• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

voltron

ItsInMyVeins said:
To get that Most Wanted-achievement, do you have to do 10 missions on each island? I did on one but nothing happened, so..

Its pretty easy you just have to do the entire list for each island. They change colour as you do them.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
voltron said:
Its pretty easy you just have to do the entire list for each island. They change colour as you do them.

Yeah, I know, I did it for one island. I was just wondering if I had to do that on all the islands or just one :)

voltron

w00t - 98.33%!! Just took jacob to the Cabaret.

Now I gotta figure which activity with which friend I havent done yet. I think its either pool with Roman or bowling with Brucie... but both of those sound familiar.

womfalcs3

Banned
I think I'm about 70% done with Stevie. I'm hoping to finish his stuff today or tomorrow. I still have 131 pigeons left. The damn things are frustrating to shoot with all the cops.

Wizpig

immagine1xe2.png

Ok, this is getting slightly ridicolous, since i finished the game years
ok, weeks, maybe one month
ago.
Just tell me what's inside and let the bullshit end.

pr0cs

voltron said:
The final island is pretty difficult, some of the enemies will start shooting rockets at you or dropping grenades when you chase them (I learned both those facts out the hard way, :lol )

Firewire

Banned
Looking for some help.
I just killed Vlad, the Russians? have Roman and he's shot, I'm supposed to find a van with T.V.'s, but I can't seem to figure out how to pull them over and check there cargo? I'm stumped, and I'm new to GTA (PS3 version).

womfalcs3

Banned
Firewire said:
Looking for some help.
I just killed Vlad, the Russians? have Roman and he's shot, I'm supposed to find a van with T.V.'s, but I can't seem to figure out how to pull them over and check there cargo? I'm stumped, and I'm new to GTA (PS3 version).

You have to use a squad car to pull them over. Once you do, press L3 to activate the siren. Keep it on until the van pulls over.

Firewire

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
You have to use a squad car to pull them over. Once you do, press L3 to activate the siren. Keep it on until the van pulls over.
Well I high jack a squad car that comes nearby when you start the mission, L3 is the left thumb stick right? I press it in and I get a car horn not a siren???

womfalcs3

Banned
Firewire said:
Well I high jack a squad car that comes nearby when you start the mission, L3 is the left thumb stick right? I press it in and I get a car horn not a siren???

When you press it and let go you should get the siren.

Oozer3993

Wizpig said:

Ok, this is getting slightly ridicolous, since i finished the game years
ok, weeks, maybe one month
ago.
Just tell me what's inside and let the bullshit end.

It's just a list of people who've finished the game and their time. It's nothing special. Oddly, it lets me into that, but tells me that I have 0% done when I try to enter the 100% Club. I had 100% almost 2 weeks ago.

Oozer3993 said:
It's just a list of people who've finished the game and their time. It's nothing special. Oddly, it lets me into that, but tells me that I have 0% done when I try to enter the 100% Club. I had 100% almost 2 weeks ago.
Also, on the right are some "downloads:" desktop wallpaper, buddy icons, a myspace theme - nothing worthwhile. I had been as high as 78% for the 100% club, but now I'm back at 0.

Great job Rockstar. I'm totally over your stupid club.

(oh, and congrats Voltron! welcome)

Vaxadrin

Banned
Firewire said:

Click = toggle siren
Hold = horn

voltron

Revengeance said:
Also, on the right are some "downloads:" desktop wallpaper, buddy icons, a myspace theme - nothing worthwhile. I had been as high as 78% for the 100% club, but now I'm back at 0.

Great job Rockstar. I'm totally over your stupid club.

(oh, and congrats Voltron! welcome)

Thanks! It tells me Im at 87% for the 100% club, but I still cant get into the story complete section either :(

13 ZiTs have shown up though.

raYne

voltron said:
I bet youd get it really quick. I had a hunch I hadnt taken Brucie to a strip club and Jacob/packie to a cabaret.

You should have a go.
I suppose I should. Perhaps one day when I'm bored enough..

I'd only have a few stunt jumps and the same friend stuff to finish anyway. So it shouldn't take that long.

voltron

So does anyone know for sure whether you can still get the achievement for under 30hrs if you restart the game(with other saves on the system)?

raYne

voltron said:
cool.

/yeah I know, Im crazy
Not really, that's what I was forced to do after I beat the game the first time and there was nothing to do in the city. So I just did a speed run.

raYne

flunkie4455 said:
I think it's safe to say that this whole Rockstar Social Cub thing has been a pretty big letdown.

For me at least.
If you mean in terms of stat tracking.. Rockstar said that they can accurately see your correct stats all the time. It's just that the site doesn't reflect it properly because of the server load.

If you mean in general, yep. It's far less than anyone expected. It's pretty much the least social social club ever.

raYne said:
Not really, that's what I was forced to do after I beat the game the first time and there was nothing to do in the city. So I just did a speed run.
I'm about 2/3 of the way through my 'speed run' for that achievement. It's not going to be anywhere near the top of the story leaderboard, but I am skipping cutscenes and mostly taking taxis everywhere. A few missions a day - it's still fun.

As for the social club - letdown total. Not only is there zero social interaction involved, but I get angry and frustrated everytime I go there. I expected a lot more worthwhile content - like the stat tracking on bungie.net, and I certainly expected it to be running properly a month after the release.

voltron

raYne said:

Makes me feel better. Im doing a mega speed run while listening to old podcasts. Still fun.

And yeah - the Social Club has been a bit of a let down. Im still glad they did it but it hasnt lived up to the potential of what it could have been.

voltron

Goddam Take2 and their deleting of GTA4 content online. I need to see a video of how to do the chain reaction 10 cars in 10sec achievement. Whenever I try the reloading of the fucking RPG slows me hella down.

voltron said:
Goddam Take2 and their deleting of GTA4 content online. I need to see a video of how to do the chain reaction 10 cars in 10sec achievement. Whenever I try the reloading of the fucking RPG slows me hella down.
Grenades are a lot faster/more powerful.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I rather dislike the pacing of the story.

It starts off slow, builds atmosphere, then explodes into a flurry of interesting plot twists and turns (
The whole Vlad cutscene is when the main conflict is introduced
) and then it mellows out significantly for the remainder of the game. This mellow period has been very uneventful in regards to Nico's plot and character development and that upsets me greatly.

All of this praise about the game's story and most of it is speant developing other characters that you
end up killing after several missions anyways (although I'll admit that Francis was well developed before I popped one in his head
).

Rockstar: you crafted one of the most nuanced and interesting characters in the history of video games. Why did you slow the pacing of his development to a near-absolute crawl when the game's exposition comes to an end?

tak

dirtmonkey37 said:
It starts off slow, builds atmosphere, then explodes into a flurry of interesting plot twists and turns (
The whole Vlad cutscene is when the main conflict is introduced
) and then it mellows out significantly for the remainder of the game. This mellow period has been very uneventful in regards to Nico's plot and character development and that upsets me greatly.
I agree, the story is awesome at the start of the game since it's very focused, but it slowly gets worse as it loses its focus (mainly due to drifting away from characters the game made us care about at the start of the game).

Cardon

Does anyone have tips for
Derrick's last mission, the one where you need to block the tunnel and drive away with the prisoner in the cop truck
? I've managed to get close to getting rid of my Wanted level but at the last moment a cop spotted me. I was just wondering which island I should try driving around in order to get rid of my wanted level or if anyone had any crazy alternate ideas.

painey

voltron said:
Man Im useless. Ive tried so many times doing a combo or nades or nades/rpg or just rpg or nades/rpg/nades...

Stupid achievement.

Take a bus from times square and park it sideways on a main bridge AGAINST traffic. The cars will smash into the bus and pile up, wait till theres 10 and blow em up

HolyStar

Banned
WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT WATCH AMERICA'S NEXT TOP HOOKER? Dammit Rockstar, you actually make a good idea for a show, and we can't watch it, stupid bastards. It better be in the DLC man. Hate the fact man. Out of all of their fake programming, that is the one I wanted to watch the most.

Cardon said:
Derrick's last mission, the one where you need to block the tunnel and drive away with the prisoner in the cop truck
? I've managed to get close to getting rid of my Wanted level but at the last moment a cop spotted me. I was just wondering which island I should try driving around in order to get rid of my wanted level or if anyone had any crazy alternate ideas.
I just did this mission again last night, and it's a pain. All you can do is make lots of turns until the cops don't know where you are, and then watch the minimap while you make your way out of the wanted zone. Stay off big streets.

voltron

HolyStar said:
WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT WATCH AMERICA'S NEXT TOP HOOKER? Dammit Rockstar, you actually make a good idea for a show, and we can't watch it, stupid bastards. It better be in the DLC man. Hate the fact man. Out of all of their fake programming, that is the one I wanted to watch the most.

100000% agree. I still cant believe that the show is not watchable. They pimp it - advertise it - get Ricky Gervais to pimp - etc etc etc - AND WE CANT FUCKING WATCH IT?

WAT

Costanza

Banned
voltron said:
100000% agree. I still cant believe that the show is not watchable. They pimp it - advertise it - get Ricky Gervais to pimp - etc etc etc - AND WE CANT FUCKING WATCH IT?

WAT
They also need to add episodes of 72 and "WTF"

HolyStar

Banned
voltron said:

WAT

Yeah, for some reason, the stuff that you actually would want to watch they advertise the shit out of and make you want to watch it, but when you go and try to watch CNT that rich show is fucking on. Dammit. That anime they make fun of sounds pretty good to. Also, you were supposedly would be able to do drugs in the game, but they took it out due to controversy. Hell, in GTAIV, they even have Niko saying he shouldn't drink and drive so they can use it incase Fox attacks them.

tak

Cardon said:
Just turn a lot and go down alleys, for some reason cops cannot go around corners or down alleys.

Beaulieu

voltron said:
Man Im useless. Ive tried so many times doing a combo or nades or nades/rpg or just rpg or nades/rpg/nades...

Stupid achievement.

get to the motorcycle seller in alderney, there at 8 motos there, bring in 2 cars and booom

Top Bottom