnt that realistic now is it?

Of course it was fun to drive a tank and behave like a maniac.

Steroyd

isamu said:
OMFG Is it me or is Catch The Wave(The one where you gotta protect Phil at the boat docks) one of THE hardest missions in the game? I was on it for about 5 freakin hours today. The way the enemies are spread out all over the boat house and how easy it is for Phil to die makes this a fucking chore to beat. Not to mention all the fucking driving you have to do just to get to the boat house. Jesus.

You'll probably kill yourself if I tell you this but you can
go around the boat house to the back and pick off all the enemies with a clear view, you can do that section in 30 about seconds.

womfalcs3

Banned
You can actually go under ground through the subway to try going to Algonquin early in the game before it's unlocked. You'll get 6 stars instantly and the cops will remain above ground so they can't get you. You can stay down there for a while.

Easy way to get the the achievement.

painey

I was in a chopper, went to the statue of liberty and spend a few minutes positioning it.. jumped out and landed in the top section, felt like a real don. Just as Niko stood up the Helicopter fell and hit him with the blades killing him instantly.. doh!

MMaRsu

God the jazz station is so genius on a hot sunday when you wake up after a whole night of clubbing....

just relaxin baby!

Steroyd

painey said:
I was in a chopper, went to the statue of liberty and spend a few minutes positioning it.. jumped out and landed in the top section, felt like a real don. Just as Niko stood up the Helicopter fell and hit him with the blades killing him instantly.. doh!

Bailling out of a chopper is hard without the damn thing coming back to crush you.

MMaRsu

womfalcs3 said:
You can actually go under ground through the subway to try going to Algonquin early in the game before it's unlocked. You'll get 6 stars instantly and the cops will remain above ground so they can't get you. You can stay down there for a while.

PUSSY way to get the the achievement.

fixed it for ya ;)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Steroyd said:
You'll probably kill yourself if I tell you this but you can
go around the boat house to the back and pick off all the enemies with a clear view, you can do that section in 30 about seconds.

I already did it but damn, aint that a bitch! :lol

So wait a minute, won't Phil rush into the boat house and die if I leave him and go around?

Steroyd

isamu said:
I already did it but damn, aint that a bitch! :lol

So wait a minute, won't Phil rush into the boat house and die if I leave him and go around?

No. When you start shooting from the back they'll concentrate on you, he'll barely get hurt.

bigswords

Yay! I completed my first GTA ever, coming in at 28 hours! I seriously hated the final mission

Where's it's scripted that you'll get hit by a rocket no matter what you do, once I got hit I just gave up...till I read the faq that you were suppose to get hit and just try to struggle to Happiness island.

Thumbs up! Now onto Brucie missions (I'm stuck at the race :( ).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bigswords said:
Yay! I completed my first GTA ever, coming in at 28 hours! I seriously hated the final mission

Where's it's scripted that you'll get hit by a rocket no matter what you do, once I got hit I just gave up...till I read the faq that you were suppose to get hit and just try to struggle to Happiness island.

Thumbs up! Now onto Brucie missions (I'm stuck at the race :( ).
Wait, what? You actually loaded your previous save everytime you got hit :lol ?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
IronicallyTwisted said:
The star system is pretty lame to be honest.

1 - Police Cars
2 - More police cars
3 - Swat Teams/Helicopters
4 - FBI/FBI Swat Teams
5/6 - Nothing else seems to happen, bigger search area.

Wheres the military?
I agree. Attack chopper was a lame idea.

bigswords

Seiken said:
Wait, what? You actually loaded your previous save everytime you got hit :lol ?

Yeah silly me, when I got hit the helicopter spins out of control so... :( Anyways it's cool I finally completed that stupid No.1 race, I just had to race at night where's there less incoming traffic.

OMG . . . I was drinking some wine last night while playing GTA and then I took a taxi ride home after drinking with Roman. Holy smokes . . . I felt double drunk. :lol The combo of my real wine with the blur from my virtual drunkeness was making me feel nausea. Well done Rockstar! :D

Wizpig

Why IGN has a Video non-marked as spoiler called
Niko Bellic R.I.P.
i cannot understand.
What the fuck is wrong with them?
Now i'm not asking if that's a true spoiler or not, but anyone who watched that video?

faberpach said:
But seriously I really miss the militars... where are the tanks?? it would be so much fun to have a tank in GTA IV....
It's the first installment on the new consoles . . . you gotta give them some room to grow.

Top Bottom