• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

NeXuSDK

FightyF said:
Impressions of the year.

Yeah ok, why don't I just write you a nice 5-page review, break the NDA in all sorts of ways, ruin the review for my magasine/site and cut all ties to Rockstar. Will that do?

MMaRsu

NeXuSDK said:
Nah, unless the MP session will be on PS3...

I bet you've seen the screens released by IGN just a couple of days ago, does the game really look like that ? Or does it look like the trailers and is everything silky smooth ^_^

traveler

Not Wario
MMaRsu said:
I bet you've seen the screens released by IGN just a couple of days ago, does the game really look like that ? Or does it look like the trailers and is everything silky smooth ^_^

:lol

Those pics are really bugging you, aren't they? (Not that I disagree- I thought several of them looked pretty bad myself. Trailers look pretty great though, so I doubt it'll be a problem in the end)

FightyF

Banned
NeXuSDK said:
Yeah ok, why don't I just write you a nice 5-page review, break the NDA in all sorts of ways, ruin the review for my magasine/site and cut all ties to Rockstar. Will that do?

It was a joke, I totally understand the position you're in. Dude, I'm fucking FightyF, need I say more?

That last part was a joke too.

So are the single-player game demos Rockstar is giving on both systems/ luck of the draw or just the 360?

If both, did you get to choose?

NeXuSDK

jordan0386 said:
So, there is no time limit on how much you can play. You can go all day?

Thats pretty cool.

Yeah well, it's also hard playing for 14 hours straight with hardly any breaks :)

MMaRsu

traveler said:
:lol

Those pics are really bugging you, aren't they? (Not that I disagree- I thought several of them looked pretty bad myself. Trailers look pretty great though, so I doubt it'll be a problem in the end)

Kinda yeah heh :). The trailers all look so fantastic I hope I'm not setting too high of a bar for myself..and when I see screenshots like that my hope and stuff is just like " wut -_- "

NeXuSDK

MMaRsu said:

Which screens exactly?

newsguy

NeXuSDK said:
Yeah well, it's also hard playing for 14 hours straight with hardly any breaks :)

I hear you. The need to masturbate to this game will overtake me as well. What's your jerk to mission ratio right now? I would imagine 20 missions/1 tug would be about right.

MMaRsu

NeXuSDK said:
Which screens exactly?

These :

Does the game look like this

4383gtaiv-screenshot.jpg

or more like this

3557_gtaiv_screenshot.jpg

?

newsguy said:
I hear you. The need to masturbate to this game will overtake me as well. What's your jerk to mission ratio right now? I would imagine 20 missions/1 tug would be about right.
I will be spanking it constantly the entire time.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That second pic is an old build of the game. It DEFINITELY does not look like that. Compare taxis to see what I mean.

Sylar

Banned
I dont understand why you're freaking out over fucking pedestrians mmarsu. Jesus, even that first pic is an immense improvement. What are you expecting? Niko-level peds? Yeah right.

MMaRsu

chubigans said:
That second pic is an old build of the game. It DEFINITELY does not look like that. Compare taxis to see what I mean.

Very true, however all the new screenshots have this ugly filter aplied to it.

Let me rephrase the question then, does it look like that top screen or does it look like the stuff out of the trailers?

Sylar said:
I dont understand why you're freaking out over fucking pedestrians rau. Jesus, even that first pic is an immense improvement. What are you expecting? Niko-level peds? Yeah right.

No just peds that don't have textures like they walked out of a Xbox 1 game.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
What exactly are all the cellphone features? I just got geeked out reading the wikipedia entry today and seeing that you can actually call the cops. Holy shit, the possibilities are endless with that. SO AWESOME.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The trailers have the same "ugly" filter applied to it. Look at the fourth trailer and pause on some of the screens.

Sylar

Banned
MMaRsu said:
No just peds that don't have textures like they walked out of a Xbox 1 game.

And you will be dissapointed. It's the 360/PS3. Don't expect each PED to have dynamic bit mapping or lighting or amazing textures. Else you'd have no peds whatsoever.

MMaRsu

chubigans said:
The trailers have the same "ugly" filter applied to it. Look at the fourth trailer and pause on some of the screens.

Really? Never noticed it..well I hope that's not actually ingame then :\

newsguy

Iamthegamer said:
What exactly are all the cellphone features? I just got geeked out reading the wikipedia entry today and seeing that you can actually call the cops. Holy shit, the possibilities are endless with that. SO AWESOME.

Everything basically. It's your game hub. From missions, to dating, to dling different ringtones, even getting online is thru the phone.

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

I BROKE MY FUCKING HAND TRY AS I MIGHT I CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HOLDING A CONTROLLER

IS TTHIS BECAUSE I DIDN'T 100% SAN ANDREAS GOD!? IS IT!? BECAUSE I TRIED I SWEAR

FUCK

h3ro

teacupcopter said:
WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

I BROKE MY FUCKING HAND TRY AS I MIGHT I CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HOLDING A CONTROLLER

IS TTHIS BECAUSE I DIDN'T 100% SAN ANDREAS GOD!? IS IT!? BECAUSE I TRIED I SWEAR

FUCK

I played 50% of Gran Turismo 3 with my left arm in a sling and cast on my left wrist... you'll make it work. :D

MMaRsu

teacupcopter said:
WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

FUCK

Dude how did you break your hand man? Sorry to hear that :(

Sylar

Banned
Says when you load the game, you go straight to your last single player save. That is just rad. I was hoping PS Home was going to do something like that, but GTA has done it instead. Great job Rockstar!

...GTA has always done that....

newsguy

teacupcopter said:
WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

FUCK

Sorry to hear that. What's to stop you from messing around though? I'm so crazy I would buy it and just use my one hand to play around in the city.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
newsguy said:
Everything basically. It's your game hub. From missions, to dating, to dling different ringtones, even getting online is thru the phone.
Man, calling the cops up, just fucking with them, calling them into gang territory just to watch them fight....OMG OMG OMG

MMaRsu

Listen if the game looks like this when I'm playing it I'll be 100% satisfied :)

2366767497_5345942ce6_o.gif
2366772695_ac7bbe6492_o.gif

2366776229_7a50beb048_o.gif
2367625962_1119fb74cc_o.gif

Also I'm not hating but I think it's really funny people talking about features that Saints Row had first, now GTAIV has them and it's like the best thing ever supposedly.

I mean I could call the cops in Saints Row, listen to music on foot, free aim, call up friends, get into multiplayer, everything..

Ofcourse this game will be like 100x better than Saints Row, it's just weird seeing all this shit.

Guled

Party systems have become popular in online games. Invite some friends to your party and you'll be able to teleport around to various game modes, sticking together between each session. But you won't be sitting around long staring at boring screens. That's because Party Mode drops you into a secluded part of Liberty City with a host of guns and vehicles available to smack your buddies around. This is your lobby and it can become a pleasant distraction while the host tries to get his act together and launch you into one of the many multiplayer modes available.
YES, thats all I wanted
except bikes, planes, tanks,and jetpacks :(

zaidr

Sylar said:
...GTA has always done that....

Granted I've always played the previous GTA's on PC, but I distinctly remember there being a menu...(I'm gonna sooooo call you a newbie if I am right :lol )

Sylar

Banned
GTA3-SA has never had a menu on bootup. NEVER. Atleast not on consoles. It always booted first save, then you could load the others.

newsguy

Iamthegamer said:
Man, calling the cops up, just fucking with them, calling them into gang territory just to watch them fight....OMG OMG OMG

I like how you think. Watch gang warz from a rooftop.

Top Bottom